• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calprinicus's Guide to Toon Link (UPDATE 4-28)

Shentao

Smash Cadet
I was thining that for the vids, you might just want to add a link to the video sticky. Then tell them to scroll down to the Pro section. Vids of Zoro, MellowD, and Jojo, there are also a few Kizzu vids near the Pro section, and ctrl + F is your friend.

calprinicus

Smash Cadet
Well, what would you all recommend for a Toon Link who uses mainly ground moves and crouches whenever you try to get in an aerial, then uses a utilt or a usmash, then plays half camping, half aggressive.
Learn to play areil, TL is built for ariel and projectile camp.

calprinicus

Smash Cadet
After some time with my old main (the Ice climbers) and finding to disappointment that they're not as fun w/o wavedash and they're desyncs are harder to manage. I have moved on back to TL where I'm here to stay. TL FTW. I will continue to redue match-ups and start the stage selection sections of this guide.

t_mac009

Smash Rookie
killer guide man u put alot of work into this, some sections are extrmely helpful

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Calprinicus’s strategy guide to Toon Link​

--Lucario:
Description:
Counter:"Fight close range, and wittle it down till about 50% and then focus solely on links most powerful moves (because as lucarios damage increases, his attack power does to) and his throws to catch Lucario off guard. Edgehogging will make almost no difference against a good Lucario, just focus on hitting him off stage and overwhelming him when he gets back on." - kilikan

Plz, I is a Lucario player, u need 2 work on this. It looked like u essentially went to smashbros.com and looked at Lucario's description (curse u Sakurai, for having flaws in this game!) This is not good info against Luc. I am also a TL alt., so I would love to see this when it is finished.​

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
For your first guide, or one of your first, nice. You have some good info, and some neat little tricks. However, I prefer Aether's guide. This one is nice, but just seems very simplistic. You should revise it when you have a lot more experience and info.

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
I would like to add a small contribution if it wasn't already discussed. Many times I have done this simple tactic and gotten a KO out of it.

If you have an opponent who likes to hang on the edge for too long, you can smash them off with a side smash. The second swing, hits them off of the edge. Timing is necessary, cause you want your first swing to be while they are still invincible, and then use the longest pause between swings....and let loose. If done correctly, the second hit knocks them straight off the edge, and if they have enough % its a KO, if not just edge guard their brains out!

Top Bottom