• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Both. A simple scope in and shoot killcam isn't worth dying over. If it was something incredible, like a 360 no scope wallbang through the green room on Highrise, I understand completely.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Reminds me of this one time when I threw a knife through the window overlooking the entrance to the alleyway from the Parking Lot on Skidrow, and it hit a guy right in the eye. It made a pretty amazing final killcam.

Then there was the other time I bounced one off the floor and it got a guy in the nuts. Another good final killcam.

Ah, throwing knife shenanigans are fun.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If it's the former, then fair enough (though try and stay away from roach). But I don't have a clue why you think your definition of a good killcam is better than everybody else's.
God dammit, the only time I EVER complain about something with my mic on is just about predator missiles hitting me for the entire match. That also includes you and your god**** predator missiles in Derail

All other times I complain I have my mic off so I don't annoy other people with my incessant complaints

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
The gameplay mechanics are stellar, but they bog it down with so much unbalanced stuff that it becomes unplayable.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Running and gunning isn't difficult in this game, not sure why you would think that.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok, so is Ninja really that good of a perk that it's better than Commando?

I mean, I'm not sure if stealth doesn't matter as much as being able to knife like a ****ing **** and being able to jump off from any ledge does it?

I mean, I'm not saying it's bad or anything, but in my experience I've found Commando to be a much better perk than Ninja

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Ok, so is Ninja really that good of a perk that it's better than Commando?

I mean, I'm not sure if stealth doesn't matter as much as being able to knife like a ****ing **** and being able to jump off from any ledge does it?

I mean, I'm not saying it's bad or anything, but in my experience I've found Commando to be a much better perk than Ninja
We've already discussed why Ninja is overall a much better/useful perk than Commando. No need to repeat ourselves.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry if I wasn't present for those discussions jeez

Could you guys just explain to me why? I'm not gonna start up an argument, I'm just curious

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Senario #1

Tiger Woods is on a building above Icy and is running around with tac-knife and commando pro... Icy is looking out over a bridge below with a sniper.

Tiger: Hehe! He totally doesn't see me! I'm going to to **** him with MA HALO SWORD.
Icy: Lalalalala Sniping WEE!
Tiger: *drops... *CRACKK*
Icy: Oh boy! Someone is nearby!
Tiger: I have him in my sights! *STOMP STOMP STOMP*
Icy: *PEW PEW PEW* I HATH KILLED DA TIGA!

Senario #2

Tiger Woods is on a building above Icy and is running around with tac-knife and ninja pro... Icy is looking out over a bridge below with a sniper.

Tiger: Hehe! He totally doesn't see me! I'm going to to **** him with MA KNIFE!
Tiger: *runs down silently
Icy: Oh boy! MORE SNIPING WEE!
Tiger: I have him in my sights! *cricket..... cricket*
Icy: WHAT DA FUUUU WHERE HE COME FROM

Long story short... if you don't use ninja... you are going to make a HELL of a lot of noise. You will be really loud. Ninja pretty much means they wont be turning around to shoot you when you try to sneak up on them. Jumping off of high ground isn't really necessary either... as it is only useful in a small amount instances. Though the halo sword is nice... If they can hear you 50 feet before you attack it's kind of pointless.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I've recently fallen in love with Domination. I don't know if people hate me for it, but I go with Riot Shield and Thumper (Don't have RPG yet), and plant a C4 right on the flag and just wait it out. I get the highest score despite having like 4/5 kills because I get bonuses for protecting the flag.

<3

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If anyone suggests a class with Cold Blooded, I'm gonna laugh.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I use scavenger, danger close, and commando for riot and scavenger, something (I think hardline), and ninja on everything else.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Senario #1

Tiger Woods is on a building above Icy and is running around with tac-knife and commando pro... Icy is looking out over a bridge below with a sniper.

Tiger: Hehe! He totally doesn't see me! I'm going to to **** him with MA HALO SWORD.
Tiger: *drops... *CRACKK*
Icy: Oh boy! Someone is nearby!
Tiger: I have him in my sights! *STOMP STOMP STOMP*
Icy: *PEW PEW PEW* I HATH KILLED DA TIGA!

Senario #2

Tiger Woods is on a building above Icy and is running around with tac-knife and ninja pro... Icy is looking out over a bridge below with a sniper.

