• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

camping campers acceptable?

razelikh

Smash Rookie
Now ive read many threads about "camping" and other range tactics and i pretty much think that this forum absolutely hates campers but is it acceptable to camp a camper?

i say this because i usually just screw campers over when i use my mains that have good range attacks, for instance someone i know abuses lucas's PK fire and i use yoshi's eggs to screw him over because of its increased range and small knockback ability, so its basically using their tactic against them, but theres the moral issue of that im being cheap and such, not playing the game right, ect ect and i wondered is it acceptable to camp a camper only if they camp you?

:confused:

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
So true.

You see.. you gotta pretty much camp with em ya kno?

Wait out the battle n' all... then you go for the kill when they approach.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
Play the game how you wanna play. Of course unless tournament rules say so in a tournament.

With that said, may the best camper win.

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
camping is horrible, i wanted to main bowser, but then i played my friend's pit, camping with arrows. it just makes me wanna give up bowser.

Shackel11

Smash Cadet
It's because campers are usually cowards. There are campers with skills though(someone who doesn't just sit on say Final Destination with Pit and just shoots arrows and use >B when you get close, just to continue running away and start using the arrows again, until you're at about 100%, then they >B you, followed by an fsmash< Seen 20 of the "Pit Noobs")

Oh, and I think Pit was MADE as a camper. I mean, giant arrows, an attack that goes on forever(followed by a throw), a shield that prevents you from camping them back, and wings to fly across the stages so they can continue camping. Yeah, Insta-Noob. Just add newbie.

HiIH

Smash Lord
If you can't get around it, you can't criticize them. They're doing SOMETHING right, even if they're annoying.

If you win, that's a different story.

If you lose, shutup, find a way around it, or admit that you're just making excuses for losing.

On another note, it sucks that camping is the best strategy for Brawl.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the question should be

is anything unacceptable?

and the answer would be no

so yes, acceptable!

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
I'd say camping is relatively simple to beat compared to actually playing a skilled opponent, not to mention it's WAY too repetetive and patterned to be useful for more than one match.

I've observed that when people bring this up, it is responded to with "well not everyone is skilled enough to do that..." This is true, but I think camping is what newer players do to defeat other newer players without using much thought process, and "not being skilled enough to beat it" is ther problem and not so much that "it's cheap/effective/the best strategy."

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I'd say camping is relatively simple to beat compared to actually playing a skilled opponent, not to mention it's WAY too repetetive and patterned to be useful for more than one match.
Except that good campers mix up their camping strategy so as to not be predictable and repetitive. If the campers you play against are predictable it doesn't mean camping sucks-- it means those players suck.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
camping is probably the most effective strategy in brawl, if you have a fast projectile and can space yourself properly...there is absolutely no reason to ever approach your opponent.

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
even though camping is maybe acceptable cause its like one of the only ways to win with ranged chars. i would enforce camping if perfect shielding would reflect projectiles.

khoasgotrice

Smash Cadet
Except that good campers mix up their camping strategy so as to not be predictable and repetitive. If the campers you play against are predictable it doesn't mean camping sucks-- it means those players suck.
camping and predictable go in one. if your camping your going to be predictable no matter what. i agree that camping is a noob thing, most people who are really good can deal with campers but people that are newer to the game is going to have a harder time dealing with campers, DONT CAMP THEM BACK, worst strategy ever. do not stoop to their level. fight back and find a weakness to their camp.

ps. dont flame me, its just my opinion on the matter, im not dissing on campers, unless im playing vs them

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I don't diss campers but it is a boring tactic. I don't see how people can even want to play that way and I agree it does seem as if Pit was made for camping and anti-camping.

He has a reflecting and blocking shield can also reflects the characters attacks (like Mario's cape) and his Forward Special can be used to get close to opponents who try to camp him back. Not only will you get close to them throwing their projectiles back at them but your also attacking them with this attack.

He's the best character for stopping campers and camping them back.

Top Bottom