• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you guys tell me what you think of Pokemon Trainer?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I really don't know if this thread has appeared on this board before but I just want to learn and see what you guys think of Pokemon Trainer. In this thread it's pretty much free discussion as in you can talk about strategy, likes, dislikes, match-ups and anything else you can think of that I havn't listed. :)

I personally dont play as fox. The only starfox character I play as is Falco, so I'm ignorant as to I guess you could say the atmosphere of this board. But anyway, start off with anything you'd like to say and we can progress from their.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
I really don't know if this thread has appeared on this board before but I just want to learn and see what you guys think of Pokemon Trainer. In this thread it's pretty much free discussion as in you can talk about strategy, likes, dislikes, match-ups and anything else you can think of that I havn't listed. :)

I personally dont play as fox. The only starfox character I play as is Falco, so I'm ignorant as to I guess you could say the atmosphere of this board. But anyway, start off with anything you'd like to say and we can progress from their.
This is where the discussion belongs, mate:

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151

We're Foxstars here. Over there are the Pokedorks.

;) Kidding.

EDIT: 100th post! Kewl~

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ehh dont worry about it. I'm used to that kind of talk. I should expect criticism for maining PT. But I enjoy playing him and i'm a decent player so yeah. It's ok. Thanks anyway.

Herolink

Smash Rookie
He's not saying you are a bad player for maining PT, he's saying you're a in the wrong for making a thread that has nothing to do with Fox in the Fox forums.

That being said, I have some trouble against Typh (one of the better PTs out there) when he's using squirtle, since he can grab me practically anytime I land, and his fair is faster than anything (other than my nair).

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
My brother being Yaya, a pokemon trainer main, I can tell you this....

Fox vs. Pokemon Trainer -

Fox has the advantage, vs. the 3 Pokemon it's

-wins over Charizard easily.

-has a neutral to winnable advantage over Ivysaur.

-has a playable matchup versus. Squirtle.

Charizard is easy to just combo up and kill, if you don't screw up too badly you'll come out of this with a fairly good lead.

How you fair with Ivysaur completely revolves around whether you get caught in bullet seed or not, if you don't, you'll take a lead here again.

Squirtle you just need to camp and be more defensive with, and you should be able to about trade off 1 for 1.

Overall, pkmn trainer is a fairly easy win for Fox.

§witch

Smash Lord
K, everyone who's posted so far you isn't A6M is a prick, why would he ask PT mains what fox thinks of them? He wants help on the match-up. But PT has a hard time in this match, all 3 characters fall fairly fast, and have very easily gimpable recoveries.
EDIT: Herolink too, he wasn't being a douchebag.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Look if someone asks me what i think of PT vs. Fox i don't got to give a explanation. It's self explanatory. There's no point in even trying to make sense of PT standing a chance against Fox but im sorry some Fox players obviously aren't as skilled as i am so i don't expect whomever to understand where i am coming from. Remember PT doesn't stand a chance vs Fox. THAT DOESN'T MEAN PT IS HORRIBLE.

§witch

Smash Lord
Wow, you are so dumb it's not even funny. And ye gansta boiii, you best be steppin off if y'all dun give him an explanation ya hear? Fox doesn't nessecailily **** PT, I bet you aren't as good as you pretend you are...

Acex27

Smash Apprentice
The discussion should not come to bragging rights, lets get back on topic. Isn't there an "I don't like you"
thread sumwhere on smashboards?

Anyway, I agree that squirtle is the one pokemon out of the trio that poses any kind of threat. Other than that, the matchup is really in favor of fox. Although charizard's rock smash is effing annoying.

§witch

Smash Lord
Wow, I appreciate you ignoring the main point of my post. The point is, stop being such a ****. No one thinks: "Wow, this guy never shuts up about how good he is, I'm going to idolize him."

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
There's honestly no point in these threads because we always get "Other character ***** PT," without much explanation or a bunch of stupid comments that don't have anything to do with the matchup. Even from like the Captain Falcon boards I think it happened a little bit.

I'm not trying to say PT is better than Fox, I just hate when "PT gets *****" comes before (if there is) any explanation. And when the explanation doesn't seem to cover how a PT plays (Like when people disregard Charizard's grabs).

I wish more people played PT well. At least the mainer mentioned here (Typh) is actually respectable.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
oh poor PT in this match... And I don't think much of squirtle, either...just bair him and he can't really get through it. that and jab...

Charizard was already handled nicely...just a tough match when you can't land a hit, and you're getting comboed to death...

Ivy, I think would be a little better if Fox didn't have some of the best gimping game in the game....dsmash edgehog kills at like 50...so oh well to that... add to that the shine and dair, and Ivy has a huge problem.

And yeah, seriously guys...nobody ever got famous by talking about themselves.

§witch

Smash Lord
There's honestly no point in these threads because we always get "Other character ***** PT," without much explanation or a bunch of stupid comments that don't have anything to do with the matchup. Even from like the Captain Falcon boards I think it happened a little bit.

I'm not trying to say PT is better than Fox, I just hate when "PT gets *****" comes before (if there is) any explanation. And when the explanation doesn't seem to cover how a PT plays (Like when people disregard Charizard's grabs).

I wish more people played PT well. At least the mainer mentioned here (Typh) is actually respectable.
I habe absolutely no knowledge of this match-up, therefore, I wouldnt posted except for telling some of these guys off, which did absloutely nothing. On behalf of the fox board I apologize.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Did......did someone just say Ivy revolves around getting her Bullet Seed off? Uhhh......I have nothing to say...I'm just going to leave by clicking the "Brawl Character Discussion" link above.....

M@v

Subarashii!
I really dont have time to explain it(got class soon), but

Fox vs Squirtle=neutral matchup
Fox vs Ivysaur= advantage Ivysaur
Fox vs Charizard= advantage Fox

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I really dont have time to explain it(got class soon), but

Fox vs Squirtle=neutral matchup
Fox vs Ivysaur= advantage Ivysaur
Fox vs Charizard= advantage Fox
hahaha

ok, Ivy isn't a disadvantage for Fox. at all...like wow. Ivy's lucky if it's not worse than a 6-4 for Fox.

If Ivy had a viable recovery, then maybe this would be accurate...but an Ivy switch for PT should mean a KO for Fox.

First of all, Ivy is fairly heavy, so it falls into a lot of Fox's combos very easily. With lateral moving "combos", of which fox has many options, the Ivy can get by the ledge very quickly. at that point, a throw follow-up or dsmash should mean death for it.

Ivy has some good moves, sure... it's my favorite of the three, but to say that a character with maybe the worst recovery in the game has an advantage against one of the best gimpers in the game seems odd to me. basically, if you land a shine, which is not seriously THAT hard against Ivy, it should die.

As a general rule, Fox also outspeeds Ivy's moves...should not be grabbed very much, and combos well.

Bullet Seed can do about 30-50%...I know...but honestly, you shouldn't get hit by it...ever...not in a 1v1 match...

basically, gimp Ivy...it's a free stock

Top Bottom