• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
1. RPD (Slower fire rate than L86, but manageable recoil that turns to almost none with the grip)
2. AUG (Similar to RPD, with less recoil, but less bullets)
3. L86 (Fastest TTK of all guns overall, massive recoil)
4. M240 (20-30 LMG, lol)
5. MG4 (Screwed up crosshair, silencer still shows up on minimap, outclassed by the M240)

Ninja'd by Fletch, lol

S

smash brawl player 99021

RPD@Grip

Claymore

OMA
Stopping Power
SitRep

(Going for Pro, about 1/4 of the way there.)

After getting Blue Tiger for my Mini-Uzi, I now hate the UMP.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
M240 (20-30 LMG, lol)
And this doesn't even make sense. The M240 uses the same ammunition as the SCAR, it should be closer to the L86 in terms of stats.

silencer still shows up on minimap
They corrected that with the title update of the Stimulus Package, actually. But I don't know why you brought this up considering you never use silencers on LMGs.

Fletch

Smash Master
1. RPD (Slower fire rate than L86, but manageable recoil that turns to almost none with the grip)
2. AUG (Similar to RPD, with less recoil, but less bullets)
3. L86 (Fastest TTK of all guns overall, massive recoil)
4. M240 (20-30 LMG, lol)
5. MG4 (Screwed up crosshair, silencer still shows up on minimap, outclassed by the M240)

Ninja'd by Fletch, lol
M240 has the silencer glitch too, and as mentioned, this was fixed in the Stimulus Package patch (along with the glitch for the M9). Still isn't fixed on the PS3 however.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
At least they fixed some of those things once and for all, I thought it would never get done. I'm officially out of school now, so I can play tons, yay. I wanted to ask you guys a question though. Whenever I play MW2, I either rush and get in peoples' faces, or I play extremely cautious knowing that I'll get my killstreaks eventually. Although I might start out slow and only get a few kills, when I do get my killstreaks I'll do really well, kind of like a seananners approach to things. I enjoy playing like that a bit more than rushing, but at times it gets dreadfully boring. What kind of style do you guys typically play?

S

smash brawl player 99021

I usually do the same as you. Either I'm attacking or flanking with the Uzi, or kind of hanging back with my AK-47. I don't camp, I just take things slowly. Sometimes things get too boring though, and I give in.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
At least they fixed some of those things once and for all, I thought it would never get done. I'm officially out of school now, so I can play tons, yay. I wanted to ask you guys a question though. Whenever I play MW2, I either rush and get in peoples' faces, or I play extremely cautious knowing that I'll get my killstreaks eventually. Although I might start out slow and only get a few kills, when I do get my killstreaks I'll do really well, kind of like a seananners approach to things. I enjoy playing like that a bit more than rushing, but at times it gets dreadfully boring. What kind of style do you guys typically play?
VERY defensive. I get my team UAVs and EADs to help them out.

Fletch

Smash Master
If you want to be good at this game, you should get used to playing defensively at least some of the time.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
F8AL is such a team player it's not even funny. He plays very defensively and really does help the team. I've seen him finish a full TDM with a score of 2-0-0. In CoD4 or MW2, he'll go 17-0-1 or something while I go 24-4-10. I have the better score because he calls out positions so much.

I've also come to realize that my choppers are piloted by Helen Keller.

S

smash brawl player 99021

F8AL is such a team player it's not even funny. He plays very defensively and really does help the team. I've seen him finish a full TDM with a score of 2-0-0. In CoD4 or MW2, he'll go 17-0-1 or something while I go 24-4-10. I have the better score because he calls out positions so much.

I've also come to realize that my choppers are piloted by Helen Keller.
Yeah, F8AL is the most defensive player I've ever seen. His K/D is also higher than most people's as well, so that just solidifies his argument.

And I have the usual drunk Chopper pilot as well ;___;

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
lol, it's funny how bad I screw the other team over when I destroy a harrier or pavelow that hasn't even been there for a second :laugh:

I'm pretty offensive though, although I do hate playing TDM because my ******** team mates just love to kill anyone I'm about to pick off :mad:

Also, first prestige

*awesome face*

It's funny when me, a lvl 10, gets first place above lvl 50-70's :laugh:

I do hate the fact that I gotta work my perks up again. Not having Ninja is pure bullcrap and not having a silencer is really inconvenient...

btw the way, is it good when your ratio is .71?

And the double XP weekend is over now right? Hopefully we get another map pack soon to take full advantage of it :laugh:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
lol, it's funny how bad I screw the other team over when I destroy a harrier or pavelow that hasn't even been there for a second :laugh:

I'm pretty offensive though, although I do hate playing TDM because my ******** team mates just love to kill anyone I'm about to pick off :mad:

Also, first prestige

*awesome face*

It's funny when me, a lvl 10, gets first place above lvl 50-70's :laugh:

I do hate the fact that I gotta work my perks up again. Not having Ninja is pure bullcrap and not having a silencer is really inconvenient...

btw the way, is it good when your ratio is .71?

And the double XP weekend is over now right? Hopefully we get another map pack soon to take full advantage of it :laugh:
No, not really. If it's for your win/lose ratio then I wouldn't care.

