• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

Just a Tiger Woods joke ;) Anyway, so we're all in agreement. SCAR is overrated and bad and it needs to be destroyed.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Hm, my general LMG build is:

LMG w/Grip
Stingers
Throwing Knives (I love these things)
Stuns
Sleight of Hand
Stopping Powah
Ninja (Personally I don't use any other tier 3s. I understand that some will use Steady Aim.)

I'm good with irons, and the Grip with Burst Firing makes it possible for me to take people out at like, Sniper Distance with these things. I'm usually able to get 15 kills before running out of ammo, but by that time I've probably died, so Scavenger isn't really needed. Sleight lets me reload when I'm nearly out of bullets without needing to hide for 7 hours. It also lets me bring up the irons faster, which is good since it's slow to ADS with LMGs.

I've been using the LSW and am nearly done with Veteran III on it. It kills in one bullet to the head, and two bullets out of range. It's very nice.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
FAMAS is my favorite gun ever. Any game that has it, I use it.

AA-12 should beast the other shotguns, but alas, MW2 isn't real life.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Hey guys... my xbox live just went all loco midmatch :mad: ... xD

I performed the diagnostic test... it said the xbox was connected to the network and internet... though it couldn't log onto Live.

Everything appears to be running fine... I unplugged and replugged everything, though it's still failing. Any ideas?

S

smash brawl player 99021

I have no clue. Maybe restart your Xbox or turn off your modem and turn it back on. that's all I have.

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
take the alternate mac address on your computer and put that into the xbox network settings. That should fix it. Happened to me a bunch of times

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Restart the modem, for starters. I had the same problem a long time ago, and resetting the modem fixed it.

S

smash brawl player 99021

HUZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! MY XBOX IS en ROUTE BACK TO MEEEEE <3

S

smash brawl player 99021

Ah cool another PS3 guy. Mines MrXBrightside

I'm usually on a lot.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys... my xbox live just went all loco midmatch :mad: ... xD

I performed the diagnostic test... it said the xbox was connected to the network and internet... though it couldn't log onto Live.

Everything appears to be running fine... I unplugged and replugged everything, though it's still failing. Any ideas?
This thread isn't for Xbox LIVE support.

Scar is freaking great.
I have newfound respect for you now. :chuckle:

HUZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! MY XBOX IS en ROUTE BACK TO MEEEEE <3
Please stop posting these kind of replies, thanks.

Ps3 is what i own. I use vector, 8 tenths and 23 penetration kills close to the mastery. Add me theprinceHepaid
Just added you and a few other members to the GTs/PSNs section of the thread.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Wow.

Anyways, I should have my Xbox back within a matter of days. Which is good of course. Then I can get back to playing.

Actually, SCAR isn't bad. It's just not good. It's in the middle.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
LOL there is no such thing as a bad assault rifle in this game... unless it's the FAL or F2000.
Truer words have never been typed.

The SCAR is incredibly underrated and one of the top three ARs in the game.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Woo! On the UPS Shipment tracker it said my Xbox was in Greensboro (My city).

Had a great match on Derail with Cyan_ earlier too. Got my Pavelow then went 17-0. Good match. Sucks that I have all my neato titles on my PS3 too. Oh well. At least I got some good setups and whatnot.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Finally someone who knows their stuff. :)

Top 3 ARs: SCAR, ACR, M16
Wow

Wow

That is my exact list. We have to play some time, F1ZZ. You only get 20 shots per mag because IW understands just how good the SCAR would be with 30. <3 Extended Mags.

Once my 360 gets back, I'll be going for the SCAR challenges. At the moment, I have everything for my AK-47, ACR, and M16.

And F8AL is going to team with me so I can finish Spec Ops.

S

smash brawl player 99021

:mad: when we have our consoles back, we can start our Search matches again. Oh how I have missed them. You have a mic now right? And did you get yours F8AL?

