• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

Leafy's got it right.

So, I've now started using the ACOG on my Intervention for my run and gun Sniper class. It was godlike. I went like, 17-2 on Afghan. I do put a normal scope on it for Wasteland, though I still run and gun there. I just need a better zoom.

ACOG Sniper <3
THANK YOU.

I'm using the MP5 in Search since I'm just camping, and it's alright. It reeeeeally needs a silencer though.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Icy do you play regular search or hardcore search?

I've never been a fan of regular tbh :p..

A friend of mine got hit by one of those new hacks T_T. He broke his disk in half and raged for like half an hour. Poor kid.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I wanna know just how I get an emblem (bronze or gold, don't matter) with the weapon's name at the bottom of the emblem.

I am the only one in my group without one, only because I switch amongst a variety of weapons. The only one I have the most kills are my SCAR and UMP. Both hovering around 500, but the thing is, I want to get it for the UMP because someone already has the SCAR emblem.:embarrass

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You need to prestige to get the challenges. I believe you can get the golden ones with the Cross for 10th prestige from CoD4 by getting all the attachments for a gun.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Icy do you play regular search or hardcore search?

I've never been a fan of regular tbh :p..

A friend of mine got hit by one of those new hacks T_T. He broke his disk in half and raged for like half an hour. Poor kid.
I play either or. Whichever I'm in the mood for really.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
If you guys havn't heard yet, New Super Mario Bros Wii outsold COD MW 2

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Good on Nintendo for selling a good product.

If Mario could have Danger Close, I'd consider buying it.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Omg... I had 24 kills on wasteland with my nuke on. Im sniping and I see a guy and he also sees me. Next thing my grandfather walks in front of the TV and asked me how my day was. End result, I died. :(

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Stop going for nukes, man.

You'll enjoy the game a lot more.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
A nuke from a Care Package.

I figured that would be obvious.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Omg... I had 24 kills on wasteland with my nuke on. Im sniping and I see a guy and he also sees me. Next thing my grandfather walks in front of the TV and asked me how my day was. End result, I died. :(
So how was your day today, F1ZZ? I've had similar experiences. I'm going to get better, get all my guns and whatnot done, then go for a Nuke. I started using a good class for Search too.

MP5k-Silenced
SPAS-Silenced

Stuns
Throwing Knife

Marathon
Luigiweight
Commando (I haven't unlocked Ninja yet ;_;)

I sometimes get lucky kills with the Throwing Knife, and it's usually good for some situations for Search. Once I level up though, I'll put Cold blooded/Ninja On.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and 'elevators'.
- Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency. (PC-ONLY)
- Fixes to prevent various texture hacks (PC-ONLY)
- Fix to prevent various XP hacks, including the prevention of obtaining negative XP.

Those are all the fixes coming with the next patch.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
For camo, I'm at Fall for

ACR
AK-47
M16
Intervention

Blue Tiger

TAR-21
SCAR-H
Barrett .50skill

Almost there.

39 more for my Red Tiger Barrett.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
W2000, Just seems inferior to every other sniper out there, IMO.
How is this gun bad

Intervention is the worst sniper due to not being able to spam it
---
More input on snipers:

W2000 and M21 EBR make for the best ghost snipers due to high fire rate (silencer equipped and CB since Stopping Power does not affect these guns)

and Barrett is for 1 shot kills. it's like a superior intervention all around with higher fire rate and mag size.
---
tl;dr, lol at people who use intervention

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Funny how the Intervention players often have better scores than anyone using an M21 or W2000.

Grunt

Smash Master
Intervention is the best.
or maybe second best, to the Barrett.
the m21 and w2000 aren't as strong, and spamming the rifle is almost never necessary.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
The two ghost snipers are spammable with very low recoil. M21 EBR has lower recoil so it makes for an even more spammable gun from far away. I'm just saying it's another option available to you. Some people like that zoomed in scope.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/

Also, just compare the stats of the Barrett to the Intervention. It's just better overall in mag size and fire rate. Granted it's a really small advantage, but still
===
(okay, maybe I was too harsh on the poor intervention; sorry int users :/)
===
BLEARGH 2nd edit: I guess it's up to the user then - ignore my ramblings

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
On the Xbox 360. Not overall sales. (i.e. PS3 and PC)

A nuke from a Care Package.

I figured that would be obvious.
Well, it is Infinity Ward. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed nukes to be obtained from care packages. This shows they have some idea on how to balance their game.

They better effing patch that marathon luigiweight commando care package thing or i'm gonna staple someone to a sink.
...if you read one of my previous posts on the patch that Infinity Ward is working on right now for the Xbox 360 and PS3, (PC version has already been patched) then you would already know... :urg:

- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and 'elevators'.
- Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency. (PC-ONLY)
- Fixes to prevent various texture hacks (PC-ONLY)
- Fix to prevent various XP hacks, including the prevention of obtaining negative XP.

Those are all the fixes coming with the next patch.
Thanks for the copy pasta.

Intervention is the worst sniper due to not being able to spam it
Yeah, as if you need to spam a sniper rifle...bolt rifle sniper rifles > semi automatic ones. (for core, at least)

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
They shouldn't remove care package sprinting. It's basically a different way of using the reward of a care package.

I guess if they removed the bonus afterwards it would be balanced.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Made a few changes to my SMG class, and it works great! One of my favorite classes by far!

P90 (or UMP45) @Silencer
USP @Silencer

Semtax
Flash grenade x2

Marathon pro
Cold-blooded pro
Ninja pro

Basically you run around the map like a mad man (completely unheard or seen) and flank the enemy team from behind. This setup works GREAT whenever the opposing team gets a UAV.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I prefer

AK w/ Grenade Launcher
RPG x 2
Stuns / Semtex

Scavenger Pro
Danger Close Pro
Ninja Pro

Predator
Harrier
Stealth Bomber/AC130.

Danger Close pro is soooooo gooodddddd.

Semtax hahaha

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Made a few changes to my SMG class, and it works great! One of my favorite classes by far!

P90 (or UMP45) @Silencer
USP @Silencer

Semtax
Flash grenade x2

Marathon pro
Cold-blooded pro
Ninja pro

Basically you run around the map like a mad man (completely unheard or seen) and flank the enemy team from behind. This setup works GREAT whenever the opposing team gets a UAV.
What were you using before? I thought this was the best SMG build. :laugh:

Hit detection needs to be fixed. All matches I've used the riot shield in today have had STUPID deaths. This guy with a P90 stood there and sprayed at the center of the shield and I died. By a headshot.

Another time this guy with an RPD shot at my shield. I watched the killcam and I was TURNED AROUND. Backwards. I don't back into rooms. That's so dumb.

Lag. D:

S

smash brawl player 99021

P90 (or UMP45) @Silencer
USP @Silencer

Semtax
Flash grenade x2

Marathon pro
Cold-blooded pro
Ninja pro

Care to explain about the Pistol? I think a silenced PP2K would be better.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Care to explain about the Pistol? I think a silenced PP2K would be better.
The USP switches faster and doesn't run out of a clip as quickly as a PP2000. Although if you're a bad player, then by all means, use a PP2000.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Why does using a PP2000 make me a bad player? Please explain.

Top Bottom