• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
General SMG class set up:

SMG @ Silencer
Stingers (me, personally)/Handgun.
Semtex/Stuns
Marathon
Lightweight/Cold Blooded/Stopping Power
Commando/Ninja

Lightweight with Commando and until you get Cold Blooded, or Stopping Power with the lower damage guns.
So really the same thing as that Vector class you recommended

(which is getting me a ton of more kills. By getting rid of the holographic sight, I have no more recoil :D)

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Lmao, I joined a Search game forgetting to switch my 5,7,9 killstreaks to 3,4,5, but it turns out I didn't need to.

I went 9-1-1 and got my pred, harrier and pavelow. Hah, on Strike, too.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Omg, fun times, Leafy. Hacked private lobby ON PS3 and your Terminal nuke lol.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Yessir, it was indeed a most riveting time.

Got another two nukes before I prestige'd again. Finally got the Nuke emblem, took long enough.

60-2 with a Nuke and a 39 killstreak on Wasteland, son. <3 AC130

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Nah, roach, you'll get there. Leafy sounds scary as hell when you listen to him rattle off how many nukes he got today.
I need to try for a nuke sometime. I keep laying it off because I think I'm not ready. -_-
Say, genuine question here, which provides a bigger overall boost in speed, Marathon or Lightweight?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
As amazing as Carnival sounds from you guys, I bet it'll become incredibly gay in a short amount of time.
You're quite right about this. I've been playing and everyone's going nuts over carnival, but if you just look at how many corners and camping spots there are I guarantee you're not going to like it in about a week. It's a good map when played how it should be played, but I've already been killed at least 20+ times on that map by guys sitting on the roller coaster prone. Easy rage quit right there.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm not that good. Don't get confused. Based on what I've seen in this thread, most of the people here are better than I am. From PS3, Cyan, Fletch, ANTi, and SilverDoc are all significantly better than I am, or ever will be.

I'm good at getting nukes, but it gets boring if I'm not with a party. A 60-2 game is kind of impressive, but the team sucked balls. And that was only ONE game out of the many I had played earlier, and that doesn't happen too often.

If I focus, I can pull my own weight every game, but I'm nothing special. My K/D only sits at 1.40, and my W/L is a measly 0.50, so don't take me too seriously.

And please, PLEASE don't get confused by how much I know about the game. Fletch still assrapes me in that department.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Update on the new maps. Carnival has pretty much turned into corner camping heaven, and fuel is the dumbest map I've ever played. I honestly have tried like 5 different strategies and cannot get kills. It's way too large to play on and there's too many sets of stairs and places to camp. If I don't get killed by an ACR or a thermal sniper it's a guy around a corner with a shotgun. Although, that's pretty much true for any map if you think about it, but fuel is about five times worse. Someone give me some help with that map, I just don't get it.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Get a Tac in the very back and flank.

No, seriously. I have never seen someone aside from me use Tactical Insertions for good and not evil.

Your standard silenced SMG with Marathon, SP/CB, Ninja/SitRep, and launcher makes Fuel easy to deal with. As for Carnival, you've yet to find the chokepoints. I'd suggest setting up your perimeter around the funhouse and keeping an eye around the coaster/castle area. I've seen little activity outside of rocket campers or people trying to get on the saucer. If you have trouble with corner campers, check your corners. I'm serious, you have access to Heartbeat Sensors, stun grenades and equipment. I'd also suggest you go with UAV -> Counter UAV -> third streak because so many people can't bear to leave their Predator -> Harrier -> Air Support classes.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I don't know. I thought Carnival would be great, but I'm starting to like Trailer Park more, and I hate Fuel. It's way too **** big and everywhere I go, I die.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
It's just annoying that I have to put SP on my UMP for close range campers, I love using lightweight on it but it doesn't help with that. I'll try fuel out again.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I thought I loved the akimbo Glocks, but I'm really starting to love the akimbo rafficas. I just pull each trigger at the same time and boom, they dead/
That's why you use them instead of the spray machines. They're perfect secondaries and usually as you said, only take one pull of each trigger to kill people. Plus, compared to the G18's recoil, there's slim to none. You have to hold down the stick with the G18s and with the rafficas there's nothing required but you hitting the triggers. Sexy guns.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I feel as if I've said this a few dozen times, but silenced UMP with Marathon, Lightweight, and Ninja is THE best rush class in the game. Secondary and equipment doesn't matter because the UMP is just so good by itself.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I feel as if I've said this a few dozen times, but silenced UMP with Marathon, Lightweight, and Ninja is THE best rush class in the game. Secondary and equipment doesn't matter because the UMP is just so good by itself.
Thanks mad, I will never ask again. And how much do u play, man? It's like ur on all the time lol.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Probably 2 to 3 hours a day. I'm on more for the party chat with friends and we play this just for the hell of it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Thursday I have graduation practice but I might join you guys after if I'm not doing anything. Monday is my last official day. On a side note, 72-4 in trailer park. Marathon SP and ninja UMP, SP only because I wanted 2 shot kills at close range. Got two chopper gunners and just spawn ***** them, wish I recorded that match. :(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The 2nd Xbox 360 MW2 Game Day! Thursday June 10th @ 3 PM EST

Attending/Confirmed (6):

F8AL :: II F8AL II
CA5H :: MagicMooMan
roacherman :: roacherman
:mad: :: Ultimate Hyena
Icydeath :: xIcee
RuNNing Riot :: DE Thel Vadamee

Maybe (2):

BanjoKazooiePro :: Devastation170
Master Xanthan :: Master Xanthan

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Is UMP really that good?

I must try it next time I'm on

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Is UMP really that good?

I must try it next time I'm on
The UMP is probably the best gun in the game. If you want my two cents it's between that and the Famas, but the UMP is probably better because it's so versatile. You can use absolutely any second tier perk you want and do well with it, and depending on what second tier perk you have on and the map you're playing on you can consistently do well. I myself have three UMP classes, one with SP, one LW, and one CB. It's always a 3 shot kill, SP makes it 2 shots close range but isn't as useful as LW pro, and it has almost no recoil. It's hard to get used to at first, or it was to me. It's got little recoil but it's still not like an assault rifle, so get as close as you can with it before you decide to shoot. But once you start using it and getting used to it, you'll like it. Btw silencer has no effect on damage, forgot to say that. Never play with it without a silencer.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
roach knows what's up. :)

I do kind of disagree with BKPro about the silencer, though. You're entirely entitled to doing that if you want, but I don't like the iron sights very much (painfully obstructive in the lower half of the screen) so I like to use an optic instead.

I think the UMP's got like the second highest per bullet damage in the game, excluding sniper rifles, actually. The FAL's in first.

Top Bottom