• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
No, spectate my screen so I can accurately let you know where to aim. Do I get on right now? Make sure you can hear me though..You know, through your TV at least.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No, spectate my screen so I can accurately let you know where to aim. Do I get on right now? Make sure you can hear me though..You know, through your TV at least.
Ah. Sure, I'm online now.

Just send an invite.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Sorry but you're mistaken. A person's level means absolutely nothing. I've played tons of 10th prestiges in CoD4 that were terrible, and I've also played a lot of level 55 non-prestigers who destroyed the hell outta me.

Although a person's K/D isn't a perfect representation of a person's skill, it's definitely the most accurate measurement that the game offers.
Yeah except a persons level is what SHOWS within a match, not their K/D ratio which was the point of my entire post. I mean, did you even READ my post? Here let me show you

"that isn't a true testament to your skill at the game, moreover a measurment of the amount of time spent playing, "

Do you see that? I'm saying that someones level isn't representative of their skill, which is exactly what you're saying.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Read too fast. My mistake.

Then I guess the only way I could respond to your earlier question is to boost self morale and show/share with other people how good you are (my personal reason is the former).

If I had a bad K/D I'd simply feel like a bad player no matter what other people said.

S

smash brawl player 99021

TRG, I've missed you bro :(
When you gettin your *** back here?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I got my second "nuke" last night as I was playing. It was on Highrise and I was using the Spas. I got a 25 kill streak with Predator Missile, Air Strike, Harrier set up. I didn't have the nuke unlocked though, so it was all for nothing. I did go 44-3 that match though. It's the second time I've gotten a 25 or higher kill streak without the Nuke equipped. D:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
TRG, I've missed you bro :(
When you gettin your *** back here?
Uhhh Friday I think.

I got my second "nuke" last night as I was playing. It was on Highrise and I was using the Spas. I got a 25 kill streak with Predator Missile, Air Strike, Harrier set up. I didn't have the nuke unlocked though, so it was all for nothing. I did go 44-3 that match though. It's the second time I've gotten a 25 or higher kill streak without the Nuke equipped. D:
Lol that's happened to me quite a few times. Before I even unlocked the nuke I had a record high of a 32 kill streak. It kills me on the inside that I never unlocked it earlier. :mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Omni posted that awhile ago.

Still, pretty good throw. I've been playing pretty well lately. I always get a Chopper Gunner right before a game ends. I called in one in the last 15 seconds of a match on Karachi, and the airspace was too crowded in the last 40 seconds of a match on Terminal. I just got Blue Tiger for my M16 today, too.

EDIT: 47-4-1, my best game yet on Favela using Zero's setup.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Omni posted that awhile ago.

Still, pretty good throw. I've been playing pretty well lately. I always get a Chopper Gunner right before a game ends. I called in one in the last 15 seconds of a match on Karachi, and the airspace was too crowded in the last 40 seconds of a match on Terminal. I just got Blue Tiger for my M16 today, too.

EDIT: 47-4-1, my best game yet on Favela using Zero's setup.
Almost any setup with an M16 is going to cause success. The gun is that good. But WOW 47 and 1 great job!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
To be fair, my opponents were really bad. They made really stupid mistakes. I'd plant a claymore at the far left building by their A spawn. I'd keep an eye on anyone coming near it. They'd run by my little spot, I'd use Scavenger to pick up another claymore and place it in my hiding spot. I kill the same guy 20 seconds later, pick up another one. It was just an endless cycle of me locking down the buildings by C and longshotting anyone across the map.

2 Predators, 2 Harriers, and 2 Chopper Gunners.

Seriously, try that next chance you get.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
IcyDeath loves me. Almost as much as I love Raptor Jesus.
LOL

Anyway, checking the CoD wiki, I looked at all the weapons pages. On some, apparently Infinity ward has polls on the favorite guns of MW2. (SMGs aren't up). Some I get, others I don't, and here's the list (with commentary)

Favorite Pistol: Deagle
Considering that it now has a drastic recoil, and the introduction of the (generally) more popular revolver, This is a question mark. Maybe people don't really use pistols or something, so they go with what they know?

Favorite MP: G18
This made me reconsider my view on the gun. While The P2000 was deemed superior to many of us, the fact that the glock penciled in as most fav strikes me as odd. Then when I looked at it, it was for a good reason. While it has a nasty recoil, it is possibly the best MP, akimbo, due to it's high accuracy (the stats apparently lied or something. This is supposed to be the least accurate MP [Maybe it was the recoil the stat was trying to get at]) from the hip, furthered even more with steady aim (making it a slightly better Sniper's sidearm, as it get's a direct benefit from a typical sniper perk [Steady Aim]). Now I consider the G18 a good gun.

Favorite AR: ACR
No problems with this, except I was expecting the FAMAS, M16, SCAR, or M4.

Favorite LMG: M240
I was expecting the AUG, but then again, I didn't actually know all the Machine guns.

Favorite Launcher: Stinger:
My guess is that this was based on the effectiveness on Killstreaks. I would have gone for the Javelin since it can hit ground targets, but this has two shots, so, that explains that.

Favorite Sniper: M21:
Wait, what? OK, I admit that this is a great Hardcore sniper, where Stopping power isn't mandatory and whatnot, but on normal gametypes? The Gun is effectively a 2shot gun, and You have the Barret and Intervention. As nice as it may be, it is kinda out of the blue.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Whoops, I forgot Shotgun, But then again, take a wild guess.

Anyway, I might write up my planned classes, probably sometime this week. I should get this game on Friday.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I unlocked claymores today! Just put them on my sniper and mp5 class. Are they the same as in CoD4 or different?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
M16 is pretty sick.
I hate the MP5 now. Don't know why. I don't really like the SMGs in this game.
Intervention, SCAR and M16 are the only guns I use.