Yes, it ended yesterday. Don't expect any more map packs soon cause the trial for Jason W/Vince Z V.S. Activision is on June 21st and if they win, they can stop anymore MW2 content/DLC and games in the future.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
For your first run through, that really isn't too bad. I think I was about .75 before I prestiged, and now I'm not anywhere near that. You should be much better this time around.
Agreed. Now he knows which weapons and perks to use first.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
No, not really. If it's for your win/lose ratio then I wouldn't care.

Yes, it ended yesterday. Don't expect any more map packs soon cause the trial for Jason W/Vince Z V.S. Activision is on June 21st and if they win, they can stop anymore MW2 content/DLC and games in the future.
Awwww

What is Activision being sued on now?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Playing defensively is usually the way to go. I think if you really want to help your team, you should be using killstreaks like UAV, Pred missile, and maybe harrier or something else. Those help the team the most in the long run. I wish this game was like halo, where winning is the whole point instead of your K/D. Feels to me like that's the main reason people camp. On the other hand, playing a game of domination or TDM with a full party and building up a win streak is soooo much fun, and you get lots of exp for winning anyways. It's tons of fun to have a team that communicates well and is capable of winning every match. I'd rather win with a bad K/D than lose going something like 50-1.

Edit: Yes, fuel is terrible. Buildings + Killstreaks = MW2

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I'm... not really sure what kind of style I play. I guess if I had to give one straight answer it'd be somewhat defensive - not on F8AL's level, but keeping the team covered from behind when the spawn system starts acting gay. I do sometimes get up and go straight out offensive, though. My K/D ratio suffers, so have no idea why I do it.

It helps that I listen a lot for footsteps; it's part of the reason why I don't use Heartbeat Sensors a lot, since if they have Ninja Pro to stay quiet there's next to no point in it. Running Ninja Pro myself helps too, much to F8AL's dismay. :razz:

I'm downloading the Resurgence map pack right now, just so you know.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Awwww

What is Activision being sued on now?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Ward#West_and_Zampella_v._Activision

Pretty much sums up this whole mess. I'm surprised Activision hasn't settled out of court yet. The reason why the resurgence pack DLC was released shortly after the stimulus package is because of this lawsuit.

"If their lawsuit is successful, West and Zampella could retain the power to halt the development and release of any future games and downloadable content in the Modern Warfare setting"

S

smash brawl player 99021

I dislike getting Spawn trapped. A lot. Especially on Highrise. >_> <_<

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Then if it brings another XP weekend, I'm kinda hoping they lose

Dunno why Activision doesn't just pay em off already or something... I mean they have the money to right?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Then if it brings another XP weekend, I'm kinda hoping they lose

Dunno why Activision doesn't just pay em off already or something... I mean they have the money to right?
Not me, I hope Jason West and Vince Z win cause they deserve the money from MW2.

Activision has LOTS of money but I guess they want to try their luck in court. They NEED the Modern Warfare series under their control.

If they lose, it will hurt them pretty bad.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Rage quit just about every match I played in today because I was lagging behind in every single one of them. Doesn't matter how much forewarning the idiots make, they'll always come round the corner 'supposedly' before I even hear them. ****, there was one time I went prone at least five seconds before a knife noob came round the corner and made a HUGE leap to kill me. In the killcam I hadn't even gone prone yet when he knifed me. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :cry:

Will West and Zampella be able to release new Modern Warfare games under the Respawn Entertainment banner if they should win?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Rage quit just about every match I played in today because I was lagging behind in every single one of them. Doesn't matter how much forewarning the idiots make, they'll always come round the corner 'supposedly' before I even hear them. ****, there was one time I went prone at least five seconds before a knife noob came round the corner and made a HUGE leap to kill me. In the killcam I hadn't even gone prone yet when he knifed me. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :cry:

Will West and Zampella be able to release new Modern Warfare games under the Respawn Entertainment banner if they should win?
It's a possibility but they don't want to create anymore CoD games.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I see...

No MW3 then. The masses will be displeased.
It's not 100%, they couldretain the power to halt the development and release of any future games and downloadable content in the Modern Warfare setting. Even if they win, Activision may be able to still create future CoD games.

Awwww, now I DO hope they lose

I wanna see MW3

I need to see what became of Soap and Price
Well, MW3 is currently in post production but that's all we know right now. I'd say it'll come out in 2012 cause this year it's Black Ops then next year is Sledgehammer games CoD title. Who knows?

Roachhhh! Shoot down the UAV!
Roach, you let them get bravo!

Roach, where are you? Shoot down the harrier!

:laugh:

S

smash brawl player 99021

"Roach, capture C!"

"It's already captured though!"

"...capture it anyway!"

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's a joke between the four of us. Nothing to do with Ramirez, we just blamed Roach for everything bad that happened. He's only level 16 and we kept telling him to do things he couldn't.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I want this post stickied.

ANYONE playing an objective game type should have at LEAST one class with a Tactical Insertion on it that will be used when necessary to complete the objective. I'm tired of being the only one trying to plant/capture/defuse as the ENTIRE team spawns on the opposite side of the map. Plant it somewhere intelligently, whether it be in a spot that has a good overlook of the objective, or a place hidden near the objective so you can get to it quickly should you need to. I personally make two classes with Tactical Insertions per gametype and map. One on a weapon for defense, and one for rushing.

Really, it's stupidly frustrating.

Top Bottom