• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-Stick

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
As a palyer of Smash Brothers for the past four years, I've never gotten into the habit of using the C-Stick. However, all of my friends love to use it. Which technique has the better advantage and is more "SWF User" style, the C-Stick or using the A button?

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, no one here considers it 'noobish' to use the C-stick. I'd say that a majority of "SWF users", if not most of them, use it. Of course, no one's going to argue over it if you choose one over the other.

Spot

Smash Cadet
I think generally, the best players and SWF users use the C-stick. If anyone tells you that using the C-stick is wrong or lame for any reason, don't listen to them. Keep in mind that you cannot do things like a retreating f-air or an advancing b-air without the C-stick.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I see... I myself use the A Button and I'm never convinced to use the C-Stick for quick smashes. So, by using the A Button, would my combos and fighting ways be easier to manipulate than using the C-Stick?

Jx31

Smash Ace
As a palyer of Smash Brothers for the past four years, I've never gotten into the habit of using the C-Stick. However, all of my friends love to use it. Which technique has the better advantage and is more "SWF User" style, the C-Stick or using the A button?

Well there isn't really a c-stick style or an A button only style. Just use both, they both have their various uses.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I remember people (at least on GameFAQs) saying how the C-Stick was cheating and stuff based on some belief that smash attacks shouldn't be so easy to do. Since the developers felt differently, it was clearly some made up rule that "C-Stick = cheating" some tried to push. Gonna love the n00bs and scrubs. I was hoping someone would say why C-Sticking was bad in this topic so I could pwn said argument. :(

Anyway, I tend to spam the C-Stick quite a bit for Smash attacks, Marth being the biggest offender. I also use it for uairs or dairs, mainly out of habit and to not fast fall by mistake. I use A for pretty much everything else, including charging Smash attacks. In fact, I think it would be harder to C-Stick then use A to charge it up then just using the control stick and A to begin with.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The C-Stick is perfectly fine to use. If your friends/opponents call you "cheap" simply tell them "no johns". If that fails, just tell them to use it then. If it's part of the controller, it was meant to be used!

Peach's c-stick down FTW.

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
I see... I myself use the A Button and I'm never convinced to use the C-Stick for quick smashes. So, by using the A Button, would my combos and fighting ways be easier to manipulate than using the C-Stick?
That's mostly for you to decide, but alot of people would suggest that you give the C-stick a try if you're having trouble with particular things such as pivoting, retreating fairs, SHDF, ect. Just remember that the C-stick can make certain things alot easier for some people, just incase you ever come across a situation where you're stuck on some type of technical skill.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Use whatever suits you best.

Experiment with both, and decide based on which you like using better.

Repryx

Smash Champion
For Me the a button is for most of my moves but it IS quicker to c smash.

SpeedyHawk

Smash Cadet
Learned with A. Learned about C. Stuck with A. Seriously, some of my friends think I use the C-stick b/c my smashes come out so fast, but I've never touched the C-stick, never ever, in a competitive fight. For testing and trials, maybe, but never for actual battles.

Top Bottom