• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can someone explain to me about ally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
ok i watch his matches all the time but i dont know how he does it? can someone explain to me how he plays?

like i see him shield nade then he runs then shield then run back shield and for some reason he has a nade in his hand...wtf?

and how does he know the EXACT places where people will land?

like when he does the mine and the grab...HOW? LOL.

and look at this video of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvNLUHGokAI&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div

please explain to me if u can that is...and none of the jokes like "ally is a god u cant copy him" or whatever i know they are funny but this is serious.

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
...how can you not tell that all he does is pick up the grenade again after shielding it?

And to your second absurd question:

It's not about knowing the exact place someone lands, it's positioning yourself so that when you do perform the throw they will land within the proximity of wherever the mine is. Be it on stage or platform. Plenty of good snake players can do this, whether its a mine, c4, nade, or mortar. It's not like it's magic, it's simply the peak of Snake's metagame. Fast paced and unpredictable, yet planned out all at the same time.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
A good deal of it is just getting the mindset of planning/prediction. Here are some examples:

"Yea, at this percent, he'll fly about that far, so there's a good chance he'll end up in X spot to hit X explosive."

"Ok, if he somehow hits X explosive he'll fly up at about this height but I'll have to be there to intercept with this aerial."

It's much easier said than done.

Try to process that thought often whenever you're attempting to set up for something, but remember, oftentimes you have to make that decision within split-second moments. I like how you described it, StoleUrCar.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
That's from a long time ago : |

He's simply planning ahead, nothing special with the c4/mine placement, any good Snake can do it.

That's a horrible video to understanding how Ally plays, it's from JULY...

:mewtwo:

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
The only way to do that is to THINK and about doing it. You can't just play and hope for it to happen, you have to observe and use your head. When you're playing, look at how far they go at certain percents. Look at how big the blast zone is for different explosives. Learn how much time they spend in hitstun after explosives. When you know these things, you'll begin to come up with combos and implement them.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
We have an ENTIRE thread dedicated to Ally. You could have asked your question there. It's called" Ally is inhuman." lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom