• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I feel like the spawn system in MW2 is good enough that the One Man Army Danger Close stuff should not be killing you. It's just the poor map design. Take Rundown or Terminal for example. 2-3 entrances to each spawn. You should only be killed if you have a full party covering each choke point. The 3 bridges of Rundown and two hallways of Terminal are nightmares to go down if you have 4 snipers, one SMG guy covering the snipers, and a Danger Close OMA guy keeping B safe at all times.

Although Deltacod and I made a few discoveries the other day so it should be good.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I feel like the spawn system in MW2 is good enough that the One Man Army Danger Close stuff should not be killing you. It's just the poor map design. Take Rundown or Terminal for example. 2-3 entrances to each spawn. You should only be killed if you have a full party covering each choke point. The 3 bridges of Rundown and two hallways of Terminal are nightmares to go down if you have 4 snipers, one SMG guy covering the snipers, and a Danger Close OMA guy keeping B safe at all times.

Although Deltacod and I made a few discoveries the other day so it should be good.
Just like Highrise. You get Spawn ***** soooo much there.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The problem with getting spawn ***** is people don't know how to deal with it. In most instances, a simple riot shield could provide enough confusion in the enemy's set up that a hole could be created for your team to get out. Unfortunately, most people don't know how to do this effectively.

I played CTF yesterday with a near full party of friends. It was soooo funny. This one game my cousin got the flag with a Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, Steady Aim, and RPD class. The amount of shouting everyone was doing to motivate his slow *** to run was great.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Eww Third Person. I've never really bothered playing it, I figured it'd be dumb.

odam. 969th post. I'll be sure to give this thread my 1,000th!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I noticed you started with Thermal on Scrapyard... but it jumped to Skidrow before you even moved. Although that was mostly hardscoping, I'm looking forward to this.

Good stuff.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I noticed you started with Thermal on Scrapyard... but it jumped to Skidrow before you even moved. Although that was mostly hardscoping, I'm looking forward to this.

Good stuff.
The beginning was major hardscoping. Some other scenes had hardscoping, I'm still new at the game though, I've only had it for one month, so I'm still getting used to quickscoping. I'm glad you liked it though :)

The full version will be all quickscopes, I think.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The problem with getting spawn ***** is people don't know how to deal with it. In most instances, a simple riot shield could provide enough confusion in the enemy's set up that a hole could be created for your team to get out. Unfortunately, most people don't know how to do this effectively.
You see, that's smart team play. If you had to take a guess, what percentage of average MW2 players do think play as a team? I'd say about 1%, and I'm not one of them...

EDIT: 5 stars for you OPHY. Another fellow thermal sniper! :)

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
lol real gamer.

I just switch to thermal like a day ago. Everyone gives you a hard time for it, but I really don't care. The animation is a few frames faster then the regular scope, so it helps out for quick scoping.

I like it ;)

day-day

Smash Ace
My M16A4's been bugging me lately when trying to kill from far away, depending on the map I'll use either the thermal or the acog. When trying to kill far away it seems as if I have to go through a whole mag just to get 1-2 kills which isn't good :(. Any ideas on what to do? Will fixing the sensitivity help?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sounds more like a sensitivity issue. Try changing it slightly to see what feels most comfortable with you, because it changes with each person.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
My M16A4's been bugging me lately when trying to kill from far away, depending on the map I'll use either the thermal or the acog. When trying to kill far away it seems as if I have to go through a whole mag just to get 1-2 kills which isn't good :(. Any ideas on what to do? Will fixing the sensitivity help?
There's your problem. I'd only use the RDS or holo sights for the M16.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
I like using the ACOG with the FAMAS, mostly since my luck with snipers is terrible, they keep living when I shoot them with the intervention. (PC version)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Wow I just had one of my biggest comeback games yet. I was playing Domination on Invasion and I was using my Anti-Air class. I was freaking 6-12 at around the middle of the game, and our whole team was getting destroyed. And believe me, I never go that negative. So I was about to rage quit the game, but then I decided to try sniping (THERMAL .50 Cal FTW).

I camped a position and patiently waited for my kills. Soon after, I got my UAV. First killstreak. The UAV helped me out with spotting the opposing team and I eventually got my Precision Air Strike (6 kills). I placed a good one and got 2 kills from it, which got me an emergency air drop (8 kills). Dropped the EAD marker, and I got both a Harrier Strike and a Pavelow, which I immediately send out out.

After that, I pretty much had my camping spot down. The opposing team attempted to rush me a couple of times, but their efforts were either sniped down by me, or shot down by air support. I ended the game (even though we lost) 27-12, which I thought was amazing for how bad my team and I were doing at first.