I gave IcyDeath 2 48-Hour XBL trial codes today. I'm not sure if one of them work or not.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I unlocked claymores today! Just put them on my sniper and mp5 class. Are they the same as in CoD4 or different?
The Claymore has received somewhat of a nerf. You only get one, and they aren't as powerful (they are still powerful, and still serve as a sniper's warning). You can place 2 if you use scavenger.

On that note, I am kinda split between Scavenger and Sleight of hand as a sniper perk. On one hand, I can zoom in faster, along with reload faster. On the other, I don't have to worry about ammo, I can attach claymores,, and I typically take my time to align my shots (If L4D2 & Halo are any signs).

Which one do you recommend for a sniper, Sleight of hand or Scavenger

(note, I am probably using dual glocks, so put that into account too).

S

smash brawl player 99021

I love Leafybug & owe him bigtime. I went 38-5 today. I think that's my new personal best...bumped up Killstreak too (thanks to Zero's idea ;))K/D went up .3 also.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Yeah, Snipers suffer the hardest when choosing a Tier 1 Perk. It's all preference really. If you're an amazing Sniper, and will live forever, Scavenger is a good choice. If you need to get those close call kills, Sleight of Hand is the better choice. It's completely up to you. I'm good with both.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Good **** Trav, rockin' that M16 I see!
Haha, "Trav". I'll need to get the name changed.

I'd say they were actually buffed. It's much easier to place them now, and nobody expects them.

Yeah, Snipers suffer the hardest when choosing a Tier 1 Perk. It's all preference really. If you're an amazing Sniper, and will live forever, Scavenger is a good choice. If you need to get those close call kills, Sleight of Hand is the better choice. It's completely up to you. I'm good with both.
Sleight of Hand is the better first tier perk for a sniper. Use Extended Mags and you'll be fine.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Errr, I'm probably neither (I don't think I need the close call, nor will I last long [Getting first CoD game Friday, [nonexcited yay]), so I'm probably going to have to pay attention to the weapon I choose.

On one hand, the intervention is much better through the scope, and the Glocks do benefit from faster reload, but on the other hand, I can't Aim through the sights of akimbo glocks, and I many need to be concerned about ammo.

F*ck it, Sleight of hand it is.

Since that is now done with, this is my planned sniper class:

Intervention: My Fav
W FMJ: Silencer & Acog sucks, Heartbeat sensor, Thermal, & LMags ares questionable
Glock: Benefits from perks, good akimbo gun, good movement gun
W Akimbo: It's glocks

Sleight of hand: Talked about it
Stopping power: Mandatory
Steady aim: Both guns benefit

Tactical insertion/Claymore: I am not sure which I should choose, the ability to spawn near my hidey hole or the ability to see one coming (note the word one)

Some special: No Idea, any Ideas

No seriously, any Ideas on the equipment and Special 'nade I should use?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd go with Semtex or Tactical Insertion for equipment and stuns for your special grenades.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
hihi ^^

Got Mw2 a few days ago, got ***** the first 5 or 6 hours getting used to the game, now i'm starting to get the hang of it, add me if you want to play sometime - TranZworld

Currently using 3 loadouts

Scar Bling w/ holographic + silencer
G18 w/ Holographic + silencer
Throwing knife
stuns
Bling Pro
Hardline pro
Scrambler pro

Wa2000/Intervention Bling w/ Heartbeat + FMJ
G18 w/ Holographic + silencer
Throwing knife
stuns
Bling Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Scrambler Pro/Ninja Pro

Ump45 w/ silencer
-AA- 12 w/ grip
Throwing knife
Stuns
Marathon Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Scrambler/Ninja pro

That last class is pretty ridiculous, gotten 3 nuke equivalents (haven't unlocked it yet :() Numerous AC130's and plenty of other crap. Love that last class. The other two are "real" classes :p.

Killstreaks right now are - Predator -> Harrier -> AC130.

Yeah.

Hope to see some Smashboards people on!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why Scrambler on a Sniper?

<or any gun for that matter

Charizard92

Smash Champion
It's a semi-ghost Sniper, I can find that out from the second perk (Cold blooded is a dead giveaway for a ghost class).

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Why Scrambler on a Sniper?

<or any gun for that matter
Usually it's only for the pro. delayed claymores is sex.

I don't know either, I have no trouble aiming, knifing, and I rarely see heartbeat sensors. And the "see explosives" is kinda useless in my opinion...

I guess it would be because I have no other perk that fits?

I do use it in combination for people that try to come get revenge on me though, they can't see me on radar w/ scrambler and I have a heartbeat so usually I can see them.

Just my opinion :p

EDIT: And yeah charizard, it's a ghost sniper class. All i did in CoD4 was snipe so having something like Cold-blooded makes me love sniping even more.

EDIT2: My grammar is terrible today :/

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Since we are here debating over guns, I'll give my opinions. :)

Best AR- M16 no questions asked.

Best SMG- I'm going to have to go with the UMP45.

Best LMG- Unless the M240 is better (I haven't used it yet), I'd definitely say the AUG HBAR.

Best Sniper- 50 Cal. or Intervention. I still don't know which of the two are better. The Intervention is definitely the one-shot gun of choice while the 50. Cal is amazing for both close range combat (rapid fire no-scopes) and long range. Personally I'll say 50 Cal.

Best Shotgun- Akimbo 1887's will destroy anything at close/medium close range that moves. They're that good.

Best Machine Pistol- Raffica. M16 with less range no questions asked.

I can't make an opinion on the handguns because (believe it or not) I've never used a single handgun in the multiplayer yet. I've fallen in love with Machine Pistols. lol

Top Bottom