• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

D

Deleted member

my game n watch is the best i recommend spamming the **** out of d-air game and watches best move

Walt

Smash Ace
G and Dub is my go-to low tier. Fair/Dair/Nair/Dtilt are so ****. And drifting Bairs into shields hella confines people to the corner, it's shieldstun is weird so no one ever WD OoS it.

flantasticflan

Smash Journeyman
G and Dub is my go-to low tier. Fair/Dair/Nair/Dtilt are so ****. And drifting Bairs into shields hella confines people to the corner, it's shieldstun is weird so no one ever WD OoS it.
fair=over charged credit card
dair=spikey key
nair=power-chute
dtilt=shaky floor
bair=sloppy turtle

also

utilt=darrel waltrip

D

Deleted member

of all people to be throwin n1gguh around...s2j? the most azn *** muh****a i ever seen really pullin that right now? have some respect

edit: i realize there are like 3 black people in the scene so he probly thought it was chill...smh
its no secret that i love black ppl :(

SORRY MY BLACK D00D (**** you if you aren't black)

also, i didnt use hurtful 6 letter variation there is no malicious intent

edit: if i actually hurt some FEELINGS then just call me a *******

==

and... how do you know im the most azn guy, have we met?

It's me Q

Smash Apprentice
No love for uptilt? I love some fsmash and uptilt with G&W too, he is too fun.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
what do you falcon players think about this techchase:

dthrow your opponent towards the ledge
DD/pivot in place (dash forward/towards them, and then dash back or pivot back towards the center so you're facing center stage and your bair hits where they land) and bair them to punish the non-tech/tech in place
and if they tech to the center of the stage, just dash to where they are and grab them (as opposed to doing a dashdance back towards the center or turning around to grab)
and if they tech away.... do something else idk

i randomly tried it yesterday with pretty good results

i might be missing something or i might just be wrong, but i feel like this techchase is kinda good because....

1. the initial dash of the dashdance/pivot in place makes it look like you're trying to hard-punish a tech away, as opposed to knee/stomp in place or towards the center of the stage, which seems a lot more telegraphed
2. i think the bair is less laggy than a knee/stomp, so you have more time to follow up if it doesn't hit
3. after you do the bair, you should be facing center stage, so if they do tech towards the center, you don't have to waste your time turning around or dashdancing back towards the center of the stage, which i think can be the difference between regrabbing them and eating a shine/jab

i'll try to test this more the next time i play falcon, but i just wanted to share

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace

DD/pivot in place (dash forward/towards them, and then dash back or pivot back towards the center so you're facing center stage and your bair hits where they land) and bair them to punish the non-tech/tech in place
and if they tech to the center of the stage, just dash to where they are and grab them (as opposed to doing a dashdance back towards the center or turning around to grab)

i might be missing something or i might just be wrong, but i feel like this techchase is kinda good because....

1. the initial dash of the dashdance/pivot in place makes it look like you're trying to hard-punish a tech away, as opposed to knee/stomp in place or towards the center of the stage, which seems a lot more telegraphed
2. i think the bair is less laggy than a knee/stomp, so you have more time to follow up if it doesn't hit
3. after you do the bair, you should be facing center stage, so if they do tech towards the center, you don't have to waste your time turning around or dashdancing back towards the center of the stage, which i think can be the difference between regrabbing them and eating a shine/jab

i'll try to test this more the next time i play falcon, but i just wanted to share
I tried to do something similar (didn't work real well, but I'll describe it). I initially dash farther than it sounds like you are, like, until I'm almost right on top of them (this is obviously on like a no-DI dthrow) and then pivot -> sh immediately and react to what they do. My idea was to punish tech inwards with just fastfall and regrab, punish the tech towards the ledge with (dj -> ) bair -> ledge-cancel -> edgehog, and punish the in-place/missed tech with (dj -> ) stomp/knee. Two problems: A) accidental dash-dance -> sh doesn't work as well as pivot, and B) missed tech and inwards tech kept slipping away from me.

Your version seems like it would only have issues with tech towards the ledge if you're not really close to it, but that's arguably the worst spot they could put themselves in anyways, so no big deal. Although I think just dash past them -> raptor boost inwards covers the same options just as well.

j00t

Smash Champion
Why wouldn't you just keep regrabbing until they are forced to di off the stage? That is always the best option when tech chasing :p

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Why wouldn't you just keep regrabbing until they are forced to di off the stage? That is always the best option when tech chasing :p
Because a stomp does the same % as three regrabs and only requires you read/react correctly once.

I used to try just regrabbing and I kept losing because I'd regrab them, like, 3 or 4 times but eventually mess up and they'd escape. I didn't start winning many games until I started regrabbing maybe once and then stomp/knee/raptor boost, ppl would end up dead instead of escaping the regrab because I literally just had fewer chances to mess up.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
yeah, we are not playing sheik here. the regrabs are not foolproof, so i agree that at some point you are best served taking a (calculated) risk and making a read, though i say this as someone who does not regrab often enough. presumably you've paid attention to their teching patterns while regrabbing and can use that info to land heavy punishes with greater frequency

lol'ed at your sig ferris

unknown522

Some guy

I know That I posted that in this thread at least 2 years ago.

