• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-stick aerials or A aerials?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You kind of need the C-stick if you want to fastfall aerials very well and also be able to drift in the air with maximum control.

Syrup on da sid

Smash Rookie
You kind of need the C-stick if you want to fastfall aerials very well and also be able to drift in the air with maximum control.
thats what i figured, as a marth main i think it would be wise for me to be good at both, because if you short hop fair to chain people across maps you wont need to fast fall cuz you need to get that second fair off and it isnt really doable when going to the right because you need to bring your hand across the c-stick and then over to the right if you chain them to the right, but going to the left i can use the c-stick to do it. that is a very specific situation though.

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
c-sticking aerials is important so you can have your movement and attacks controlled independently. For example things like retreating fairs and up airs without worrying about accidentally eating your double jump.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
I say c stick so you can use the the analog stick to fast fall, and to be using the A button feels weird, but that's just me.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
I find for Fair's and bairs with any char that A is faster unless its something like marth's fair for example, but for uairs and dairs c-stick is better. You'll have to find your specific preference as it applies to your playstyle lol. Each character also has different timings which might affect your choices. C-stick is certainly undeniably better for everything as its hard to flub pushing a direction, but if you're certain of yourself just go with what feels comfortable and hell with others opinions.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
When playing as Peach I use both the C-stick and the Z button for aerials. Z button is for when I'm Floating. C-stick is for everything else.

Massive

Smash Champion
This isn't actually a binary choice.
You should be using both for different scenarios.

Z is optional, but still awesome.

Top Bottom