• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-Stick?

Fox128

Smash Journeyman
"More inputs" isn't the issue here really. Actually I think it's sometimes more of a pain moving quickly from Y/X to C instead of Y-->controlstick+A, because of the controller's layout.

Still, the answer is the same: I use C-stick mainly
The main reason is that you can move into another direction/buffer DI into another direction while doing so without losing momentum, so it's a lot easier/better for spacing.
Thing's like dair w/o FF or uair w/o rejump are easy to mess up aswell if you don't use C-stick
And ofc when you jump with the stick it's a lot faster to use to C-stick to immediately air
(eg in offstage edgeguard situations ~rising bairs, or to be more Falco specific: Shinebairs,...)

I'll still use A for things like dash sh fairs where you hold into that direction anyway. It really doesn't matter tho. Guess it's just a habit because I started out ignoring the C-stick mostly at the beginning when the game came out (was too used to Smash64).

SAUS

Smash Ace
C-stick mostly, but I personally use A for almost anything out of a double-jump. It's just so much quicker to press the button (I use Y so I just roll my thumb a little to press A right after Y).

But really do what feels comfortable, and just know that there is the option to use the C-stick or A+joy stick. You may find either option better for different scenarios.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I use A almost exclusively, and I never have trouble holding momentum/DI/messing up on fast falling/trying not to fast fall. I'm just used to it this way, and it hasn't been an issue for me. If you don't wanna use C-Stick, make sure to make your A and Controller inputs correctly fast, and then move it back/hold the direction you're trying to shift your character. Hard to explain with words, but I think you get the idea. >.>

Occasionally, I used to pull out the c-stick moves, whenever situations come up that feels really tricky, but that's not often. I haven't done it in a long time.

C-Stick would be better in general to learn, I guess. I'm just not used to it/feel it's too slow compared to simply hitting A. That's just me though.

Top Bottom