Tiger: Hehe! He totally doesn't see me! I'm going to to **** him with MA KNIFE!
Tiger: *runs down silently
Icy: Oh boy! MORE SNIPING WEE!
Tiger: I have him in my sights! *cricket..... cricket*
Icy: WHAT DA FUUUU WHERE HE COME FROM

Long story short... if you don't use ninja... you are going to make a HELL of a lot of noise. You will be really loud. Ninja pretty much means they wont be turning around to shoot you when you try to sneak up on them. Jumping off of high ground isn't really necessary either... as it is only useful in a small amount instances. Though the halo sword is nice... If they can hear you 50 feet before you attack it's kind of pointless.
...wat
/wat/wat

Back, gentlemen. I...almost missed you all.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Assault Rifle/SMG of your choice @ FMJ/Silencer
SPAS-12 @ Extended Mags
Semtex / Stun x2
Sleight of Hand Pro/Marathon Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

It's really that simple, Roach.

Fletch

Smash Master
Assault Rifle/SMG of your choice @ FMJ/Silencer
SPAS-12 @ Extended Mags
Semtex / Stun x2
Sleight of Hand Pro/Marathon Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

It's really that simple, Roach.
This, or go UMP and replace SP Pro with Lightweight Pro. I think that's the best run and gun class, but it is fairly cookie cutter.

I'm going to be playing Bioshock 2 for a while, but I'll still play on occasion and post here.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
A good rushing class, you ask? The class I'm about to give you is very unique and takes a large amount of skill to use, so beware.

UMP w/silencer
Stuns/Semtex

Marathon pro
Lightweight pro (SP if you really want to make people mad)
Ninja pro

@Fletch - I just finished bioshock 2 last night. It's not a bad game, but it's not nearly as good as the first. Nonetheless, it's a fun game to play through. Enjoy it!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
To be honest, people aren't as observant as most of you would like to think. Commando is probably more useful than ninja for your camp classes, as you won't be moving anywhere. Personally, I use commando on my Sniper class and I knife the **** out of anyone that gets past my 2 claymores.

I use SitRep Pro on like, everything else.

Fletch

Smash Master
Probably should have said that Ninja Pro is the best third tier perk against good people then. Honestly, there isn't much reason to use anything else.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
To be honest, people aren't as observant as most of you would like to think. Commando is probably more useful than ninja for your camp classes, as you won't be moving anywhere. Personally, I use commando on my Sniper class and I knife the **** out of anyone that gets past my 2 claymores.

I use SitRep Pro on like, everything else.
What does SitRep even do? The description wasn't very good and I haven't tried it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
SitRep makes things like enemy Claymores glow red even through walls so you don't fall for it

SitRep Pro apparently makes the enemy sound like they're on stampede.

I've been wanting to go for Pro, but it's so hard to get it.

EDIT:

Man, I ****ing love the RPD more than anything I've used now.

With Grip on, this thing is like a makeshift sniper. I only have to see a teeny weeny little dot of someone's head in cover from across teh map and I get a ****ing headshot in a couple of shots.

I ****ing love this thing man

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
What does SitRep even do? The description wasn't very good and I haven't tried it.
Sitrep and sitrep pro are pretty underused perks, but that's mainly because Ninja is just better in general (and because getting sitrep pro is the most ridiculous thing ever). Sitrep just allows you to see enemy explosives and tac insertions and such, but the pro version is interesting.

The pro version makes enemy footsteps 4 times louder I believe? Something like that. Anyways, people are like "zomgthatsstupid u kan stil heer ur footsteps. hao u suposd 2 heer othr pplz?!?!." Well, it silences your footsteps so that problem doesn't happen. However, remember that other people still can hear your footsteps, only you can't hear them. I agree that the perk would be stupid if you could still hear your own.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
You can still hear your own footsteps with SitRep Pro. Pretty easily actually. But they do sound quieter than normal. SitRep would be a lot better if it was a Blue Perk. But if it was a blue perk, it'd have to have a different secondary effect, as to not make SitRep Pro + Ninja Pro completely broken.

I miss playing Search with Bomb Squad under my belt.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, I'd say it's just underused mostly because of the ridiculous requirements to get pro

How the hell is Lightweight Pro the hardest pro to get again?

Destroying 120 pieces of equipments sounds much more hard and tedius

Fletch

Smash Master
Sitrep Pro multiplies the volume of enemy footsteps by 4 times and your own and allies by 0.25. The quieting effect is only good for yourself though; enemies will still hear you at the normal level.

