• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Grandeza

Smash Master
So is Infinity Ward also doing the multiplayer? i remember there was some rumor about other companies working on the multiplayer.

D

Deleted member

If I recall, a company called Raven Software is handling MW3's multiplayer.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
England trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG_JegQ2GhQ

Can any of you fine UK players confirm that that's Cardiff in the trailer?

/DoctorWho nerdgasm
England..?

How ironic that one of their main(?) characters, Soap, is Scottish yet they stupidly decide to call the UK England.

Minus about as much rep as I can muster IW. Minus rep indeed.

Also Odin that's London in the trailer. They mention Westminster, then pass the London Eye and Big Ben.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It's actually good that the single player campaign story has been leaked. If it's indeed true, then they can use this time between now and when the game launches to gauge gamers opinions/reaction and to change it.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
England..?

How ironic that one of their main(?) characters, Soap, is Scottish yet they stupidly decide to call the UK England.

Minus about as much rep as I can muster IW. Minus rep indeed.

Also Odin that's London in the trailer. They mention Westminster, then pass the London Eye and Big Ben.
I recognized the ferris wheel; Thought that was Cardiff, but my bad.

Ah, one day I'll go to England. <3

Make my way up through Ireland and Scotland too. It's gotta be in the same trip. :3

S

smash brawl player 99021

F8AL have you not read my tirade on how much MW2 sucks?
Honestly I'd rather be killed by a Grenade launcher than some gent sitting in a corner with a 74u. >_>

They don't have the time/ability to prevent all hackers from toying with stuff anyway. And it's not like people didn't instantly vote Fuel anyway. >.>.>.>.>.>.>.>

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Honestly I'd rather be killed by a Grenade launcher than some gent sitting in a corner with a 74u. >_>

They don't have the time/ability to prevent all hackers from toying with stuff anyway. And it's not like people didn't instantly vote Fuel anyway. >.>.>.>.>.>.>.>
I understand that you can't deal with all the hackers. But IW could have at least made an effort like Treyarch does. Treyarch doesn't tolerate hackers, and I think that's great honestly. People not voting Fuel still doesn't excuse IW from being lazy. Plus they never patched One Man Army either. MW2 could have been great if IW patched the game. Which is another reason why I like Treyarch, they actually patch the game. If Treyarch was lazy like IW was with MW2, Black Ops would still have all the glitches and problems that it did on day 1. Not that I'm saying Black Ops is perfect, but it just seemed like IW didn't care at all.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Go into great detail on why Infinity Ward cannot make a good multiplayer experience.

It's not like they aren't the best in the business. They didn't create one of the largest gaming communities out there or anything. Their game isn't played to this day or anything. If there's one thing I will defend, it's that CoD4 and MW2 have more value and replayability than WaW/BO.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Go into great detail on why Infinity Ward cannot make a good multiplayer experience.

It's not like they aren't the best in the business. They didn't create one of the largest gaming communities out there or anything. Their game isn't played to this day or anything. If there's one thing I will defend, it's that CoD4 and MW2 have more value and replayability than WaW/BO.
Not for me, I can barely play MW2 without getting annoyed by something. I just can't stand that game. MW1 I can't really say anything about since I didn't buy it when it first came out. But I find that WaW is still pretty good. I know that not many people liked it but I still found it to be a good game. I'll take WaW/BO over MW1/MW2 any day(especially over MW2).

Edit: Though I will admit that IW is better at making good campaigns.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I actually disagree with that last statement, :mad:. I enjoyed WaW more than CoD4, and I enjoy BO exponentially more than MW2. I broke one controller, and severely damaged the other from MW2, yet I haven't come close to that in BO.

Infinity Ward made two great multiplayer experiences, they just happened to be broken on a fundamental level that can't really be fixed. One much more than the other.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Not for me, I can barely play MW2 without getting annoyed by something. I just can't stand that game. MW1 I can't really say anything about since I didn't buy it when it first came out. But I find that WaW is still pretty good. I know that not many people liked it but I still found it to be a good game. I'll take WaW/BO over MW1/MW2 any day(especially over MW2).

Edit: Though I will admit that IW is better at making good campaigns.
there's thousands of people playing MW2 and CoD4 nowadays.
There's about one thousand playing WaW

MW2 and COD4 were REVOLUTIONARY, SON!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
There's no MW1, just Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

WaW had a bad past when it came to hacking and glitching. Even today, it's plagued by infections. Today alone, I went into 6 games of War and every time, we had the god mode aim bot children. Back in the day, this would be patched in a week and a half or so.

The selection of guns was rather poor, the perks were useless and the tanks were a huge problem. There were so many glitches and it was near unplayable at times. CoD4 some consider timeless, I'm indifferent. I like all the CoD games. It just happens that Infinity Ward made the more solid games. MW2 and CoD4 have unique ways of mixing it up, that's why they hold a special place in my heart. World at War was made using CoD4's engine and they managed to screw up several things. (ie. the knife system, scopes on snipers and maps.)

