• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Camping the platform on Smashville viable?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I get the feeling that this can be easily avoidable by a good player, no doubt, however, it did work against my friend for a while.

Anyways, I was Brawling my friend's Luigi on Smashville, and I hate the platform on that stage so much, so at one point, when I was down to one Ice Climber, and he was on his last life, I figured I would just stay on the platform and spam Ice Blocks, and whenever he would come up to hit me, I would shield/dodge it and then punnish with jabs to get him back off the platform so I could start spamming Ice Blocks again.

I was just doing it to mess around at first, but then I was surprised when it was actually working. I eventually just stopped because he was already at 176% at the time.

Maybe against characters with no/bad projectiles/range it could work.

If nothing else, it could give you a breather for a second after your Nana dies, until your opponent gets around it.

The reason I get the feeling this is useless is because of how bad it sounds, though it might be a way to utilize the platform on that stage, I guess. Anything that makes that platform less annoying is something I'm all open for.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I get the feeling that this can be easily avoidable by a good player, no doubt, however, it did work against my friend for a while.

Anyways, I was Brawling my friend's Luigi on Smashville, and I hate the platform on that stage so much, so at one point, when I was down to one Ice Climber, and he was on his last life, I figured I would just stay on the platform and spam Ice Blocks, and whenever he would come up to hit me, I would shield/dodge it and then punnish with jabs to get him back off the platform so I could start spamming Ice Blocks again.

I was just doing it to mess around at first, but then I was surprised when it was actually working. I eventually just stopped because he was already at 176% at the time.

Maybe against characters with no/bad projectiles/range it could work.

If nothing else, it could give you a breather for a second after your Nana dies, until your opponent gets around it.

The reason I get the feeling this is useless is because of how bad it sounds, though it might be a way to utilize the platform on that stage, I guess. Anything that makes that platform less annoying is something I'm all open for.
I'm not sure about this. The Ice Climbers would get endlessly harassed by up airs. Since Spotdodging in place puts Nana at risk and using the shield's energy for this purpose would be wasteful, I wouldn't look too deeply in this.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I'm reffering to doing this when Nana is dead though...
I would imagine that most of the time Nana is dead, you are at higher percents. Since SoPo's main objective is to not get hit into the air away from the stage, it would be best not to have yourself vulnerable from the bottom. The Ic's spotdodge doesn't have that many invincibility frames and if someone times it right or uses a multi hit, it may be fatal.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I had a G&W do this to me at a tournament once >___>
It works for a little bit, and the ICs jumps are high/floaty enough for this to give you a breather, like you said. This may even be a good idea with two Climbers. Instead of punishing with a jab, punish with a grab :D

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I use the platform as a way to force an approach. It is especially effective with desynced iceblocks when both are alive, but it works just as well with sopo. However I dont think that camping on it is a very effective strategy because, as said it leaves you open from the bottom, and a good attack from there could result in a juggling situation, which is very bad for a sopo.

Top Bottom