• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone with brawl test something for me?

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
okay, i have to date watched nearly every single brawl Ness video on the internet(or at least everyone i can find...with a lot of help from Jman). I have noticed something, and it is something i would like to test but given that i'm in America, i don't really have that opportunity. Ness' back-throw. One of my favorite killing moves from melee, and i think a lot of you would easily say the same thing. There is a lot of talk about it not so much being nerfed, but of it throwing more vertically than horizontally. And i can see where you're coming from, in the first few videos i saw, it threw them up at about a 60 degree angle, which can be good for KOing off the top but not very practical for the sides. But as i watched more and more videos i noticed that the angle of throw was very VERY different sometimes, getting down well past the 45 degree mark, and throwing almost completely horizontal backwards(like 10-20 degrees). If anyone with a controller, an option to go into training and about 5 minutes on their hands can test to see if there is a way to control this angle(or if this is just the mad hope of a die-hard Ness main), that would be greatly appreciated by me and probably many others. I'll still use Ness regardless of course, but knowing this would help a lot and i guarantee i will not be the only one who finds a use for it.(thank you for reading my semi-rant if you have to this point, i would be glad to post links and times of different backthrows if you doubt the low angles ive seen)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
There's not, it always throws the same, the differences might be DI by people desperately trying to get out of the grab, since tap DI seems to be more effective now.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
seems odd though that they would DI like that thus making the move more effective and more likely to kill them. Oh well, it was worth a shot to ask.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Well, when you're trying to get out of a grab, you generally DI left and right repeatedly, very quickly. So it would make sense that sometimes the opponent accidentally is tapping in the direction you're throwing at the instant you throw once in a while.

Top Bottom