I only have faith in this game because they brought a new company to the table. One little change could reignite my love for this series. Who knows, maybe it'll just be another Black Ops to me.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Thousands playing CoD4? Last time I checked on that game, not that many played that game. I honestly never experienced infection lobbies in WaW but then I also didn't play in the War playlist. So I'll take your word for it. I'm still hoping MW3 will be good, but until I learn what the perks are, I'm not so sure about it. There had better be no One Man Army, Commando, or Danger Close, and hopefully no Last Stand/ Second Chance.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Infinity Ward is not afraid to risk it all. Treyarch played it safe with Black Ops. They should feel lucky that a lot of WaW was already done for them. Black Ops is running off a modified WaW engine which is a modified CoD4 engine. Infinity Ward revolutionized the shooter market with CoD4. (Introduced perks and kill streaks.)

This is why I prefer IW over Treyarch.

:phone:

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I have some time...

there's thousands of people playing MW2 and CoD4 nowadays.
There's about one thousand playing WaW
True, but most of the people playing those games are just people who wanna do the stupid **** they could do in CoD4/MW2 (ie. Quickscoping, Riot Shields, etc.), which they can't do in BO.

Also, in the one year lifespan of WaW, it pretty much always had more players than CoD4. There were a lot of people who went back to CoD4, which I never really understood why, considering that MP40 was the only real problem in that game.

MW2 and COD4 were REVOLUTIONARY, SON![/QUOTE]

CoD4 was revolutionary. MW2 was revolutionary at finding new ways to rage at a video game, nothing more.

There's no MW1, just Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
That's just unnecessary. Don't be a ****.

WaW had a bad past when it came to hacking and glitching. Even today, it's plagued by infections. Today alone, I went into 6 games of War and every time, we had the god mode aim bot children. Back in the day, this would be patched in a week and a half or so.
CoD4 HAS the exact same problem to date with hackers, people walking in the sky, getting into places that people aren't normally able to enter, etc. I personally didn't run into one hacked lobby when I played WaW, but I don't doubt it.

The selection of guns was rather poor, the perks were useless and the tanks were a huge problem. There were so many glitches and it was near unplayable at times. CoD4 some consider timeless, I'm indifferent. I like all the CoD games. It just happens that Infinity Ward made the more solid games. MW2 and CoD4 have unique ways of mixing it up, that's why they hold a special place in my heart. World at War was made using CoD4's engine and they managed to screw up several things. (ie. the knife system, scopes on snipers and maps.)
Asides from the fact that WaW runs on the CoD4 engine, this is completely subjective. There were some perks that weren't as good as others, but that's the same in every game. I liked how much the knife sucked in WaW, and the snipers were much harder to use, which I also liked.

Just my view, though.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Thousands playing CoD4? Last time I checked on that game, not that many played that game. I honestly never experienced infection lobbies in WaW but then I also didn't play in the War playlist. So I'll take your word for it. I'm still hoping MW3 will be good, but until I learn what the perks are, I'm not so sure about it. There had better be no One Man Army, Commando, or Danger Close, and hopefully no Last Stand/ Second Chance.
Thousands play CoD4, so few play WaW. On a Wednesday in Modern Warfare 2, I remember seeing 61,000+. There's a reason for that.

Infection lobbies only recently became popular after a certain youtuber discovered it can be easily done without a JTAG. You'll often see their channel in the left corner in rainbow letters and they'll be flying through the air, invincible.

Every game had it's version of Last Stand, there's been a Stopping Power or Ghost in them all, and a ridiculous knife system.

One Man Army = MP40 w/ Round Drum
Danger Close = Tanks
Commando = Dogs

My point being, all 4 had something that ruined it. The main seller of IW is the ability to cope with those. CoD4 had bounces, arguably the best Michael Myers + Cops and Robbers, fair sniping and memorable maps. MW2 gave us new goodies like Riot Shields, Javelins, Care Packages, pro perks, and new attachments.

WaW was a less creative CoD4. They tried their best with Black Ops, but what did we get out of it? A time limit for the already underpowered grenade launchers? Same ****, different disc.

--

Also, in the one year lifespan of WaW, it pretty much always had more players than CoD4. There were a lot of people who went back to CoD4, which I never really understood why, considering that MP40 was the only real problem in that game.
WaW was the newer game, people always migrate for a short time until they decide where to take refuge. It's like that with Black Ops, only reason why it hits 6 digits every day now.

That's just unnecessary. Don't be a ****.
Just a little nitpick, my apologies. :p

CoD4 HAS the exact same problem to date with hackers, people walking in the sky, getting into places that people aren't normally able to enter, etc. I personally didn't run into one hacked lobby when I played WaW, but I don't doubt it.
CoD4 experiences the same hacking to a lesser extent. It's more of a 10 to 1 ratio I think. Mainly because of the nature of WaW. On CoD4, you only get lobbies where the host has the aimbot and invincibility. In WaW, everyone can fly, anyone can get a colored name that spins around and lights up and it does all this crazy stuff.

Both games are broken, but CoD4 isn't on the same level as WaW.

