• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

c stick airials

Zialox

Smash Rookie
i heard its better to use your c stick for all airials so you can di them better (except for neutral of course)
is this true?

lismore

Smash Cadet
In short, yes. I'll leave someone whom I am inferior to tech-wise - i.e. maaaaaaany people ;) - to explain in more detail if they so wish.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
^I wish to explain in detail.

Mostly, it frees up the control stick in order to choose DI direction. For example, a Kirby player presses forward on the c-stick to use a f-air, while pressing back on the control stick to move backwards to achieve a retreat or create space.

1337ZSS

Smash Apprentice
I only use the C-Stick for ground smashes, only because I am far too accustomed to the A Aerials.

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
Using c-stick aerials is very helpful as it allows you to do many things such as:
doing a dair without risk of fast-falling;
possibly makes shffling easier;
using a bair from a dash jump without losing any forward momentum

there's also more character specific advantages using c-stick aerials like that falco egdeguarding trick where you drop off the edge and immediately jump back toward the edge and press down on the c-stick at the same time and also ground c-stick smashes are weaker than their control stick equvialent where as c-stick aerials aren't

Corigames

Smash Hero
IF you use your C-stick for aerials, you do not DI in the direction you are attacking in. That is the biggest advantage. You get full movement in the place you want to go without having to worry about the move messing that up. Plus you don't fast fall if you don't want to.

Plus, ground smashes come out slightly faster, generally, because they don't get the slight bit of charge that comes with doing smash A attacks.

.tsuna

Smash Rookie
I use the C-Stick Arials and they are very helpfull.
Without C-stick I make often Fastfall, thats not so good.
The ground smashes I made with the c-stick, too.
So C-stick helps me alot.
thank you c-stick ^.^

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
they're the same :ohwell:
If you use the C-Stick to do your smash attacks on the ground, they are equivalent to the shortest amount of time possibly held with Control-Stick + A. If you hold the Control-Stick in a given direction until the move is fully charged, it will do nearly double the damage a C-Sticked smash attack will do.

Also, you can charge your C-Sticked smash attacks by pressing and holding the Z-Button simultaneously.

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
they're the same :ohwell:
I am not sure if that is completely true as I feel that c-stick smashes are just marginally weaker than control-stick smashes as well as having less knockback including fully charged c-stick smashes, however this may be a physcological thing rather than being actual fact or this may be explain by WGWOLVERINE ^

Top Bottom