Ninja Pro just multiplies your footsteps by .25 for the enemy.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So I just got back from Expendables. How does that relate to CoD? Well, let me put it like this...

Stalone uses a modded controller and super SoH
The AA-12 is amazing with extended mags (or Drum mag), stopping power/dangerclose and steady aim
Statham uses Aimbots for throwing knives and guns
Jet Li is campaign only
The .44 magnum is still the fastest/best handgun
Holo sight+laser sight=Best Bling setup

And that is all.

How true is all of that? Well, all except the holo sight thing. Though most of their guns DID have a holo sight.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Sitrep Pro multiplies the volume of enemy footsteps by 4 times and your own and allies by 0.25. The quieting effect is only good for yourself though; enemies will still hear you at the normal level.

Ninja Pro just multiplies your footsteps by .25 for the enemy.
It has to be less than that for Ninja Pro. You can still hear your footsteps with SitRep Pro, much more than with Ninja Pro, where you can only really hear them when jumping, or walking on an unusual surface(snow, metal stairs/grates, etc.) And it's not just for the enemy, it's to everyone, unlike SitRep.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
So many quickscope try hards in S&D. I shoot them with my Famas and then laugh as they complain about hitmarkers.

Edit: 1v4 clutch with mah intervention. I'm such a hypocrite. :chuckle:

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Well I get annoyed with hitmarkers when it's something like this...

1v4 on highrise I'm on top of the heli-pad, the bomb is already planted. A kid runs up the heli pad I quick scope him. I see a kid still in their spawn so I quickish hard scope him. I then proceed to see a kid sniping at me from underground. I jump off and quick scope him. I hear that some kid is defusing the bomb at A... so I run over there quick scope him to a hit marker as I proceed to eat ump bullets. The round goes to them as he proceeds to defuse the bomb with red jelly all over his screen...

Fletch

Smash Master
It has to be less than that for Ninja Pro. You can still hear your footsteps with SitRep Pro, much more than with Ninja Pro, where you can only really hear them when jumping, or walking on an unusual surface(snow, metal stairs/grates, etc.) And it's not just for the enemy, it's to everyone, unlike SitRep.
My fault, I worded Ninja Pro incorrectly. Your footsteps are multiplied by .25 to everyone, not just enemies. The rest I am positive is correct though.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Man, I'd say it's just underused mostly because of the ridiculous requirements to get pro

How the hell is Lightweight Pro the hardest pro to get again?

Destroying 120 pieces of equipments sounds much more hard and tedius
Lightweight Pro is the hardest pro version of a perk to get? What? All you do is equip marathon, lightweight and ninja/commando for a while and you'll get it. That's how I got it a while ago.

Fletch

Smash Master
Lightweight Pro is the hardest pro version of a perk to get? What? All you do is equip marathon, lightweight and ninja/commando for a while and you'll get it. That's how I got it a while ago.
You can also glitch through a couple of levels to get it. Search youtube for ways if you're interested.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Well I get annoyed with hitmarkers when it's something like this...

1v4 on highrise I'm on top of the heli-pad, the bomb is already planted. A kid runs up the heli pad I quick scope him. I see a kid still in their spawn so I quickish hard scope him. I then proceed to see a kid sniping at me from underground. I jump off and quick scope him. I hear that some kid is defusing the bomb at A... so I run over there quick scope him to a hit marker as I proceed to eat ump bullets. The round goes to them as he proceeds to defuse the bomb with red jelly all over his screen...
You know, it'd probably be easier to just switch to a secondary weapon.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
A few days ago I came up with this hillarious way to kill people.

Basically you do a 360 spin, then do a jumping prone ADS, then spray your opponent down with the Akimbo G18's.

I call it the "John Woo" because in a game winning killcam, you look like your using bullet time.

Also before you try to take anyone down with this amazing technique, you must shout,

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO! IT'S ****ING JOHN WOO!

Also I think I'm putting this game down forever.....no joke.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
It's just the fact that the spawns and hitboxes in this game are so **** ****ed it's unreal.

Oh look, I respawned.

Time to walk a few feet safely and...... BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!

Some *** right behind you with an AA-12.

This and the people who constantly use RPG, noob tube, thermals and heartbeat sensors.

Get them and cumulative killstreaks out of the game and it would be amazing.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm one of the few people that can always find a way to have fun with this game. You guys just aren't looking enough.

EDIT: LOL, RESPAWN GAMETYPES <c

Top Bottom