• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you do B moves...

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
As I don't have a Wii I cannot test these things out... but sometimes when you die, you can still execute attacks, air dodge, etc.

So the question is, can you do B moves after you get sent flying to prevent yourself from a KO? (for instance, skull bash or Quick attack?) When is the soonest possible time that you can do B moves? (When you start falling again?)

Thanks for testing it out for me,

Spyckie

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
Have you ever even played a smash game before?

If you have I would think you would know the answer to this.

P.S. Yes you can use B moves.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
lol i will answer the question. yes you can do it but until a point a move like skull bash has no effect on your momentum. it can help a little but it generally wont save you.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
wow, sorry for being n00bish. To answer your question, I haven't played smash all summer.

I was wondering if you could quick attack to save yourself from death after you've been sent flying, that's all.

peace man.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Yes and no, you can do the move but often if you try it while flying, you will still die. Like if you are smashing down DI with both sticks, and a pikachu u-smashes you, eventually you will die, and while it will be a longer amount of damage you can have before dying than with no DI, you still die eventually. That's why even if you smash f-air when going flying, you may die, depending on the knockback of the attack and your damage. But the only problems with QAing to save your life, is one, if you QA and do it so you miss the stage after finishing the move, due to something, or while in fall special they come and kill you, or two, you can't do anything after getting hit with an attack (hit stun) and while mashing a button helps to reduce this, usually up DI is only used to get out of combos, so Up-bing wouldn't be that practical to save your life; you would be better off just DIing and hope for the best, that way you still can act as well.

This wasn't a bad question; it was just the way it was phrased that threw people off, give him a break

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I am REALLY started to get pissed off at these "Act like a noob" threads...

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
There has been in influx of pikas lately so it is to be expected that threads like these pop up. i think i will try to work on my project soon for the pika forum.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
he plans on making one of those threads that has links to all the important threads, esp the ones that are buried, so it will help reduce the clutter, as well as be good to have for the rush of newer pikas :)

Top Bottom