• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C.I.P N.F.B II Tourney Results!!!

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Ok sorry im late but with work and the forums being a bit iffy I was unable to. BUT THERE HERE SO ENJOY!!

Teams

1] Santa, Cort ($76.80) [Snake, Snake]
2] OBM, Solid Jake ($38) [G&W, Snake]
3] OWM, Icy Light ($12.80) [R.O.B, Olimar]
4] POF, Nana
5] Willy, Okonkwo
5] Popeye, Olive
7] Tobes,Gil
7]Stars, Aids

Singles

1] OBM [G&W]
1.1] Cort (You shoulda seen it it was abuse, JV 4 stocks both rounds.) [Snake]
3] 2nd chance [Donkey Kong]
4] Icylight
5] Moon-Doggie
5] Kevin
7] OWM
7] Solid Jake
9] Santa
9] -Nana-
9] Popeye
9] Dr. Super
13] Julian
13] Samikay
13] POF
13] AIDS
17] J4K3
17] Levi
17] TheEffinBear
17] AwesomeSean
17] Jay
17] Vulcan
17] Stars
17] Gilman
25] Tremor
25] Tobes

If Im missing anything Just reply in your shout out and ill edit OVER ALL UBER FUN STUFF GUYS. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN THE NEXT ONE!!

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Whew finally. Giving shout outs, sorry if I forgot someone, I don't remember everyone I played.

Santa: Fun friendlies. Nice to see someone is actually able to fight well with the Wiimote + Nunchuck. I enjoyed the Snake ditto fights.

Cort: You're like on a whole other level above me. I knew I'd lose before we faught, but two stocked when I was really trying...ouch.

OWM: Fun fights. Your Rob is tough. Fun team fights too.

2nd: Crazy DK. I should have dropped using Snake against you, but I didn't. But it's nice to see a DK user place so high.

Nana: Very nice Marth. Would like to do Marth dittos some more if I see you at another tourny.

Solid Jake: Glad I got a chance to fight you again.

Dr Super: Fun fights, and fun team fights.

BPMF (Or whatever it was): Fun team fights. You're good with Ganon and hilarious to have as a partner.

AIDS: Nice Snake, close fights.

OBM: Didn't fight you, but watched your fights. You have one hell of a G&W, best I've ever seen.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Yo! OBM! Congrats on 1st man!

Disappointed I couldn't make it... I guess I'll see y'all at the next CIP. =^_~=

Yeah, all I see is %5 lol...

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Why were there so many chicks there? And why were they mostly attractive? I blame them for my poor performance. Hot chick johns lol

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
And they kept asking, too, wheres Cat Fight? We want to have an orgy with him! But they settled for Mike Gale in the end.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I ask for more details.

TOURNAMENT: Newbs For Brawl II
LINK: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177764
DATE: June 21, 2008
LOCALE: Canada
ENTRANTS: 26
ENTRY: $8.00
RESULTS:
1 omegablackmage (Mr. Game & Watch)
1 Cort (Snake)
3 2nd Chance (Donkey Kong)
4 Icylight
5 Moon-Doggie
5 Kevin
7 omegawhitemage (ROB)
7 Solid Jake (Snake)

phish-it

Smash Champion
Nice job OBM on beating Cort and taking first. I was supposed to attend this, but plans were suddenly changed.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I used Snake if you want to add that. Edit: I'm Kevin (my sig isn't posting for some reason)

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Dude after my fight with 2nd I kept sucking haha. GGs all.

As for the girls that's how we do at NFB. Bring hot girl friends so it ensnares you all to come back the next time ;0)

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Haha all the girls there that I knew were over 18 except one but she is just a kid and if you creep on her then shame on you.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
1] OBM [G&W] - gotta stay away from snake
1.1] Cort [Snake] - good matches, im sorry rr and fo are too gay for ya lol. should just gone neutral, but nooooo my names cort and i just love halberd too much... lol j/k good games c u soon im sure
3] 2nd chance [Donkey Kong] - didn't get to play you but you have a sick dk takin out my teammate like that.
4] Icylight - good matches, really close this time. sucks you died like that on rr.
5] Moon-Doggie - didn't get to play you
5] Kevin - ditto
7] OWM - gettin better every time. we'll practice your bad matchups soon.
7] Solid Jake - sucks you had such bad luck, hopefully when you play cort more you'll step it up.
9] Santa - good matches, listening to cort *****ing while playing you was too funny.
9] -Nana- - heard you almost took out whitemage? good ****!
9] Popeye - reppin the gw all the way
9] Dr. Super - loved the kirby, and we have a match saved on your wii for teams, where i 9 hammer icy light at the end... keep that **** it was too funny.
13] POF - dood, don't play the dying game, it'll just be a waste of your time. i could tell you were having an off day, just as jake was. just stick with it, we all play bad sometimes, just don't let it discourage you so much. Melee isn't worth it, trust me.

everyone else - sorry i probably didn't play you enough or talk to you enough for a shoutout, lemme know if i missed anyone.

theEffinBear

Smash Apprentice
Bizkit047: hey thanks! I used my older tag BPMF (you got it right) rather than RtEB, as "RtEB" quite clearly maps onto "theEffinBear". Yeah, agreed that the team friendlies were a lot of fun, and I think I'll need some more of them in the future.

