• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you pivot with zss?

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Yes you can pivot. You're a newcomer, no shame in asking. In fact, her various pivot grabs are really really important to learn.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Thank you,do you know where i could find some info on the subject?
Umm, here I guess? I'm not sure what you want to know about pivoting since it's generally considered a pretty simple advanced tech.

EDIT: check out this thread of global ATs, very VERY useful for beginners. http://smashboards.com/threads/listing-the-ats-in-order-from-most-useful-to-least-useful.346183/

ZSS's turn around grabs (turning around as you input grab while moving) actually shave off start up time because she has an extended grab. So standing grab is always the worst way to grab with her, either use dash grab, turn-around-grab, or sliding turn-around grabs. Point being, if they are in front of you, running the opposite direction then immediately turning and grabbing will actually work better than just grabbing.

EDIT: I used the term pivot incorrectly, I replaced it with turn around grab. Thanks Nausicaa.

Last edited:

john_rowe

Smash Rookie
Thanks, the main reason i was asking was because her frame in the middle of the dash dance where she would be standing was not as obvious as a character like Marth, but the help is greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom