• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Are we not allowed to compare a game to its predecessor?
You may. I just ask that you keep it to a minimum. Stuff like this:

MW2 would be 1000000000000000 x better if killstreaks didn't stack. And if they tweaked care packages to not have anything over 7. And if they made OMA not replenish Grenade Launchers.
Is better suited for the MW2 thread. If you would like to discuss what Infinity Ward could have done to improve the game, please us the MW2 thread.

Darkslash

Smash Master
So, I was initially not going to buy Black Ops, but looking at recent news, Treyarch has my interest. I was initially disapointed at how Black Ops didn't look like a improvement, but I soon dropped my opinion at the recent videos.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Well, no one can say for sure whether or not it's a good game, but for some reason people always have the mentality that the new games will be bad. Can't say it's good or bad till you've played it, so why not give it a shot?

This game looks promising to me. I'm sure everyone knows about all the problems MW2 has, and I think that Treyarch knows based off of MW2 what they don't want to have in their game.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I hate boosters because we get **** like 3 people boosting, me not finding them, and then one of them getting a nuke early in the game.

It was literally like 4 minutes when the place got nuked and I couldn't find them.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I hate boosters because we get **** like 3 people boosting, me not finding them, and then one of them getting a nuke early in the game.

It was literally like 4 minutes when the place got nuked and I couldn't find them.
You probably didn't look in the right places.
AND THIS IS THE BLACK OPS THREAD.
Not MW2.
Stop talking about it.

Hype for Zombies though, I guess I'll HAVE to buy Hardened Edition now.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Why can't we relate to the problems of the previous game to the ones this one will resolve from confirmed information of the creators of the game?

S

smash brawl player 99021

Why can't we relate to the problems of the previous game to the ones this one will resolve from confirmed information of the creators of the game?
That whole post was referenced to Mw2.

And stop making dumb excuses.

Go spam in the MW2 thread a little more.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Fletch made a statement and I told him why it would be better to not have boosters

So I wasn't spamming any **** in this thread

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

How about we just wait till they announce something in the future which will combat players boosting in Black Op's multi-player? All we can say right now is what we think they should do and it's all speculation.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I hope Black Ops doesn't have too OP kill streaks. To be honest I wouldn't mind if they changed it to 3/5/7 kill streak from CoD 4... but they won't...

The cross bow looks so effin tight. I wonder if you could shoot it into a wall and have it explode. >.>

Zombies would be okay... but if you want to play zombies go get on WaW.
3/5/7 were WaW's kill streaks too weren't they?

If we wanna' play zombies, why wouldn't they include it on the new game? Some people bought WaW specifically for the zombie modes. If Black Ops has them, more would buy Black Ops. Therefore Treyarch'd make more money.... plus zombies is uber fun, and Treyarch most likely won't return to the old game, so if we're getting new zombies it'll probably be for Black Ops.

That being said, Nazi Zombies started as a side project between some of the developers, which shows THEY enjoy making NZ just as much as we enjoy playing them. Money isn't their only incentive, they wanna' make the modes anyway, let them! :)

Well, no one can say for sure whether or not it's a good game, but for some reason people always have the mentality that the new games will be bad. Can't say it's good or bad till you've played it, so why not give it a shot?

This game looks promising to me. I'm sure everyone knows about all the problems MW2 has, and I think that Treyarch knows based off of MW2 what they don't want to have in their game.
I haven't even played MW2 because I heard the multiplayer was broken and the campaign was too short.

Anyway, I think WaW was better than Modern Warfare so I'm 100% behind Treyarch with Black Ops! (CoD3 did suck though lol.)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Killstreaks should really be toned down. In CoD4 and WaW it was easy because everyone had UAVs and Recon Planes. Not only did everyone have the same streaks, but there was no eay to prevent them. If we could balance them in Black Ops, this is how I would suggest it be done.

UAVs that can be shot down with the proper weapon.
Airstrikes that give fair warning, but accurate bomb drops. ie. people won't be walking through the explosions, it won't kill you after you call it in on the other side of the map
A new form of air support that isn't piloted by Helen Keller (MW2 attack helicopter)

You get an assist if a teammate gets a kill with a UAV up and nothing stacks any more.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Killstreaks should really be toned down. In CoD4 and WaW it was easy because everyone had UAVs and Recon Planes. Not only did everyone have the same streaks, but there was no eay to prevent them. If we could balance them in Black Ops, this is how I would suggest it be done.

Airstrikes that give fair warning, but accurate bomb drops. ie. people won't be walking through the explosions, it won't kill you after you call it in on the other side of the map
A new form of air support that isn't piloted by Helen Keller (MW2 attack helicopter)

You get an assist if a teammate gets a kill with a UAV up and nothing stacks any more.
Personally, I think the killstreaks would be balanced if:

1) Didn't stack.
2) All controllable killstreaks were removed.
3) Nuke/EMP type killstreaks didn't exist.
4) UAVs and all air support have more accessible ways to be shot down. (Not unlocking the Stinger until near level 30, etc.)
5) Air Strikes not sucking.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion

WaW WAS 3/5/7. Unless I'm playing a different WaW.

Airstrikes are fine in WaW.They pwn you. they're SUPPOSED to pwn you. that's why they're awarded after a killstreak. If you don't like it, get the Reconaissance *spelling?* perk.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

Airstrikes are fine in WaW.They pwn you. they're SUPPOSED to pwn you. that's why they're awarded after a killstreak. If you don't like it, get the Reconaissance *spelling?* perk.
He's saying that you couldn't do anything to prevent the killstreaks (can't shoot down recon planes, etc.)

Also, the Artillery Strikes are so BAD in WaW. I've run through a field of them several times. The only thing they do is shake my vision.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
He's saying that you couldn't do anything to prevent the killstreaks (can't shoot down recon planes, etc.)

Also, the Artillery Strikes are so BAD in WaW. I've run through a field of them several times. The only thing they do is shake my vision.
Kill whoever is killing you. That's how you prevent them!

No, I see what you guys mean, but I'm not sure you should be able to prevent them. I mean if someone gets a recon plane but it always gets shot down within the first five seconds of it showing up... well. l:/ Not much fun, IMO.

Darkslash

Smash Master
That and Gary Oldman were the great things about WaW.

For me, Keith David was the best thing about MW2. ^_^ I <3 Keith David so much... /obvious mancrush. (I met him. Almost a funny story about that).

I'd be curious to see who they get to VA for Black Ops.
Seeing how Reznov is coming back for Black Ops, it's possible that Gary Oldman is going to voice him again.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

I never said WaW wasn't 3/5/7. Artillery is so bad in that game, the blasts are completely random and they don't help much. You missed my point entirely. I'm saying that there's no balance. 3 kills are very easy, multiple people can get Recon Planes and UAVs several times a match. It lets you know where everyone is and made the game so easy. UAV Jammer shouldn't be the only way to avoid it because that makes you sacrifice what could normally be a more important perk. Biggest problem is that you have to waste a class just to put it on so you can be immune to such an easy streak.

Kill whoever is killing you. That's how you prevent them!

No, I see what you guys mean, but I'm not sure you should be able to prevent them. I mean if someone gets a recon plane but it always gets shot down within the first five seconds of it showing up... well. l:/ Not much fun, IMO.
Kind of difficult to do when they know your location. It only promotes camping, you could easily sit in a corner with your sights up on a door because you can see enemies on the mini map. UAVs rarely get shot down because people don't make anti air classes. It's like you're saying air support shouldn't be able to be shot down because it isn't fun to the person using it.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I never said WaW wasn't 3/5/7. Artillery is so bad in that game, the blasts are completely random and they don't help much. You missed my point entirely. I'm saying that there's no balance. 3 kills are very easy, multiple people can get Recon Planes and UAVs several times a match. It lets you know where everyone is and made the game so easy. UAV Jammer shouldn't be the only way to avoid it because that makes you sacrifice what could normally be a more important perk. Biggest problem is that you have to waste a class just to put it on so you can be immune to such an easy streak.

Kind of difficult to do when they know your location. It only promotes camping, you could easily sit in a corner with your sights up on a door because you can see enemies on the mini map. UAVs rarely get shot down because people don't make anti air classes. It's like you're saying air support shouldn't be able to be shot down because it isn't fun to the person using it.
I suppose you have a point. I do not play multiplayer nearly as often as I used to, so I suppose I've sort of lost perspective. I guess if you need a bazooka or something to take the planes down that wouldn't be bad at all. Is that what you had in mind for takin the planes out? Or were you thinking normal ammunition?

I always get my *** kicked by the artillery, I suck horribly at avoiding it, so I think it is fine the way it is. But I've never taken the time to learn to dodge it, so I suppose many are not satisfied with it's effects. :p

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, they have launcher secondaries that aren't too much of a hassle to use over standard secondaries. That makes the UAVs totally fair since you have a choice.

They give you plenty of time to move, haha.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'm already half in love with this game. Pistols and launchers being the only secondaries....it's like salvation from the current situation.

No matter how good/bad it is, it's a better alternative than MW2. I'm really pumped for that multiplayer reveal which comes out the 1st. Too bad that's my 2nd day of class.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
In a recent interview with Josh Olin, he stated that the September 1st reveal will be a much larger multiplayer reveal. He stated that zombies will return if you buy the hardened/prestige edition, however, the new co op mode has not yet been revealed.

I don't think it's going to be a beta, but I can't say for sure. I doubt it because it can be a lengthy process, but who knows what'll happen. He also stated that you can now dive into prone. It has its setbacks though, so don't expect people to be rocketing around the map.

Darkslash

Smash Master
He also stated that you can now dive into prone. It has its setbacks though, so don't expect people to be rocketing around the map.
Oh boy, the old days of Dolphin Diving. Many a time has a Battlefield 2 vet screamed in fury because of someone diving to prone.

Also, hope there's a beta/demo/whatever. Seeing how Treyarch is treating the game, I would be surprised if there wasn't a beta/demo.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Well, the September 1st reveal is supposed to be huge according to Olin. He keeps saying it's a "full" reveal, so whatever you wanna know I'm sure you'll find out on the 1st.

I just want to know every last detail about the multiplayer. :laugh:

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well, the September 1st reveal is supposed to be huge according to Olin. He keeps saying it's a "full" reveal, so whatever you wanna know I'm sure you'll find out on the 1st.

I just want to know every last detail about the multiplayer. :laugh:
If any thing, it's going to be a Commie Zombie mode. Well, we are aware that Zombie mode is coming back, at least in a Nazi form.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Still donno if I should get the hardened edition for zombies. Once they reveal things on the 1st I guess I'll know.

I'm really excited to find out what the new co op mode is going to be. :bee:

Darkslash

Smash Master
At least it'll be worth it cause it's zombies instead of 3 new MP maps and 2 remakes. *coughMW2cough*
I'm kinda on the fence about that point.

Zombie mode is a welcome addition for sure. But for it to be not on the disk kinda irks me. Paying for 15 dollar DLC, and the 4 are from the original game as well. Seems very un Treyarch to me.

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman

Zombie mode is a welcome addition for sure. But for it to be not on the disk kinda irks me. Paying for 15 dollar DLC, and the 4 are from the original game as well. Seems very un Treyarch to me.
Maybe they mean 15$ for old zombie maps. Anyways buying DLC dosn't urk me. I'm fine with it if it gives me content I will use often and enjoy.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

It probably already is on the disc. Unlock code ahoy! :bee:

Maybe they mean 15$ for old zombie maps. Anyways buying DLC dosn't urk me. I'm fine with it if it gives me content I will use often and enjoy.
What if you already own that content?

Top Bottom