• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

D

Deleted member

3rd entry: up-throw and down-throw

Vs foxes, you can reliably d-throw and up-throw and be able to cover foxes tech options pretty easily

falco is tougher if you d-throw, if they DI the throw correctly and tech away you really have to commit to get it and competent falcos can react to you covering tech away in this manner

up-throw is thus more consistent IMO vs falcos and unless you are facing a bad falco/ you d-throw them near edge and they do not edgecancel up seems like the better choice

IN CONCLUSION:

DON'T D-THROW FALCOES LIKE I HAVE FOR THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF IF THEY KNOW HOW TO DI THROWS, UP-THROW INSTEAD

S l o X

Smash Champion
i figured this out last tournament after d-throwing moose / th0rn 5~ times and they almost always got away with it just because they know how to di / i would be forced to do a hard read.

but on fox you can tech chase on reaction with d-throw.

D

Deleted member

@teczero my bad i was gunna make a separate topic with only 5 star tips for falcon with localized discussion then i got too drunk during the daytime

Scidadle

Smash Champion
So. What do I do when they are on the ledge and I'm on stage. I find a lot of the time I can't close out stocks because I let them on too much/too easily.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
If they're ledgedashing perfectly with invincibility you have to respect that and just let them get back on

Most people are too sucky at doing that though, so just stay right out of ledgehop aerial range and do things

You'd have to specify because it varies a lot between characters, but just doing moves or dashdancing in and out of ledgehop aerial range is pretty pressuring already

D

Deleted member

read when they are going to jump onto ledge and hit them at that moment (most people can't do invincible ledgedash)

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
pivot fsmash is pretty good because you can outspace them if they do a ledgehop aerial easily

Mokumo

Smash Ace
i think a good 85% of the time falcos will do that ledgehop laser nonsense. it can be hard to punish but if you manage to hit them before they land its pretty much a free stock

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
You just full jump if you think they're doing to ledge laser like a tard
That might require you to be able to fall through a platform with an aerial though, not sure

D

Deleted member

i think a good 85% of the time falcos will do that ledgehop laser nonsense. it can be hard to punish but if you manage to hit them before they land its pretty much a free stock
just full hop stomp in these spots if they laser from edge too much dumbly

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
If I know they are going to high lhdl I will try to space a dtilt. . . that will lead to them going up or out, which leads to death 90% of the time at %s after 40ish.
And I'm pretty sure, if they do low double laser you can cc the first laser and ftilt before the second

But yeah, fh stomp covers both options easy, gets another 15-17% on em, and gives you a tech chase op, so I would stick with that until you get a feel
+1 to johnnys post

:phone:

Sparky

Smash Apprentice
for falcos lhd(on fd)l. i try to full hop knee them but like 90% of the time i always get hit by the 2nd laser before my knee connects. i think im too slow but i can never seem to get the timing right. any suggestions?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
for falcos lhd(on fd)l. i try to full hop knee them but like 90% of the time i always get hit by the 2nd laser before my knee connects. i think im too slow but i can never seem to get the timing right. any suggestions?
Turn around and use your fist

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
You basically just want to jump over both the lasers and hit him between that time and the time he lands

Windrose

Smash Lord
Just crouch cancel the lasers and dtilt falco. it sets up for a knee at higher percents and it gives you a good hit on falco at most percents anyways.

=======================

Does anyone know how to do the stomp shield stab to hit the opponent's feet like kage does with ganon?

ie. the timing of that and w/e, does it have specific requirements like the opponent's shield must be drained a bit to expose enough of the feet or something?

i've pulled it off a few times by accident. it's pretty useful to have in your tool kit.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
Even if they can do invincible ledgedash most of those people attack out of it predictably so if they hit you with it once try and bait it
i find it funny that the post before yours says most people can't invuln ledgedash, but then you say to bait it.

It's just that I find that even when I do an invuln wavedash and punish my opponent with fox, usually my opponent doesn't believe i can do it consistently so they continue to spam moves on my landing zone. I try to get on safely without spamming any moves predictably but then I always end up regretting it because no one is ever actually baiting my attack after get on because they don't respect my invuln waveland.

But yeah, personally I find that most people do not believe you can invuln ledgedash in tourney. Only your friends know your consistency.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Just crouch cancel the lasers and dtilt falco. it sets up for a knee at higher percents and it gives you a good hit on falco at most percents anyways.

=======================

Does anyone know how to do the stomp shield stab to hit the opponent's feet like kage does with ganon?

ie. the timing of that and w/e, does it have specific requirements like the opponent's shield must be drained a bit to expose enough of the feet or something?

i've pulled it off a few times by accident. it's pretty useful to have in your tool kit.
You can do it with every move it's just harder with Falcon because his hitboxes in general aren't disjointed but it is possible. You just have to hit the character where the shield is not, with dair you have to hit the opponent's feet during the animation of the dair when the hitbox becomes active or when he extends his feet. So if he's shielding then you can either try to hit the opponent's head if he shields downwards that would mean you'd have to dair him with the tip of your feet on top of his shield... or hit his feet if he shields upwards which means when you land the dair, you are pretty much already touching the floor as soon as the hitbox of the dair becomes active, it's like a split second before that and to need to l-cancel it. It's easier to hit that not directly from on top of them but just a bit on the sides like to hit one foot rather than their whole body.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Its hard getting the hitbox to come out right before you hit the ground. It is a neat tool to have in your arsenal but i feel that for falcon just FF > grab is a much safer/more reliable tactic.

I can see this being pulled out when you know you've got your opponent scared in his shield waiting for the shieldgrab and catch him with some really bad DI.

I tried this with both ganon and falcon a bit today. (using tape and a book for 2nd player shielding) and i felt like it was must easier for ganon.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble dropping through platforms quickly enough after landing. Maybe I'm just missing L-cancels, but how does one simply drop through a platform? The technical side of it, do I just time my landing right and input down on the control stick as soon as possible?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Not sure if Isai dropping helps with this or if it's just meant for cancelling landing lag

If you think it's going too slow you're probably just missing an L cancel or not pressing down at the right time

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I mean all you do is roll the stick forward before you drop but I think it's mostly used by Falcos to cancel their landing lag on platform lasers so disregard that <_<;;

Top Bottom