• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No. I'm one of those people that will quit a match if I have something to do. If I'm frustrated by Javelin glitchers, or get killed in a really stupid way. ie. spawning into a grenade

My accuracy is in the toilet because I tend to spray near the end of a game.

I'll usually quit if I'm playing SnD and when someone gets the last kill, they teabag, take your gun, shoot wildly, spin while defusing. It just wastes everyones time.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
22.24% on PS3. My Live expired, so I don't remember that one.

Either you're an exceptional Sniper, or you don't play alot.
Well, I guess I'm a pretty good Sniper. I use a different class of weapons per map though.

Sniper: Afghan, Wasteland, Underpass, Estate
AR: Invasion, Karachi, Rundown
SMG: Derail, Quarry, Sub Base
LMG: Scrapyard, Terminal
Shotgun: Favela, Highrise, Rust, Skidrow

I've got 16642 Hits and 35818 misses. My W/L is pretty bad, barely above 1. I ragequit a lot. >_>''

I've got 3 days clocked on this game...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why does my predator missle never hit? Can it not hit inside buldings? If so I'd rather have a care package :p
We can only assume that you don't know how to use a Predator if you're aiming for guys in buildings.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I just aim wherever they are lol, how big is the blast?
Pretty **** big.

It's pretty easy to get doubles if you use them at the right time. You know, when you kill someone, and they spawn.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Really? You're efficient as hell then, Delta-cod.
I'm a big fan of burst firing. Makes even my LMGs accurate. Though I do use a grip on them, since the recoil makes it hard to keep my sights lined up on the guy. =/

Predator Missiles can hit people inside buildings. If you aim at the doorway the blast can reach inside. Effective when a lot of people try to run inside a little shack, like the ones on Highrise.

I'm playing really poorly today. I can barely go positive and I keep dying due to BS things and what-have-you. I blame Sniper Frog.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm a big fan of burst firing. Makes even my LMGs accurate. Though I do use a grip on them, since the recoil makes it hard to keep my sights lined up on the guy. =/

Predator Missiles can hit people inside buildings. If you aim at the doorway the blast can reach inside. Effective when a lot of people try to run inside a little shack, like the ones on Highrise.

I'm playing really poorly today. I can barely go positive and I keep dying due to BS things and what-have-you. I blame Sniper Frog.
Your accuracy is incredible. Whats your K/D spread?

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm sad. I have no XBL months anymore. Anyone wanna exclaim their love to me and donate me their 2-Day card that came with the game?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You think that's bad? I have MW2.

for the PS3 *cry*
I'm debating over getting MW2 for my PS3. My parents are divorced and I switch houses every week, so I don't have my Xbox while I'm at my dad's.

BUTTT if I got MW2 for PS3... Then I would be able to play both at my mom and dad's house! :)

I'm liking this idea...

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Your accuracy is incredible. Whats your K/D spread?
My ratio is pretty meh. It's 1.77

As for spread per game, it varies a lot. Depends on if I'm having an on/off game/day, or if the other team has a playstyle that really clashes with mine and makes it hard for me to work. However, one game today I went like, 36-3.:laugh:

I'd think I was really good at this game, but I'm not very consistent. I'm also about 3/4s done with my first prestige.

S

smash brawl player 99021

My ratio is pretty meh. It's 1.77

As for spread per game, it varies a lot. Depends on if I'm having an on/off game/day, or if the other team has a playstyle that really clashes with mine and makes it hard for me to work. However, one game today I went like, 36-3.:laugh:

I'd think I was really good at this game, but I'm not very consistent. I'm also about 3/4s done with my first prestige.
Hrmm I'm about the same there. Except I could never have a K/D of 1.77. Mines around 1.10 :

BTW I know you guys like my Ghost avatar.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
It shows how consistant you are to your friends and others. I know people who don't care about it, but in my opinion, it's what I use to compare how good I am to my friends.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Hrmm I'm about the same there. Except I could never have a K/D of 1.77. Mines around 1.10 :

BTW I know you guys like my Ghost avatar.
Lol, it's nice. XD

Why do you guys care about your K/D ratio? I just don't get it.
I honestly don't. I just use it to see how good I am overall. I don't camp or dashboard out to maintain anything, hence my terrible W/L. I generally try to keep it around 2, since that means I get 2 kills per every one of my deaths, meaning I'm not a nuisance to the team. Sometimes you have bad games though, so doing poorly can't be avoided. =/

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It's used to increase your e-peen. :laugh: (like achievements and trophies!)

I'm sad. I have no XBL months anymore. Anyone wanna exclaim their love to me and donate me their 2-Day card that came with the game?
Check your PMs. Think of it as an early Christmas present. <3

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
So, I encountered my first Nuke Booster just now...

Derail, I was playing like normal until I realized this one guy was getting a lot of knife kills. I looked at the names and it was the same guy getting the kills, so I decided to head on over. I was using my SMG class with Marathon on it, which was lucky, since it takes forever to get around that map. As I was running over to the cabin on the side of the side of the map, the one with a little fenced off side area, I noticed it was the same place repeatedly. So I ran over and gunned the guy on the other team down to ruin his streak.

