• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
There you go, Grunt.

I'm looking forward to playing my first game of 2010 tomorrow. Hopefully it's with someone here.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Yes! I have no clue why honestly, but something about it makes you want to never put it down. A good thing for Iw though.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Assuming you're talking about 360, I'm there.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why is there music playing on page 117 and 118??? >.>

EDIT: @:mad:

Is there any way how you could make the music the CoD4 theme instead??? That would be SIIIICK!

EDIT2: Preferably this one :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19Z6jq_oGes
There's no page 117 or 118 for those of us that use 40 posts per page. I'll play that music once I get to page 46.

EDIT: Fine, I'll do it. <object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/19Z6jq_oGes&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/19Z6jq_oGes&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
There you go, TRG.

And it's 8 pm and you're not here.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Oooooooooooooh I like ;)
My and Cyan were playing again. It's awful not having decent guns/other stuff when you start out so on my PS3 ACCOUNT I will not prestige again on that account.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, word of advice to snipers, Stopping power is NOT a good perk for snipers. The M21 is the only sniper that gets a huge benefit (Target jumps from head to include the full body). The Power snipers can kill with a shot to the chest or above already, so the extra area is barely needed (unless you are a terrible shot, then you shouldn't be sniping), and the WA2000 gets NO benefit whatsoever. Cold Blooded IS a good sniper perk. It allows you to stay hidden, gets a slight 1 up against a thermal user, And you don't have to worry about kill streaks. Ensure a OHK, or stay hidden. With so much **** flying around, staying hidden is a good Idea.

So, outside cold blooded, which other perks are good?

Sleight of hand:
OK, Reloading is of no concern to a sniper (unless your secondary is a shotgun, then it should). It allows you to scope faster. For the Semi-autos, this is not neccesary, as you can just spam bullets in case of a close combat situation. The Intervention isn't so lucky. Since it's bolt action, it has a slow Rof. Though the scope, this isn't an issue, but in a no-scope situation, you're screwed. Quick scoping is more neccesary for the Intervention.
In short:
Near mandatory on the Intervention, near worthless on semi autos.

Scavenger:
For a sniper, you're using this perk for the extra ammo, not the ability to replenish. Why, Unless you're a scout sniper, you are not going to be near fallen soldiers (except you're buddy who got killed, or that enemy who tried to sneak attack you). Besides, there are other perks. This is best with the M21, which is a weapon that is spammed to empty clips
In short:
The extra ammo is a benefit for all, but the replenishment is near useless to non-scout snipers. Preferred (if not near mandatory) for the M21

Bling:
Well, The intervention is nailed with sleight of hand, and the M21 is desperate for scavenger, so the best snipers for this perk is the Barret and the WA2000. The ability to slap on a Heartbeat sensor and a thermal scope (for example, I typically slap on FMJ and heartbeat [If I had a barret class running]) makes bling extremely formidable.
In short:
Best perk, namely for sniper rifles not locked into a T1 perk

Cold blooded:
I already explained this
In short:
Use it

Steady aim:
In CoD4, snipers used a rather standard T1 (claymore) and T2 (Stopping power), and had to choose between 3 T3 perks, Deep impact, which increased penetration, Iron lungs, which increased breath holding time (and scope steadiness), and steady aim (which does what it does now). In MW2, Deep impact became the FMJ attachment, and Iron Lungs was added to the pro version of steady aim. You heard right, It is now possible to have all 3 CoD4 best sniping T3 perks, AT ONCE!!!
In short:
MANDATORY

Perks that sound great on pen & paper...
Marathon:
Why it sounds good:
You can run to and from sniping spots
Why it fails in the long run:
If there is one thing a sniper ISN'T going to be doing, it's running. Pretty much all of what marathon makes great, is kinda useless.

Stopping power:
Why it sounds good on pen and paper:
It increases the area of kill. That and because some CoD4 snipers were using the M40, which required stopping power:
For starters, The intervention is more like the spiritual ancestor of the R700 (and thanks to selection, better traits like clip size and clip reloading) than the M40. It still rocks (I certainly use it), but it isn't the M40. Now that we got the Idea that the Intervention is the M40 out of our heads, we now look at only 1 Sniper rifle that Stopping power benefits from, the M21. Back in CoD4, stopping power is used often, but with the Dragunov, other perks were used. The R700 and Barret could do the same. The M21 is rarely (if ever)treated as a OHK weapon, so we can now conclude that STOPPING POWER IS NO LONGER MANDATORY! JUST GO USE COLD-BLOODED!

Hardline:
Why it sounds good:
Faster kill streaks
Why it sucks:
Do you really need this?

Commando:
HALO SWORD LUNGE!
Why it fails in practice:
It doesn't exactly fail, but considering that there are better perks, and the opportunities to knife aren't exactly common, this is something you should pass up.

Ninja:
Why it sounds good:
Invisible to heartbeat sensors, and you don't make a noise.
Why it really sucks:
Unlike cold blodded, which hides you from a whole lotta ****, ninja only hides you from Heartbeat sensors, something that isn't so common. And the silent footsteps, you' aren't going to move much.