But yeah, I think it's really good at the edge

Edit: I stole that edge trap from Raynex's Ganon and applied it to falcon back in like 2006

:phone:

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
What do Falcon players think of the Yoshi matchup? I know s2j played V3ctorman in friendlies once so I'd also like to know his thoughts on it. I play a lot of Falcons so I'm very experienced in the matchup, but aside from the feedback I got from a few friends I haven't heard anyone else's opinions on the matchup.

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
I played Fearless's Yoshi a lot and he's pretty much combo food, you just cant get TOO crazy because his DJ can **** you. The match is also a bit harder if the Yoshi knows how to parry well. Aside from those two things tho its pretty free IMO. He's like fox+bowser.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Yeah, Yoshi is really easy for Falcon. I played Angel (who is AMAZING at dj-parry and one of the best/most consistent powershielders I've ever seen) all the time, and after awhile you figure out that he has no grab game on you, stomp/knee goes through dj fairly early, gentleman edgeguards really well, and if you can bait out the dj he turns into combo food. He just has some combos on you from like utilt or uair, and again until you can beat it his dj will murder you, but that's pretty much all you have to watch out for.

I think Angel beat GG7 the last time they played (at a tourney called Tucson Hates Coty 3, I think), so if you can dig that game up you can find some quality tricks Yoshi has on Falcon.

EDIT: Vid is here.

EDITx2: LOLOL Shameless self-advertising, I remember running over to watch this set between my pools matches, apparently I got caught on the bottom-right camera.

EDITx3: Apparently, Angel actually lost ... my bad.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I played Fearless's Yoshi a lot and he's pretty much combo food, you just cant get TOO crazy because his DJ can **** you. The match is also a bit harder if the Yoshi knows how to parry well. Aside from those two things tho its pretty free IMO. He's like fox+bowser.
My friends and I thought it was slightly in Falcon's favor since both characters can combo each other well and Yoshi's B-air can basically lead into any combo on Falcon. Also Falcon can kill Yoshi at lower percents than other characters thanks to his knee. I wouldn't call it a free matchup, but I definitely do think it's in Falcon's favor.

Walt

Smash Ace
No love for uptilt? I love some fsmash and uptilt with G&W too, he is too fun.
-I wasn't listing every single move I use with G&W just ones I think are deceptively good. Utilt and Fsmash are great too.

-I don't know anything about yoshi except that vectorman beat me a bunch in hotel room friendies at G2.

-Rule 6 tomorrow woooo like 5 miles from my house. Had like, a 10 hour smashfest at my house last yesterday which included Kels: That dude whines a lot when he loses!

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Three strikes ferr, your out.
Nuh-uh, the first one was nowhere NEAR the strike zone, two strikes one ball.

My friends and I thought it was slightly in Falcon's favor since both characters can combo each other well and Yoshi's B-air can basically lead into any combo on Falcon.
This ... doesn't ... seem right to me -.-' Granted, I haven't played Angel since late April/early May and I was maining Link at the time, but ... I don't think Yoshi's bair is that good vs. Falcon?

MAYBE if he bairs you and still has his dj ... well, you're the Yoshi, so I guess it's "if you bair him and still have your dj" ... MAYBE that would work, I just feel like Falcon can DI out of that pretty easily, or jump out of it, or do SOMETHING to not get baired -> uaired like a chump. Falcon shouldn't really be getting hit by Yoshi's aerials except when Yoshi dj parries anyways.

EDIT: Also, I saw your post on Vman's Yoshi thread, and I have about, maybe an hour's worth of friendlies with Angel where I was experimenting with Puff (as a possible anti-Sheik second, not a main). My Puff was and is kinda ****, but I wasn't doing half bad vs. Angel so if you still want Puff vs. Yoshi vids, just let me know.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
I could've told you that Kage :p

Gooood **** to johnny for 2-0'ing Kels though. Always glad to see manly Falcon beating a really really gay Fox.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You could've but if you look at the Rule 6 prediction thread.. it's there without any edits. Though it sucks he had to face Mango for like 13th or 17th.. lol. This can happen to anyone.

D

Deleted member

me beating kels should not be a surprise

tbh i knew my placement can range from 2nd if i am playing insanely good/ have insane luck to about 7-9th place if i have terrible luck/ playing bad

I believe i had bad luck but I was playing good enough until about 4th round winners where not eating anything for 10 hours and no water in a hot crowded place got to me

This is normal tournament johns, but after losing in winners semis i faced mango right away and got ****ed up.. daymm

for 5th place tho i got 10 bux bro, for some odd reason in a death tournament (that went sorta wrong for socal) getting to the money was highly satisfying

Divinokage

Smash Legend
me beating kels should not be a surprise

tbh i knew my placement can range from 2nd if i am playing insanely good/ have insane luck to about 7-9th place if i have terrible luck/ playing bad

I believe i had bad luck but I was playing good enough until about 4th round winners where not eating anything for 10 hours and no water in a hot crowded place got to me

This is normal tournament johns, but after losing in winners semis i faced mango right away and got ****ed up.. daymm

for 5th place tho i got 10 bux bro, for some odd reason in a death tournament (that went sorta wrong for socal) getting to the money was highly satisfying
Such is the nature of characters like Falcon/Ganon, you read correctly then you'll destroy everybody.. if you don't, you get ****ed up.

Top Bottom