• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Ya, one day my router just started being slow period. Went from 4 bar to 1 bar every single game. I unplugged everything in my modem and router and plugged it back in and it seemed to work so far.

My PSN connection says it's good everything is fine, but I could open ports for the PSN as well hopefully that'd do some justice.
Wtf. That same thing happened to me. I haven't played any game using online multiplayer since.

It's so frustrating. :(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Ya, one day my router just started being slow period. Went from 4 bar to 1 bar every single game. I unplugged everything in my modem and router and plugged it back in and it seemed to work so far.

My PSN connection says it's good everything is fine, but I could open ports for the PSN as well hopefully that'd do some justice.
Wtf. That same thing happened to me. I haven't played any game using online multiplayer since.

It's so frustrating. :(
Maybe it's a sign that you need a new router? It's possible since they tend to break down/stop working so well after a while. Which router do you guys use? Maybe I can help.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Rapid Fire MPL is ****. It has like no recoil.

Got my highest amount of kills on Nuketown today. I got about 120/30, not too sure I'll file share it tonight. My killstreaks were Counter, Care and Blackbird.

:phone:
I loveeee the rapid fire mpl, but I have to put grip on it =(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Wow Delta-cod sucks. I feel your pain.

And the router I'm using is a D-Link WBR-1310.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/WBR-1310/Call_of_Duty_-_Black_Ops.htm

Also, I'm not sure if David V is trolling us but...

http://twitter.com/#!/DavidVonderhaar

Ok, here is the deal. Make videos of you breaking dancing to this song in real life. Extra credit if a party of six. http://t.co/ywmylYy +

And I'll make 1 or more playlists of the most popular game modes with no Second Chance (or Ghost) in exactly a month from now. Ready. Go.

I will call it Fast and Fun. Don't tell the @Treyarch mgmt about our plan or we are all fubar. I'll even unblock Thunder.

You guys think I am trolling? The game has been out a long time now. We don't need to take ourselves so seriously anymore. Let's have fun.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The thing is, they were aware that a large part of the community for Black Ops disliked second chance and ghost a while ago, why try to fix it now?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
LOL autocorrect.
Yes, I would like for them to get rid of Warlord Pro too. I mean, it isn't very overpowered, but I ****ING HATE SEEING A KID WITH GHOST/WARLORD/SILENCER/REDDOT.
AND THEN HE THROWS 3 STUNS AND 2 SEMTEXES AT ME.
I never noticed how rage inducing CoD can be in general until I got better.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Just use Tac Mask Pro and Flak Jacket, then Warlord pro won't cause you any trouble. And using a warlord gun with a silencer plus red dot sight isn't even a big deal. When you use a red dot, you give up the chance to use something more useful, such as an extended mag.

Matt07

Smash Master
Just did port forward, and my connection goes up and down all match, 1-4 Bar, or vice-versa but 1 bar doesn't feel laggy lol.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Just use Tac Mask Pro and Flak Jacket, then Warlord pro won't cause you any trouble.
LOL. Why in the world would I waste two perk slots to ensure that every once in a while, I don't have to deal with one perk. The perk isn't common enough to make me run two perks just to counter it.
And using a warlord gun with a silencer plus red dot sight isn't even a big deal.
I didn't say it was a big deal. I even said it ISN'T overpowered. I just said it makes me angry when I see it because of how cliche it is.
When you use a red dot, you give up the chance to use something more useful, such as an extended mag.
Undeniably, Extended mags is useful, but most players need a visual aid. There is nothing wrong with using a RDS considering how much better it is for aiming on most guns. I use RDS on the Famas and it makes a noticeable difference in how well I aim. I used to think the same thing, but as you grow as a player, you will understand that having a Red Dot can win you SO MANY GUN FIGHTS
Responses in bold. Read over my post again. I didn't say that it was overpowered or a nuisance in general game play.
I was just saying that when I do run into people who abuse the perk, it just annoys me.

EDIT: Also, Matt, I might be wrong, but I think that the bars are your connection to the host, not your connection speed. Connection speed seems much more important.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
@ Wretched - Oooh, alright makes sense.

F8AL - Nope, lol. Router is kaput.

Ah, sorry to hear that. If you have a good connection, you'll get host most of the time. At least this gives you the opportunity to purchase a brand new router! :)

Like, I have a 30 mbps connection (pretty damn good) and I get host 95% of the time.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The best fake perk was the ****** Pro that lets you steal other people's CoD points.

S

smash brawl player 99021

You remain silent while constantly sprinting, have incredible knife range, and are invisible on some maps such as Hanoi. Also not recommended on Summit.

along with the stealing CoD Points.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Ok, here is the deal. Make videos of you breaking dancing to this song in real life. Extra credit if a party of six. http://t.co/ywmylYy +

And I'll make 1 or more playlists of the most popular game modes with no Second Chance (or Ghost) in exactly a month from now. Ready. Go.

I will call it Fast and Fun. Don't tell the @Treyarch mgmt about our plan or we are all fubar. I'll even unblock Thunder.

You guys think I am trolling? The game has been out a long time now. We don't need to take ourselves so seriously anymore. Let's have fun.
What nonsense is he talking about with that underlined part? .-.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
What nonsense is he talking about with that underlined part? .-.
I thought F8AL snuck it in to secretly say that he has you blocked, but then I went and read the original and it said the same thing.
Why in the world would he block Thuuundah? THUNDAH IS TEH BEST.

Top Bottom