Tl;dr- I started the game amazingly bad (6-12) and ended great (27-12). Moral of the story is to NEVER quit my fellow MW2ers!

Story of my life
-TRG

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I always quit because I hate this game.

Not trolling, I have a win/loss ratio of 0.30 or something because I leave bad games.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
^
Wow, our first PC MW2 player.
Only got it a few days ago, I also have the 360 version. Just my TV is bad so I can't see things that are like 10 feet away from me, so it pisses me off.

But at least I have friends on the 360 version, only one friend for the PC version, same person who convinced me to buy it.

It's strange, I loved the Scar on the 360 and enjoyed moving around a lot but on the PC I'm more of a slow mover and I use the FAMAS and RPD mostly.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Why do harriers shoot down my chopper gunners? That doesn't make any sense. I got more kills than that person, why do they get the advantage for having a care package and hardline?

And why don't they patch that 'move 4 times as fast when you hold a care package' glitch? And atleast make killstreaks take 1 more stinger to knock down. I got 7 kills yet don't worry a crappy stinger will make all my effort useless.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I thought everyone realized that Harriers are absurdly overpowered for the amount of kills they take to get. That being said, if you play with at least one friend, you should just tell them to shoot it down for you.

I'm pretty sure that they only shoot down air support that was there before they came into the map though, but I could be wrong.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
What I wonder is how come the ATS or whatever the first rocket is called is incapable of taking out a plane. Seems almost useless.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Why do harriers shoot down my chopper gunners? That doesn't make any sense. I got more kills than that person, why do they get the advantage for having a care package and hardline?

And why don't they patch that 'move 4 times as fast when you hold a care package' glitch? And atleast make killstreaks take 1 more stinger to knock down. I got 7 kills yet don't worry a crappy stinger will make all my effort useless.
They patched Care Package glitches already. Also, you should just shoot down Harriers first. They're not that hard to shoot down.

What I wonder is how come the ATS or whatever the first rocket is called is incapable of taking out a plane. Seems almost useless.
They can take down UAV/CUAV. =D

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Good thing 99% of MW2 players are ****ing ******* who don't realize that shooting down air support will help them not get *****. But wait, 90% of MW2 players are **** anyways, even without them being **** on by a Harrier/Pave Low/CG/AC130.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Good thing 99% of MW2 players are ****ing ******* who don't realize that shooting down air support will help them not get *****. But wait, 90% of MW2 players are **** anyways, even without them being **** on by a Harrier/Pave Low/CG/AC130.
Whenever I have a team of idiots that don't shoot down air support, I usually just switch to my Cold Blooded class and camp like a *****.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I actually like the TMP for my Sniper Class. With Sleight Of Hand, it reloads super quickly. And it's incredibly accurate. Although, the small clip size is a negative.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I thought everyone realized that Harriers are absurdly overpowered for the amount of kills they take to get. That being said, if you play with at least one friend, you should just tell them to shoot it down for you.

I'm pretty sure that they only shoot down air support that was there before they came into the map though, but I could be wrong.
I think they only patched the infinite care package glitch rather than the x4 movement one. There's been atleast 2 patches where they couldve removed it.

Also it takes about 10 minutes for the gunner to reach the map on scrapyard. I hid, summoned it, heard ENEMY HARRIERS INCOMING! And watched as both airstrike went off and the harrier managed to reach the map, take aim, and knock my gunner out the sky before i'd even reached the map.

Lower killstreaks should not be better than higher ones.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I think they only patched the infinite care package glitch rather than the x4 movement one. There's been atleast 2 patches where they couldve removed it.

Also it takes about 10 minutes for the gunner to reach the map on scrapyard. I hid, summoned it, heard ENEMY HARRIERS INCOMING! And watched as both airstrike went off and the harrier managed to reach the map, take aim, and knock my gunner out the sky before i'd even reached the map.

Lower killstreaks should not be better than higher ones.
They already patched it. Welcome to last week.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Good. Took their time.

I obviously don't play this game that much.
They only took their time because people found multiple ways to continue doing it, and they needed to fix that as well.

Anyone going to be online tonight? I know I will ;) And I just realized I have 600 posts in this thread. Wowzers.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
I'll join you guys if you guys don't mind, but I'm not sure if I'll be around.

And 600 posts in this thread. That's more then I even have.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Hehe, it's not like it matters anyway. I am sooo sick of people just going for Weapon Challenges in Hardcore Team Deathmatch. Half the time, it's people going for Pistol kills, and pistol kills alone.

HEY. Everyone. We need Mike Myers. tonight. ASAP. Go.

Top Bottom