• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anyone rate my roy?

Arthvader

Smash Cadet
tell me if this is good, ok? here goes:

i usually do forward smash as a primary attack second to reverse Blazer attack. when i use Roy's DED, i usually go f, f, u, u for a considerable amount of damage. i am terrible a wavedashing but i try to make up by using the environment if possible. whenever i get close to my opponent, i basically use his up + a smash and follow it up with a spike at the edge. I also basically have a hard time with combos (basically this goes all the same with all the characters i use) but i try my best to perform combos. I'm mostly a player who may intend to use his flare blade attack alot. for defense, i usually use his down + B counter or edgeguard with his flare blade. i use the basics of defense like the light shield and the roll whenever i'm in trouble of getting smashed out of the ring.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
tell me if this is good, ok? here goes:

i usually do forward smash as a primary attack second to reverse Blazer attack. when i use Roy's DED, i usually go f, f, u, u for a considerable amount of damage. i am terrible a wavedashing but i try to make up by using the environment if possible. whenever i get close to my opponent, i basically use his up + a smash and follow it up with a spike at the edge. I also basically have a hard time with combos (basically this goes all the same with all the characters i use) but i try my best to perform combos. I'm mostly a player who may intend to use his flare blade attack alot. for defense, i usually use his down + B counter or edgeguard with his flare blade. i use the basics of defense like the light shield and the roll whenever i'm in trouble of getting smashed out of the ring.
your bad (all i had to read was teh first sentence).

Roy-san

Smash Cadet
2 be honest as anyone woul suggest; learn to wavedash, shuffle and simply practice. Roy in general is an extremly powerful character and most of his power beleive it or not lies in his foward b moves.

There are multiple ways to perform the side b combos so simply practice then. DD (dash dancing) is good way to confuse your opponent if done correctly. Flare blade can be used as a nice edgeguarding technique and dont forogt about roy's counter and smash attacks.

Roy-san

Smash Cadet
im working on an in-depth guide that would further better your skills if you read over the techniques im going to be explaining and demonstrating.

Arthvader

Smash Cadet
ok thanks for the tip Roy-san. I started practicing other methods like various DED combinations that i tend to end with a spike and i often use flare blade to it's full potential. The way i use flare blade is as a simple countermeasure and as well as a desperation. will that be a problem if i was to battle other people??

Roy-san

Smash Cadet
yes if u use it as a despiration attack then of course. Usually everyone you'll play will be different and will try to read YOUR character differently. Probably one of the most effective combo moves is >b>b>b. Has nice drawn in and knockback power, especially against heavier characters.

Easier said, keep practicing like everyone and im sure you'll be an amazing roy player.

Arthvader

Smash Cadet
ok Roy-san, you've been of great help of giving me advice. I'm starting to notice what you are posting on this thread and it's helping me alot. Thanks

Roy-san

Smash Cadet
of course. If its at all possible, make some videos against your friends. I could probably give you a better layout of the things that would work better for you. ^_^

-FATE

Top Bottom