• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anyone help me choose a main?

Rien

Smash Rookie
Howdy,

I' ve been playing brawl for a little while now and i'm getting a good grip on the game i think. I am yet to play online however until i can buy an adapter. I am stuck for a main however, and i wondered if any of your kind souls could help me out?

I'd prefer someone who:
- Has good air game and won't be stumped when it comes to fighting off stage
- Is relatively quick but can be around medium to slightly heavy speed, just nothing like Bowser's speed
- A character who isn't one who is picked mostly by other brawlers

Any help or advice would be great. Thanks all.

Cabtn

Smash Rookie
Peach,
-Good air game
-Floating rocks
-Decent Edge guarder

Yoshi
-Combos
-Wavedash
-Just adorable O.o

Those 2 are rarely picked, they are my mains and i enjoy them. Give them a shot eh :D

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
I would suggest Sheik. Sheik has one of the best all-around aerial games in the game, has one of the best maneuverabilities in the game, and is infrequently picked for reasons beyond my understanding.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
It astounds me people still make these threads. Choose your own character, how hard is that?

Please stop, this is not for Brawl Tactical discussion. >_>

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'd prefer someone who:
- Is relatively quick but can be around medium to slightly heavy speed, just nothing like Bowser's speed

Go Luigi my man...or just play the game and decide who you like... >.<

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Luigi
Sheik

Jiggs (rarely, rarely used, but only because she is very very bad)
Kirby (most common on my list, but he's really good)
Sonic (edgeguarding leads a little to be desired i think.. i dunno, i don't see many, maybe he can edgeguard.)

Heh, your criteria are the opposite of Snake. Don't pick Snake.

Nitrix

Smash Ace

ROB. Not too many people play him, he is decently quick, and his air game is astonishingly good.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
yoshi fits all your criteria.
he has some great aerials, good air time, and good air speed
he is heavy yet fast
he is extremely underused, and underrated.

MSTK

Smash Cadet
I'm biased, but I think that Jigglypuff is exactly who you are looking for. Throw in a move that KO's every single time at as little as 57% and you've got yourself a perfect match.

quicksting_cricket

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cricketmisu
Jigglypuff may be light but has one of the best chances in the air.

And i agree in what mstk said.

crewster

Smash Lord
Howdy,
Toon link.

+Air game billiant :)
+great Dair spike:)
+Uair+ UBairalmost certain KO:)
+Quite Quick.:)
+VGood Jumps, UpB, + Recovery:)
+He is under rated
+I main him so he must be good!:laugh:
-He has medeocre popularity
Trust me you dont want a unpopular main. I mained bowser for a bit I should know:laugh:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This guy wants a main and this is suposed to be a comunity isn't it?:confused:
Okay,

1. This is TACTICAL Discussion. Choosing a main is not tactical, it's extremely basic and should belong in the GBD if anything.

2. PICK A MAIN YOURSELF! Even if you want to strategically pick your main with certain qualities, it's not going to work if someone tells you who to play with!

3. Everyone's different. Someone may be good with one character and have a really good air game with said character while someone else just can't pull them off. Thus, these are useless.

Seriously, just pick a main yourself! You're better off playing with characters you like and characters you can be relatively good with until you find that one character that you know you're going to main.

Ace55

Smash Lord
This guy wants a main and this is suposed to be a comunity isn't it?:confused:
I've seen to many who should I main threads. If someone is specific and has clearly put some effort into the thread, then ok. But this just won't do. It just get's on my nerves sometimes.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
What's the point of even having a main? Me personally, I always switch up characters all the time instead of staying with one for a million matches. Who says not having a main won't win you tourneys :p. I'm just can't main anybody due to me switching from character to character way too much.

The point is, don't stress out for not having a main. I'm sure that if you do some experimenting and research on your own, your bound to find someone who fits your taste. Or, you could just use random and own everybody with every character lol :laugh:.
^This, I didn't feel like rewriting it. Play for yourself, people are just gonna advertise their own mains to you.

N M E

Smash Apprentice
Blue terrorist you main ranodm.

Anyway don't make threads like this. These boards have enough spam

Chose a character your most comfurtable with be it meta-knight or falcon

crewster

Smash Lord
I've seen to many who should I main threads. If someone is specific and has clearly put some effort into the thread, then ok. But this just won't do. It just get's on my nerves sometimes.
Then ignore the thread

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
crewster don't make me point out your mistakes.

Also, lol @ people saying their mains.
To the OP: Bowsers pretty fast dude. This isn't Melee.

I say Falco.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Most of the people are just advertising their mains. Just play subspace and you get to try out most of them. Or just pick random.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
Pit
-good air game
-fast-
-spammable projectile
-Gliding give him an impressing recovery

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Peach.
Howdy,
I'd prefer someone who:
Peach has, IMO one of the best aerial games around. All of her aerials can be canceled, she can float which makes her a good edgegaurder against anyone who doesnt have a decent meteor smash, and also gives her a nice horizontal recovery that lasts for about 2-3 seconds.

She has the 4th fastest dash speed (tied with some other characters), so thats about in between.

Many Peach players from Melee dropped her because basically everything that made her what she was in Melee got removed and/or changed. Thats not to say that she didnt recieve any good things in the process though.

Any help or advice would be great. Thanks all.
If you want to learn more about Peach go to the Peach Forums and look around. Most of the information you'll nedd is in the stickies so make sure to check there first before posting (if you choose Peach) any new threads.

Good luck!

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Sheik/Zelda Hybrid.

Owns.
Yes, yes she does. =)

I'd suggest Kirby or Toon Link. They both fit your description and unlike some of the other chars mentioned *coughsheikcough* They have obvious untapped potential. Toon link has a difficult learning curve though IMO.

Another thing is you could easily find out the ups and downs of a char by going to each char's character guide. Such a thread isn't needed and is pretty lazy of you.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
For the love of my sex toys, isn't it high time a new rule was installed? No soliciting people to help you choose your mains/secondaries/whatevers?!

"I like this and that, now do my job for me and help me find a main!". Not a week goes without at least 3 of these popping up.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, no one can choose a main for you. The whole purpose behind the concept of a main is to find a character that you, the player, feel comfortable with in matches. A character that caters to your playing style. That isn't something that someone can just pick out for you. It isn't hard to boot up the game and play around with everyone, then make a decision based on that.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
I really don't mind these threads as long as reasonable possibilities/opinions are applied. You gave some criteria, but not nearly enough for us to choose a main for you, as many characters in Brawl fit that criteria. Therefore, I'm forced to give a personal opinion based on what you like:

Jigglypuff.

Top Bottom