Asides from the fact that WaW runs on the CoD4 engine, this is completely subjective. There were some perks that weren't as good as others, but that's the same in every game. I liked how much the knife sucked in WaW, and the snipers were much harder to use, which I also liked.

Just my view, though.
I was actually waiting on the subjective comment.

You were limited to 5 snipers that were essentially the same, 2 mediocre shotguns, some crappy rifles, the glorious SMGs, and the slow moving, slow to reload, slow to kill LMGs. It was poor selection because of the lack of variety, call that subjective if you will.

Perks like Juggernaut gave you resistance to every kind of damage you received. Perks like Shades protected you from one type of special grenade. There was no reason to use any other perks. And my gripe about the maps were that there were so many exploits in comparison to other games. You could glitch your way onto so many absurd buildings.

Just my thoughts though.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Anyone who tries to argue that WaW > CoD 4 needs to be slapped multiple times.

BO > MW2 is debatable but I personally believe MW2 is the superior game glitches aside.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I really don't think that many people play CoD4 now because there were barely any lobbies outside of Team Deathmatch last time I played.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I really don't think that many people play CoD4 now because there were barely any lobbies outside of Team Deathmatch last time I played.
Team Deathmatch is the standard for every game out there, it's always the most popular. Just for you though, I'll double check now.

As of 12:17 am Eastern,

CoD4: 4,009
WaW: 1,306
MW2: 128,381
Black Ops: 502,296

Go to bed Tim, you're supposed to give us more time to argue! :mad:

Anyway, I might be speculating here, but I just know they're gonna ruin the Riot Shield if they bring it back.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
ok so more people play cod4 than waw. Still I prefer Treyarch over IW for the most part. Though if IW actually fixes stuff this time and doesn't tolerate hackers like they did in MW2 then I probably would have a more positive opinion of them.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
All I'll say is that WaW and BLops have been riding the coat tails of CoD4 and Mw2, respectively.

More or less same engine, with tweaks.

IW does some good things Treyarch hasn't, and vice versa.

You like the games or you don't, and I'm not saying one is better or not. I just prefer Blops over MW2. Nor am I saying you're wrong for liking one over the other.

I'm curious to see what MW3 will bring to the table. But I'mnot holding my breath. It's ANOTHER CoD. I expect more of the same, really.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Words on the street is, there's going to be helicopters. In which case I won't be buying this game.

Oh who am I kidding why would they have flying vehicles...?

They wouldn't do that, right...?

Right...?

Please dear god let me be right...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I hope the killstreaks aren't as powerful this time around I miss that about CoD4 the game was more about gunfights and teamwork as opposed to just racking up the highest killstreaks possible to get that Pavelow/Chopper Gunner.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I just want One Man Army, Danger Close, Commando, and Last Stand/Second Chance gone(though I doubt they will take out the last one). I also want them to not tolerate hackers.

Edit: Also the grenade launcher attachment itself being removed would be awesome but I highly doubt that will ever happen in any CoD game.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
W@W was better than CoD4 for one reason: Bolt Action Rifles.

Aw yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

As far as MW3 goes, I want my BA Rifles back, a Riot Shield, a Javelin, and Commando.

Turtle Beaches >>>>>>>> Commando.

D

Deleted member

I just want One Man Army, Danger Close, Commando, and Last Stand/Second Chance gone(though I doubt they will take out the last one). I also want them to not tolerate hackers.
OMA, Danger Close, and Last Stand are the best perks ever my man. That's my classic S&D class, TAR-21 noob tube Akimbo Deagles with those perks. Broken gameplay made MW2, and I hope it continues.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
W@W was better than CoD4 for one reason: Bolt Action Rifles.

Aw yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

As far as MW3 goes, I want my BA Rifles back, a Riot Shield, a Javelin, and Commando.

Turtle Beaches >>>>>>>> Commando.
BROFIST.

The only non-bolt action rifle I love and have mad respect for is the M4 Garand. <3

In NJROTC, back in the day, we used decommisioned Garands for armed drill team. Love that gun.

And I noticed you're a fan of the M1911. You're a man after my heart Delta. :D I hope to own one someday.

OMA, Danger Close, and Last Stand are the best perks ever my man. That's my classic S&D class, TAR-21 noob tube Akimbo Deagles with those perks. Broken gameplay made MW2, and I hope it continues.
People like you are the reason I hated MW2.
This guy has to be trolling. There's just no other explanation.

D

Deleted member

Man, it'd be cool if Bolt-Actions came back. Destroying MP40 guys with the Arisaka Bayonet was the greatest feeling ever. Well, honestly I just want the Bayonet back.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
BROFIST.

The only non-bolt action rifle I love and have mad respect for is the M4 Garand. <3

In NJROTC, back in the day, we used decommisioned Garands for armed drill team. Love that gun.

And I noticed you're a fan of the M1911. You're a man after my heart Delta. :D I hope to own one someday.
I didn't know you were into guns so much. :o

My love for the M1911 spawned that one day that I demolished kids on Array using it. Silenced. Good times. :awesome:

I actually wanna go to a firing range one day. It seems really fun to me, lol.

Top Bottom