• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Wait you were on? I wasn't paying attention to who got on and stuff D:

One game my second death is to some guy with a type sitting somewhere.

*switches to super tryhard ******* type 95 fmg akimbo class*

*goes 66-10*

Meh..........

Edit: For those interested, here's the spawn logic coding or mw3

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sorry about the late update:

"Making some #MW3 tweaks tonight (2AMish). Nerf Akimbo Machine Pistols (including FMG9s) w/ reduce rate of fire. Adding Hardcore HQ and FFA."

From fourzerotwo's twitter account, was posted on the 24th.

Fletch

Smash Master
Been running around with the Barrett just spamming and doing alright. Why doesn't everyone just use this gun? I'm sure everyone hates me, but man does this thing ****. Sure, I don't use it as a Sniper, but doesn't mean it doesn't do the job.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Been running around with the Barrett just spamming and doing alright. Why doesn't everyone just use this gun? I'm sure everyone hates me, but man does this thing ****. Sure, I don't use it as a Sniper, but doesn't mean it doesn't do the job.
This sure seems to hurt Wretched's argument that no one is doing well with snipers, thanks for helping the argument against quickscoping, lol.

Fletch

Smash Master
I think akimbo FMG9s are worse, but I have fairly limited experience thus far... just trying to **** around as much as possible and have fun for now. I have always loved quick-scoping as I think it takes more skill than using the autos/shotties, but it does seem very good in this game.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I think akimbo FMG9s are worse, but I have fairly limited experience thus far... just trying to **** around as much as possible and have fun for now. I have always loved quick-scoping as I think it takes more skill than using the autos/shotties, but it does seem very good in this game.
Skill is irrelevant to my argument. Regardless of whether or not it takes skill to quickscope, a sniper rifle shouldn't be effective at close range, that's the job of the shotgun/smg.

Fletch

Smash Master
Ya I agree with you for the most part, but I have fun with it. COD games are never exactly balanced though any way.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
You all complain about the sniper not being "realistic" with being effective at close range, and then say things like it should do less damage close range. Yeah. That makes sense. It's not like someone with a sniper rifle couldn't shoot you close range. And it is less effective at close range, you hit them or you'll probably die. Good luck trying to survive if you run into 2 people at the same time.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
You all complain about the sniper not being "realistic" with being effective at close range, and then say things like it should do less damage close range. Yeah. That makes sense. It's not like someone with a sniper rifle couldn't shoot you close range. And it is less effective at close range, you hit them or you'll probably die. Good luck trying to survive if you run into 2 people at the same time.
Lol, we never said anything about "realism" its about game balance.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
You didn't say it, but that's the reason you rage about snipers being able to kill close range. Because in reality, they are long range weapons. But even though they can kill close range (which they should definitely be able, their bullets are larger and come out with more force) they are in no way better than ARs or SMGs in terms of utility or ease.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That's not why we're irritated, Saudi. We're irritated because they are capable of much more profitable use than their primary purpose: Sniping from afar. Realism or not, for sake of balance, snipers should perform that well in close prxoximity encounters. It's absurd.

I argue against it, but I love to run snipers for that reason. Lack of balance can be fun to exploit, but that doesn't mean I'm going to act oblivious.:applejack:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Don't bother with it Grandeza. They can ***** and moan about something that isn't as good as everything else in the game, even when using a sniper puts you at a disadvantage at close range against every other gun in the game.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Spraying a barret at close range is not quickscoping.
I never heard Fletch say that he sprayed with the barret. I've sniped with the barret and I don't spray with it.

@Wretched, you still don't seem to be able to grasp my point. My point is the sniper shouldn't be that effective at close range. I don't care if it takes skill or not to quickscope, my point is the sniper shouldn't be that effective at close range.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I said nothing about skill.
The disadvantage isn't big enough. If you're decent at quickscoping you can overcome the disadvantage. Quickscoping should be like it was in Black Ops, it was incredibly difficult to do which meant that if you actually encountered a sniper at close range, that sniper would be at a huge disadvantage unless they switched to their secondary weapon.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
I never heard Fletch say that he sprayed with the barret. I've sniped with the barret and I don't spray with it.

@Wretched, you still don't seem to be able to grasp my point. My point is the sniper shouldn't be that effective at close range. I don't care if it takes skill or not to quickscope, my point is the sniper shouldn't be that effective at close range.
But the sniper isn't "effective" at close range. Yes, it is capable of killing close range, but that doesn't make it effective. You can't strafe, you can't deal with more than 1 person effectively, you have a longer aim time and should only get 1 shot (if that) in an even gunfight just puts you at a disadvantage to almost anything else. Even when people do good with snipers, they don't impact the game nearly as much as if they were to use an AR or SMG because you just can't do as much as effectively. There are hardly any long range engagements with the maps anyway.

Nerfing a sniper to only be good at long range wouldn't reduce it from overpowered to a usable gun, it would nerf it from a usable gun to pointless. Just because you get frustated more getting killed by a sniper doesn't make it OP compared to other guns in the game.

Fletch

Smash Master
To be honest, I spray it or quickscope depending on the situation. I currently suck though and just started and still don't know the maps, so please don't use me for evidence on anything. I just find it fun, the Barrett is a damn cannon.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
So sniper shenanigans aside, I haven't really played this game in a month and it doesn't seem like very many people on here enjoy it too much. I went and played black ops yesterday and enjoyed it a lot more than I usually do playing MW3. Do you all still play this game much despite the rage or is everyone playing other things?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So sniper shenanigans aside, I haven't really played this game in a month and it doesn't seem like very many people on here enjoy it too much. I went and played black ops yesterday and enjoyed it a lot more than I usually do playing MW3. Do you all still play this game much despite the rage or is everyone playing other things?
I've gone back to the older CoD titles.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I actually really enjoy this game. I play Black ops a bit and I admittedly prefer it. I have a strong dislike for MW2 and a strong love for CoD 4

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I prefer Blops over this, definitely. Too many reasons to enumerate.:applejack:

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Really wish they could put Kill Confirmed into Black Ops. It'll probably be in the next one coming out, but I don't think I'll put out more money for another one.

Fletch

Smash Master
Am I the only one that didn't really like Black Ops? Maybe it's just me, but the trend for these games always seems to be that the current title is hated. Happened with MW2 and BO quite a bit on this site any way.

Top Bottom