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
LOL there is no such thing as a bad assault rifle in this game... unless it's the FAL or F2000.
FAL isn't a bad weapon at all. Harder to use than a full auto rifle, yeah, but it's a strong-*** gun that kills with two bullets close range and three from far away without SP. Only thing bad about the gun is its iron sights, really.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
FAL isn't a bad weapon at all. Harder to use than a full auto rifle, yeah, but it's a strong-*** gun that kills with two bullets close range and three from far away without SP. Only thing bad about the gun is its iron sights, really.
It's the G3 of MW2. Semi-automatic rifle that is outclassed by every other rifle. It's not that it's bad, other guns are just so much better. The ACR, M16 and FAMAS beat it in long range and still don't suck as much up close.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Plus, unless you have a fast trigger finger, it won't be very good compared to some Auto guns. It's almost like the EBR with ACOG. What do you all think of the TMP? It's a secondary Machine Pistol. Such a small clip, I honestly think it's trash. And hey! As soon as my xbox is coming back, I reach the same level I was on my Xbox =___=

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I love the FAL.

But anyways, I've finished M4 Veteran III and am now using the FAMAS. It's so good.

Also, I've been trying a run and gun Sniper class. Any of you guys have a good class build for this? I know Mad does. ;)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
:mad: does indeed.

Barrett .50skill w/ Extended Mags
AA-12 w/ Extended Mags
Stuns x 2 / Tactical Insertion

Sleight of Hand
Stopping Power
Steady Aim/Ninja

It's the classic setup and the best sniper setup in general imo.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm just curious, why extended mags on a Sniper class? I'd just like to know why, considering ACOG would be more suited to a "run and gun" class.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm just curious, why extended mags on a Sniper class? I'd just like to know why, considering ACOG would be more suited to a "run and gun" class.
Extended Mags because nothing else is really useful when running and gunning. I use FMJ on the Intervention and Extended Mags on the Barrett. It helps to reload less in general. The ACOG is fine if you enjoy it, but my skill scope tends to malfunction and I like to avoid it.

S

smash brawl player 99021

But you're using Sleight of Hand. That would make reloading so fast, there would be no need for them. And I'm assuming it's Steady Aim Pro for the longer breath holding?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I just used a variation of the Sniping class and went like, 27-1 on Estate. It was sexy.

Also, the UMP is sooooooooo good. I just went 35-4 on Derail with it. I got all 3 of my killstreaks 3 times over the course of that game.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
But you're using Sleight of Hand. That would make reloading so fast, there would be no need for them. And I'm assuming it's Steady Aim Pro for the longer breath holding?
Doesn't matter. Sleight of Hand Pro is only useful on a sniper so you can be as quick as possible. Steady Aim is for the secondary weapon when you rush a spawn with your AA-12.

Breath holding is for campy Icys.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Scrambler = worst perk in the game

"lolz i'm gonna let my opponents know EXACTLY when i'm coming! and their awareness will be even higher than usual!"

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Scrambler is by far the worst perk in the game.

Especially when you find those people that use it in Search.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I love it when people use Scrambler. It's so bad.

I just had a godlike game with the Riot Shield on Skidrow. The people on my team backed me up so well. I was camping the doorway leading into the upper floor green room area and looking out over the concrete stairs and the lower level green room stairs. I soaked up a ridiculous amount of damage as my team continuously picked the guys off. I finished with over 10 assists. :)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Scrambler = worst perk in the game

"lolz i'm gonna let my opponents know EXACTLY when i'm coming! and their awareness will be even higher than usual!"
Scrambler is by far the worst perk in the game.

Especially when you find those people that use it in Search.
Agreed. As soon as I see my Hud map go staticy, I always start to be more vigilant. It's as if you can use it to your own advantage. Last Stand is more useful now too, considering you can crawl/use more weapons. I never use it however. Just an observation.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
While the UMP may seem good, any gun in the Sub Machine class is rather weak compared to other classes. They suffer in both close and far range combat. And even in mid range, an Assault rifle, such as the Scar or ACR, work so much better. These guns work well when your opponent doesn't see you first, is all.

I'm a user of the Sub Machine Guns. This is what I've found. Although, I usually throw Silencer in, and I know this ruins the gun's killing power in range and number of bullets it takes.

Deception

Smash Ace
So, right now I'm trying to make a class that fits the killing style of Ladd Russo (guy in my avvy, psychotic 30's gangster). Shotguns are mandatory, but I'm trying to decide which shotguns would work best. Spas-12? Also, any tips for perks and other weapons?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Marathon, Cold Blooded, and Steady Aim if you want aggro SPAS-12 gameplay.

All the shotguns are good. None of them are bad.

Top Bottom