• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling all sheiks: How to fight pika?

ADHD

Smash Hero
His grabs are scary enough, but his downsmash is just plain annoying. And his B prevents alot of approaches, he also has a field day when you're in the air.

bobknob

Smash Cadet
???

i feel like sheik is better than pikachu. better air moves, faster projectile. are you just running/jumping into downsmashes and shield-grabs over and over?

Drephen

Smash Master
just wait for the downsmash and run in for a grab (or downsmash if they are at a high percent) Try to trick them when they up b back to the stage with a quick ledgehog or attack them from the ledge when they land on the stage.

ADHD

Smash Hero
just wait for the downsmash and run in for a grab (or downsmash if they are at a high percent) Try to trick them when they up b back to the stage with a quick ledgehog or attack them from the ledge when they land on the stage.
True, maybe I just need more patience on that downsmash.

bobknob

Smash Cadet
if you DI up during his downsmash and the last hit knocks you up, he can quick-KO you with down-B

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
if you DI up during his downsmash and the last hit knocks you up, he can quick-KO you with down-B
hmm.. i guess thats a good point, but you shouldn't be getting hit by the last one anyway ..

with experience you can tell if you're stuck or not, and change your direction while the last hit is still coming.

yes just up, not diagonal.
lol i've had to clarify 'holding up' three times now

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I personally have had a very very good experience with Zelda v. Pikachu.

My friend saw some stuff on the boards about Pikachu and got energetic about using him, his chaingrabs, his quick attack cancelling, his downsmash, his thunder.

I won, i obliterated him, about 5 times in a row, and then he quit pikachu forever (which sadly means i can't tell you if you'd get the same thing against a really good pikachu)

advantages:
Zelda's priority on most moves seems to be really good in this match up
Multihit smashes and specials stop quick attack cancel approaches.
Nayru's love makes both his thunder and thunderbolts return to harm him.
Din's fire can kill thunderbolts. Sometimes you can hit a thunderbolt and pikachu with one Din's.
Trading one din's fire for one thunderbolt goes in your favor.

Also downtilt seems to work well. I'm slowly working out a theory that short characters are given slight priority penalties against all downtilts....

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
The person above me already said this, but I want to emphasize this point:

Zelda's neutralB (the reflector) can reflect Pikachu's Thunder to make it hit Pikachu when the Thunder is coming down on him.

Ants

Smash Cadet
the scariest part of fighting a pikachu are the chaingrabs..

if you keep getting stuck in the downsmashes then its just a spacing matter, stay away if u expect a downsmash since sidestep is useless against it. As the others said, zelda is a better matchup vs. pikachu than sheik.

Top Bottom