• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-Stick Aerials?

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
I noticed after sometime with my fellow Peachs here, that some of you use C-Stick aerials, and that made me feel like an alien because I use A to perform my aerials.

To be honest I love my spacing and believe I have a great air game/approach and believe my ground game is my weakness. But after reading about this simple thing I've wondered if I'm doing it wrong.

Just as like a census, I wanna know who does C-Stick aerials and how it affects you? I understand it helps with Spacing but what's the disadvantage/advantages of it.

I'm asking because, maybe if I develop the skill it'll improve my game even more :)

EDIT: Now that I think about it, how do you do a NAir to follow up a DAir combo with the C-Stick..?

Suway

Smash Rookie
I use A for aerials, mostly because..I just never thought of using c-stick..
Sometimes when my hand is on the c-stick, I use it just 'cause it's convenient.
I guess it's just a matter of preference, but then again, it could have it's uses for other stuff.:confused:

Villi

Smash Lord
I use A for the majority of my attack because it's just faster. A for hopping out of shield, RARed attacks, floated aerials, double bair/nairs, when I just want to attack quickly as possible.

I use the C-stick for smashes, up airs, SH dairs, FF dairs, and when it's more beneficial to time my attack later while spacing myself.

I just use tap jump off. Some people might claw... There's a thread somewhere on this board discussing this.

kujibiki57

Smash Cadet
Well, currently I don't have a GC controller, but when I do I'll probably use it for a better glide tossing, some aerials and pivot smashes.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I claw (only floats) since I was basically pointed in that direction when I started maining Peach like over a month ago.

In the claw I use A for nair (obv lol ) and use A for dair. I c-stick uair, fair, bair though. I also c-stick short hop fairs and dairs but I always use A for short hop bair, uair, nair.

Anyway if I were you I'd try more c-sticked aerials if you find yourself being clumsy w/ ur controller and mess up your spacing a lot but I really doubt that's the case.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I throw a lot of turnips at the enemy while moving back with C-Stick, which usually keeps me safe.

You could also do fast fall Uair with C-Stick. Not that I use it, just a thought.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
i also claw, and use my c-stick for pretty much all my directional aerials.

But i have been playing with a B-stick setup and f-air spacing is a new thing to learn when you are use to c-stick'n it. But with a little more practice I'm sure I'll be fine. Overall there are some things in the air you obviously can't do as smoothly without C-stick, but alot of it just comes down to playstyle.

Even still, the fact i like using c-stick for aerials is the biggest factor why i don't trust my b-stick peach i tight matches.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
I use both, depending on which moves I'm doing and how I want to execute them. Generally, for dair->nair, I use the C-Stick for the dair, and then while it's going off (since it lasts for quite a while) I move my thumb up to A for the nair.

I like the C-Stick for quickly performing directional aerials while I'm using the analog stick for starting an autofloat or moving in a different direction. But of course just A is necessary for nair, and I tend to keep my thumb close to A/B/Y, so A can be quicker for the directional aerials if I'm moving in the direction of the aerial.

Also, C-Stick for aerials can be a little slow if you're jumping with X or Y, and of course you need to use a jump button to autofloat, so I've got L set to jump so that when I autofloat my right thumb is free to C-Stick immediately in whatever direction I need.

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
I b-stick.
lol.
Honestly, if you're use to using A for your aerials you should b stick.
It's so useful because picking up turnips is a lot easier with freepull and dashpull.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I think it's just a matter of what you're comfortable with. I use A aerials because alot of the time, I float cancel a Fair and neutral AA the moment she hits the for for a quick fake strike. Most of my tricks are used in conjunction with cancels, and I find C-stick a little awkward to get it out in the right time.

At least that's my point of view.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
EDIT: Now that I think about it, how do you do a NAir to follow up a DAir combo with the C-Stick..?
Make Down/Side/Up Taunt attack. when you want to do Nair bring your right thumb over and slam your it in the general area. Sorry if it doesn't work, I don't get to fool around with my Wii much.

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
I use the C stick for retreating while using bairs, fairs, or turnip throws. The other aerials I use the A button for. I guess the advantage is better spacing, and the disadvantage is not being able to Free turnip pull.

If you're already using A for your aerials, you might as well try the B stick setup and see how that works for you.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I C-stick Fair and Bair when playing defensively.

There's no reason to do it for Dair and Uair, and when I'm doing dair combos I can nair through the button.

Top Bottom