• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Windrose

Smash Lord
Hi, I'm new and this is my first post. That's fun!

Anyway, I don't think 100-0 matchups exist in this game. But Bowser definitely has a rough time...
LOL!!!!

i wonder who this guy is.........

======================================

hax. do you have a picture of when you were doing the throat cutting/finish him animation?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think Ill probably switch to Falcon in this year, through my practices its pretty much on par with my Ganon or even better at times. I guess that's the meaning behind character potential. And for me, I need to start with something different and fresh, kinda tired of trying to same thing 100 times lol.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
I think Ill probably switch to Falcon in this year, through my practices its pretty much on par with my Ganon or even better at times. I guess that's the meaning behind character potential. And for me, I need to start with something different and fresh, kinda tired of trying to same thing 100 times lol.
That's good to hear. It's always a shame seeing good players get set back by their characters. I'm not at your skill level yet but I as well get bored of my mains (marth/falcon) so I picked up fox and falco just to challenge myself and if I get a decent fox out of it, hey

:awesome:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's good to hear. It's always a shame seeing good players get set back by their characters. I'm not at your skill level yet but I as well get bored of my mains (marth/falcon) so I picked up fox and falco just to challenge myself and if I get a decent fox out of it, hey

Well there's always the fact that the people watching doesn't necessarily like that type of change in a player.. they'll definitely resist it and it may take some time before accepting an alt character from a player unless I perform very well with another character for the first time in tournament. It's just at this point I have no idea what I can change anymore and I dont really have a coach that can point out the flaws in my game, i'd definitely like to have one for sure since my style revolves around experience and memory so it's hard to see what new things I can do, I'm not very creative. lol.

As for just playing like that, I'm sure mostly everyone dabbles in multiple characters.. I dont think playing one character for 8 hours straight is very fun in a long run, gotta mix it up a little.

DuckPimp

Smash Ace

i like joshua too

i dont get bored of falcon. i get bored of losing hard and making mistakes and not feeling improvement.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Really? His techs and rolls are garbage, captain falcon outspaces him in every thing, and his recover is super punishable and horrible for horizontal recovery. I could definitely see him falcon being his best match up among the top tiers, but that's not saying much. Also down throw knee combos at stupid low percents, and even if you miss it you can always grab gentlemen or tech chase. Definitely feels like a 70-30 at the very least in falcons favor, which for all intensive purposes is unwinnable. IDK, only fought like 2 G&W mains.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Really? His techs and rolls are garbage, captain falcon outspaces him in every thing, and his recover is super punishable and horrible for horizontal recovery. I could definitely see him falcon being his best match up among the top tiers, but that's not saying much. Also down throw knee combos at stupid low percents, and even if you miss it you can always grab gentlemen or tech chase. Definitely feels like a 70-30 at the very least in falcons favor, which for all intensive purposes is unwinnable. IDK, only fought like 2 G&W mains.
that's true, his techs and rolls are garbs and off one good hit/grab, falcon goes ape **** on g&w.

that said, his recovery is kinda like marth's, sometimes even a little trickier considering how low g&w can go while still being able to hit the ledge. as far as spacing out falcon goes, g&w is not bad, he has dtilt, utilt, fair, or maybe even nair to box out falcon depending on which approach he decides to take.

plus, once g & w gets a hit, he does have a solid punishment game on falcon.

yeah, it's in falcon's favor, but i'm pretty sure it's not 100-0

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
I like you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOuNeX9kmWw&t=2m08s

that's true, his techs and rolls are garbs and off one good hit/grab, falcon goes ape **** on g&w.

that said, his recovery is kinda like marth's, sometimes even a little trickier considering how low g&w can go while still being able to hit the ledge. as far as spacing out falcon goes, g&w is not bad, he has dtilt, utilt, fair, or maybe even nair to box out falcon depending on which approach he decides to take.

plus, once g & w gets a hit, he does have a solid punishment game on falcon.

yeah, it's in falcon's favor, but i'm pretty sure it's not 100-0
i lost to a G&W once. wah wah wah me crying irl
its not 100-0

gravy

Smash Ace
Kage, I for one support your switch entirely. We need more Falcons, especially talented players. On a side note, I'm like a month away from being able to do anything I want with falcon relatively consistently, which means I'm probably six or seven months away from being able to do it all really well. I'm excited. Falcon must be so fun when you can control him as well as you want.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Kage, I for one support your switch entirely. We need more Falcons, especially talented players. On a side note, I'm like a month away from being able to do anything I want with falcon relatively consistently, which means I'm probably six or seven months away from being able to do it all really well. I'm excited. Falcon must be so fun when you can control him as well as you want.
controlling your character in tournament isn't that easy. controlling in general as well. even top falcons make so many mistakes.

on another note. i hope to see you at the next toronto tournament! i hear you guys are coming up from West NY!

oksas

oak-sauce
intelligence suggests that s2j has gone into hiding at secret underground north korean smash training grounds and will resurface for apex 2014

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Just gonna post here because apparently nobody checks that thread

vs Sheik

You Nair a lot when you could be grabbing or dashdancing to put pressure on them
Not saying that Nairing a lot is necessarily bad but getting grabs should be your goal in neutral game (unless you're playing against a Samus or something <_<)

Also your timing on the ledge stand is way too early to do anything against Sheik ... it's timed roughly with the poof

vs Falco - you burn your double jump a lot trying to get above him on FD, Falco has a super big jump
Dtilt almost never hits sweetspot illusions I wouldn't recommend using it
Don't throw out random moves while coming down unless you have a read on them attacking you directly, otherwise you're gonna be pooped on

In general - grab more

--------

While we're on the topic of videos
me vs cyrain
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/360965392?t=3h16m55s
me vs doh
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/360965392?t=4h7m29s
Some pretty close sets I think I played good overall but sloppy on the execution
And Cyrain played bad ;)

gravy

Smash Ace
Thanks Wen. And Jeapie, I'm glad to see you're still active. You weren't at Apex :/

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Yo Wenbo, what stage did you ban against DoH, or were there no bans? Normally I consider FD an autoban in the peach matchup.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It was a best of 5, no bans modified DSR

I hate FD so I would've banned it in a heartbeat
Pretty glad he chose FoD game 4 because I felt like I had the hang of it if I could get to a platform, but then he wised up and FD'd me last game :(

j00t

Smash Champion
It was a best of 5, no bans modified DSR

I hate FD so I would've banned it in a heartbeat
Pretty glad he chose FoD game 4 because I felt like I had the hang of it if I could get to a platform, but then he wised up and FD'd me last game :(
yeah, the only reason DoH beat you is because of FD. Lame counterpicks suck man

Top Bottom