Scrambler:
Why it sounds good:
It gives you the ability to run, or take on an enemy
Why it sucks:
Unlike ninja, which just hides you, Scrambler pops up a red flag. Red flags when you're hiding is not a great thing, trust me.

Sitrep:
Why it sounds good:
Hear enemy players
Why it sucks:
Hear everything, see equipment that you are nowhere near. yay.

Last stand:
Why it sounds good:
Get back at people
Why it sucks:
Final stand is a good deathstreak for a sniper. If someone nails you in a gunfight you are unfortunate enough to be caught in, you can retaliate. Sniped, snipe back, or wait to get back up. Last stand, however, is flawed, since you can only use a pistol, you can only retaliate against the person who tried to kill you, and you are waiting to die, instead of waiting for a chance to get back up and help your team.
And you look like a ****ing noob.

Perks that just don't work
one man army:
Sniper rifles are horrid when alone

Lightweight:
You aren't moving

Danger close:
???

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I didn't really use stopping power for my Sniper, but for my Secondary, just to make my life easier.

I don't really like Cold-Blodded anyways. I use Stopping power as my assurance more than anything, just in case I miss the one-shot zone. I do about the same without it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm always on the move when sniping since I find camping to be ineffective and boring. I'll stick with Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, and Steady Aim.

Cold Blooded is only useful for avoiding killstreaks, and even then I can just pull out a Stinger or hide in a building.

I also think One Man Army is good on a sniper, especially for Search. Example: Highrise, when you shoot across the map in the enemy spawn. I've gotten one triple and two collaterals in Search because of this.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
You are also harder to spot through thermal scopes too, so you have a 1 up on thermal people.

Initially, I was using stopping power Intervention, but I kinda got rusty, so after trying barret with cold blooded, I got Fall camo over the course of three days. Feeling a little upset over ditching the intervention (due to the numerous videos of people using it being extremely prevalent), I switched back. Got Fall camo, and sometime later I prestiged. Currently I am in the 20s and some distance from red tiger, but after a bit of rustiness from a vacation and new game, I am taking some time.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I pulled off Fall on my Intervention in two days over the course of 30 games or so.

I also find it funny how a silenced M21 with cold blooded can't one shot kill anyone outside of hardcore.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
OK sorry guys I'm blowing the "get together" off. On the phone with a friend atm and she will NOT stop talking to me, and I can't just be like "I'll ttyl I gotta get on Modern Warfare 2." :(

Tomorrow? :O

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I actually had a headstart and had 100 headshots. So that's really only 150.

hahaha TRG. You did the same thing last time. See you tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I actually had a headstart and had 100 headshots. So that's really only 150.

hahaha TRG. You did the same thing last time. See you tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath.
Yeah, don't remind me. I was so disappointed when he bailed on us last time.

@ Charizard92: tl;dr your huge post at the top of this page.

I use SP on my sniper class for OHKOs. I will always use SP on my sniper classe(s) unless I'm playing hardcore (which I never do) which I'd then use cold blooded to stay hidden on the mini-map with a silencer on my sniper rifle.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I know guysss I'm a bad personnnn please forgive me... :(

@Charizard: Dude I think you are over thinking some of your classes. It's a LOT better to just try your set up's in game and see how well they work.

For an example, I (unlike many others) like using thermal scopes simply because it makes sniping on dark maps like Underpass far too easy. I also found out on my own that using Lightweight instead of stopping power works a lot better for SMGs.

Just try stuff out on your own ya know? Experiment don't just speculate.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
OK, word of advice to snipers, Stopping power is NOT a good perk for snipers. The M21 is the only sniper that gets a huge benefit (Target jumps from head to include the full body). The Power snipers can kill with a shot to the chest or above already, so the extra area is barely needed (unless you are a terrible shot, then you shouldn't be sniping), and the WA2000 gets NO benefit whatsoever. Cold Blooded IS a good sniper perk. It allows you to stay hidden, gets a slight 1 up against a thermal user, And you don't have to worry about kill streaks. Ensure a OHK, or stay hidden. With so much **** flying around, staying hidden is a good Idea.
Stopping Power is good if you're going for FMJ kills on core. Penetration lowers the OHK zone to headshots only, I believe. Otherwise, I agree entirely.

So, outside cold blooded, which other perks are good?

Sleight of hand:
OK, Reloading is of no concern to a sniper (unless your secondary is a shotgun, then it should). It allows you to scope faster. For the Semi-autos, this is not neccesary, as you can just spam bullets in case of a close combat situation. The Intervention isn't so lucky. Since it's bolt action, it has a slow Rof. Though the scope, this isn't an issue, but in a no-scope situation, you're screwed. Quick scoping is more neccesary for the Intervention.
In short:
Near mandatory on the Intervention, near worthless on semi autos.
I don't see why it's necessary. In close combat, you should pull out your secondary, not try to fight with your Sniper. Also, since you don't believe in running to change spots with a Sniper, you should always be prepared to fight in close quarters rather than running into someone unexpectedly.