DrSuper: Same to you, regarding the team matches, and the 1v1s we got in were quite enjoyable as well. Great to meet you in person too.

2ndChance: you just steamrolled right over me in the few matches I got against you. Congrats on third place! (And now I need to revamp my pitiful lack of a game against DKs...)

It was a pretty awesome time, so thank you to the tourney organizers (Nana, RunicWings, and Moon Doggie, or something?). I'm perversely glad that my weakness for using low-tiers* survived the beatings I received. Not that I'm about to repeat my sad mistake of choosing Luigi's Mansion vs omegawhitemage's ROB, you understand.

/RtEB
*Low-tiers, characters with obvious disadvantages, whatever -- I think most people agree that Ganondorf and Poke Trainer have some significant shortcomings. But they're still awesome.

DCUP

Smash Rookie
It was a good time and it moved a lot quicker, but we didnt have quite as many people.

I think NFB I had 32 entrants and NFB II had like 26, two of which never even showed.

It was time efficient, but it was cool to have such a big turnout the first time. But, hey. Things come up.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
1] OBM [G&W] - gotta stay away from snake
1.1] Cort [Snake] - good matches, im sorry rr and fo are too gay for ya lol. should just gone neutral, but nooooo my names cort and i just love halberd too much... lol j/k good games c u soon im sure
3] 2nd chance [Donkey Kong] - didn't get to play you but you have a sick dk takin out my teammate like that.
4] Icylight - good matches, really close this time. sucks you died like that on rr.
5] Moon-Doggie - didn't get to play you
5] Kevin - ditto
7] OWM - gettin better every time. we'll practice your bad matchups soon.
7] Solid Jake - sucks you had such bad luck, hopefully when you play cort more you'll step it up.
9] Santa - good matches, listening to cort *****ing while playing you was too funny.
9] -Nana- - heard you almost took out whitemage? good ****!
9] Popeye - reppin the gw all the way
9] Dr. Super - loved the kirby, and we have a match saved on your wii for teams, where i 9 hammer icy light at the end... keep that **** it was too funny.
13] POF - dood, don't play the dying game, it'll just be a waste of your time. i could tell you were having an off day, just as jake was. just stick with it, we all play bad sometimes, just don't let it discourage you so much. Melee isn't worth it, trust me.

everyone else - sorry i probably didn't play you enough or talk to you enough for a shoutout, lemme know if i missed anyone.
I need to play your G&W with my Falco. Yeah I was playing 2ndchance and it was a won hit win/lose of the set for both of us and he got it :0( then I lost to OWM. We need to play some next time. Are you going to the tourney in Coventry by any chance?

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bizkit047: hey thanks! I used my older tag BPMF (you got it right) rather than RtEB, as "RtEB" quite clearly maps onto "theEffinBear". Yeah, agreed that the team friendlies were a lot of fun, and I think I'll need some more of them in the future.

DrSuper: Same to you, regarding the team matches, and the 1v1s we got in were quite enjoyable as well. Great to meet you in person too.

2ndChance: you just steamrolled right over me in the few matches I got against you. Congrats on third place! (And now I need to revamp my pitiful lack of a game against DKs...)

It was a pretty awesome time, so thank you to the tourney organizers (Nana, RunicWings, and Moon Doggie, or something?). I'm perversely glad that my weakness for using low-tiers* survived the beatings I received. Not that I'm about to repeat my sad mistake of choosing Luigi's Mansion vs omegawhitemage's ROB, you understand.

/RtEB
*Low-tiers, characters with obvious disadvantages, whatever -- I think most people agree that Ganondorf and Poke Trainer have some significant shortcomings. But they're still awesome.
Poke trainer is not low tier...and yeah, don't choose mansion again...lol :)

theEffinBear

Smash Apprentice
Poke trainer is not low tier...and yeah, don't choose mansion again...lol :)
Yeah, yeah, probably true; I should've said "underused", not "low tier".

I'd never fought a ROB on Mansion before, and figured that the launch trajectory of that cold, mechanical, soulless downsmash was horizontal enough that I wouldn't immediately fall back into those nuclear arms. I was wrong... dead wrong.

This is what they call a learning experience.
...and prejudice against robots.
/RtEB

Top Bottom