Unfortunately, he had a tactical insertion not too far away, so as I was attempting to leave I got shot down. I returned and stopped him again, and they changed spots to a waaaaaaaaaaay far back corner. The guy had his entire team guarding them and I couldn't get to them without getting gunned down from several angles, so the game ended with the nuke. He's appearing offline so I can't follow him and try to continue stopping him.

I dunno, I'm a bit pissed off about what happened. Just felt like sharing. =/

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
this is probably late for it, but my opinion: the campaign sucks. I only play online. and while addicting, it's only a tiny bit more fun that the Red Faction Guerrilla online. I also think the fact that the people who have played for longer have an advantage since they have much better guns is stupid. they should make it more skill oriented. if anyone wants to add me, my Xbox live gamertag is handsockpuppet9. Be warned though, I almost only play free for all, I kinda suck (.91 K/D and accuracy, W/L, and score is horrendous (I'm lvl 40)), and I don't even play much now because of Street Fighter 4.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd have to agree. The campaign is saved by stealth missions, in my opinion. I disliked every level where I was a Ranger or CIA agent. Every TF141 mission was fun save The Gulag.

In fact, I'd buy a MW2.5 that was strictly stealth missions. They were that fun to me.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Merry Christmas to meeeeee.
thanks F8AL, you're a good bro :D

I'm saving that to play with him and one other lucky contestant...who will it beeeee?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I absolutely LOVE Javelin glitchers. I think it's hilarious how stupid it is to do that. Everytime I go against a team of them, I either nuke them or almost nuke them, which still equates ****.

It looks hilarious, like a super martyrdom lol. I am proud to say I have achieved my skill level in Cod4 now in this game. Nukes seem so easy to get. My set up:

Scav
Sp
Ninja

M16
Claymore
Silencer.

= winner.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Your K/D ratio shows how consistent you are at the game. It's what separates the good players from teh N00bz. It also shows how well you are progressing.

Personally, I take mine more serious than I should. Atm, I'm obsessed with getting my K/D up to a 2.00 at least. I started with a 1.5 something K/D and I've gone up to a 1.92, which shows the progression I've had with this game.

M16
Claymore
Silencer.

= winner.
Wait you use an M16 w/o a red dot or holo sight? If you do then props to ya.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Guys. I have a question.I have to sell my 360 & PS3. I have 3 hard drives for my 360, 2 20GB and 1 60GB. After christmas, I will be buying one of them back. If I keep my 60GB HDD, I can get a XBox360 Arcade for $200 from Best Buy. All of my friends play PS3, but it's $100 more.

Your opinions?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
LOL No but seriously, it feels good to go 30+ every game now. Cod 4 status, I've arrived! And I think it all deals with learning the maps and places where you should aim down your sights, run by fast, stay out of, or nade/stun/place claymores.

Knowledge>all.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Guys. I have a question. I have 3 hard drives for my 360, 2 20GB and 1 60GB. After christmas, I will be buying one of them back. If I keep my 60GB HDD, I can get a XBox360 Arcade for $200 from Best Buy. All of my friends play PS3, but it's $100 more.

Your opinions?
Sounds good to me. Microsoft charges too much for their accessories and hard drives anyways.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
He has Scavenger, why does he need a secondary? Just give him another M16.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Knowledge>all.
I agree with this statement. The hardest part for me has been figuring out where and where not to be on certain maps.

The maps that I understand the best are always the maps that I tend to do the best on.

Scrapyard, Terminal, and Afghan ftw!

What maps do you guys perform the best on?

Puddin

Smash Lord
Your K/D ratio shows how consistent you are at the game. It's what separates the good players from teh N00bz. It also shows how well you are progressing.

Personally, I take mine more serious than I should. Atm, I'm obsessed with getting my K/D up to a 2.00 at least. I started with a 1.5 something K/D and I've gone up to a 1.92, which shows the progression I've had with this game.

Wait you use an M16 w/o a red dot or holo sight? If you do then props to ya.
Yeah but it's not like your K/D ratio is paraded around to everyone you play with, the only K/D ratio they see is the one at the end of the match. In order to actually check someones K/D ratio you'd have to search for them on the leaderboards, and I could never find myself caring THAT much about someone ELSE'S K/D ratio, let alone my own.

The only thing that really matters is your Level, and even that isn't a true testament to your skill at the game, moreover a measurment of the amount of time spent playing,

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The only thing that really matters is your Level, and even that isn't a true testament to your skill at the game, moreover a measurment of the amount of time spent playing,
Sorry but you're mistaken. A person's level means absolutely nothing. I've played tons of 10th prestiges in CoD4 that were terrible, and I've also played a lot of level 55 non-prestigers who destroyed the hell outta me.

Although a person's K/D isn't a perfect representation of a person's skill, it's definitely the most accurate measurement that the game offers.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I agree with this statement. The hardest part for me has been figuring out where and where not to be on certain maps.

The maps that I understand the best are always the maps that I tend to do the best on.

I do very well in all maps, that's the thing. Whenever you want, let's arrange a private match so you can spectate my screen in first person and I'll show you where to be.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

I do well at Underpass. I camp an area with my sniper rifle and claymores. Scavenger + Claymores = Broken. :laugh:

I also do very well on Highrise now that I figured it out. I'd say my best map is Wasteland. I'm a decent sniper and good at moving around that map, so it's like my dream. XD

I do well on Quarry and Derail as well.

Top Bottom