Scavenger:
For a sniper, you're using this perk for the extra ammo, not the ability to replenish. Why, Unless you're a scout sniper, you are not going to be near fallen soldiers (except you're buddy who got killed, or that enemy who tried to sneak attack you). Besides, there are other perks. This is best with the M21, which is a weapon that is spammed to empty clips
In short:
The extra ammo is a benefit for all, but the replenishment is near useless to non-scout snipers. Preferred (if not near mandatory) for the M21
Replenishment is godlike for the camping Sniper. Infinite Claymores. Also, the M21 should never run out of ammo. It should be 2 shots to take someone down max. =/

Bling:
Well, The intervention is nailed with sleight of hand, and the M21 is desperate for scavenger, so the best snipers for this perk is the Barret and the WA2000. The ability to slap on a Heartbeat sensor and a thermal scope (for example, I typically slap on FMJ and heartbeat [If I had a barret class running]) makes bling extremely formidable.
In short:
Best perk, namely for sniper rifles not locked into a T1 perk
I'm not a big fan of Bling, but I can agree with all your points here.

Cold blooded:
I already explained this
In short:
Use it
Yesssssssssssssssss.

Steady aim:
In CoD4, snipers used a rather standard T1 (claymore) and T2 (Stopping power), and had to choose between 3 T3 perks, Deep impact, which increased penetration, Iron lungs, which increased breath holding time (and scope steadiness), and steady aim (which does what it does now). In MW2, Deep impact became the FMJ attachment, and Iron Lungs was added to the pro version of steady aim. You heard right, It is now possible to have all 3 CoD4 best sniping T3 perks, AT ONCE!!!
In short:
MANDATORY
I don't see why you need increased hipfire with a Sniper Rifle. And you shouldn't have to hold your breath that long anyways.

Marathon:
Why it sounds good:
You can run to and from sniping spots
If there is one thing a sniper ISN'T going to be doing, it's running. Pretty much all of what marathon makes great, is kinda useless.
It's good for the run and gun sniper. And it's VERY useful on Wasteland and Derail.

Stopping power:
It increases the area of kill. That and because some CoD4 snipers were using the M40, which required stopping power:
For starters, The intervention is more like the spiritual ancestor of the R700 (and thanks to selection, better traits like clip size and clip reloading) than the M40. It still rocks (I certainly use it), but it isn't the M40. Now that we got the Idea that the Intervention is the M40 out of our heads, we now look at only 1 Sniper rifle that Stopping power benefits from, the M21. Back in CoD4, stopping power is used often, but with the Dragunov, other perks were used. The R700 and Barret could do the same. The M21 is rarely (if ever)treated as a OHK weapon, so we can now conclude that STOPPING POWER IS NO LONGER MANDATORY! JUST GO USE COLD-BLOODED!
Agree except for FMJ and Silencers on core.

Hardline:
Why it sounds good:
Faster kill streaks
Why it sucks:
Do you really need this?
This.

Commando:
HALO SWORD LUNGE!
Why it fails in practice:
It doesn't exactly fail, but considering that there are better perks, and the opportunities to knife aren't exactly common, this is something you should pass up.
If you get caught in a close range battle, Commando should let you knife them within the majority of ranges you'll be confronted at. Very useful. Especially if you don't use Steady Aim, this is probably the next best thing.

Ninja:
Why it sounds good:
Invisible to heartbeat sensors, and you don't make a noise.
Why it really sucks:
Unlike cold blodded, which hides you from a whole lotta ****, ninja only hides you from Heartbeat sensors, something that isn't so common. And the silent footsteps, you' aren't going to move much.
Yep.

Scrambler:
Why it sounds good:
It gives you the ability to run, or take on an enemy
Why it sucks:
Unlike ninja, which just hides you, Scrambler pops up a red flag. Red flags when you're hiding is not a great thing, trust me.
People use Scrambler? :laugh:

Sitrep:
Why it sounds good:
Hear enemy players
Why it sucks:
Hear everything, see equipment that you are nowhere near. yay.
People use Sit Rep?

Last stand:
Why it sounds good:
Get back at people
Why it sucks:
Final stand is a good deathstreak for a sniper. If someone nails you in a gunfight you are unfortunate enough to be caught in, you can retaliate. Sniped, snipe back, or wait to get back up. Last stand, however, is flawed, since you can only use a pistol, you can only retaliate against the person who tried to kill you, and you are waiting to die, instead of waiting for a chance to get back up and help your team.
And you look like a ****ing noob.
Yep. Last Stand fails.

Perks that just don't work
one man army:
Sniper rifles are horrid when alone
Search and Destroy is the only use I see for it.

Lightweight:
You aren't moving
Maybe on Wasteland and Derail. I use Cold Blooded anyways.

Danger close:
???
LOL.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
That's because everything else is pretty much learned with experience, to see what works best for your playstyle.

Snipers have limited options, so there's really not that much to debate.

Top Bottom