• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you stream and record Project M with a hauppauge hd pvr?

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
My brother gave me a hauppauge hd pvr, it has the composite cables on the front but I don't know how to get the thing to stream or record off the red white and yellow cables

emiguelsv

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceMS
Did you find any solution to this? I also have an HD PVR and want to record both Melee and Project M (using a CRT, obviously).

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
Did you find any solution to this? I also have an HD PVR and want to record both Melee and Project M (using a CRT, obviously).
To my knowledge, the only solution is the included software (Total Media Extreme). Its the only program i know of that works with the HD PVR, and it also has the controls for the devices settings, including what inputs its grabbing from.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
I think the only solution is to get a component to composite converter which is unfortunately pretty pricey.

emiguelsv

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceMS
I did actually find a solution. First, the HD PVR can't be used for streaming. It sucks, but there's currently no way of streaming using one. Now, about the RWY cables, you need to get a double male DVD cable as well as 3 splitters. You have to plug the three splitters into the front face of the HD PVR so that you can connect both the Gamecube and the DVD cables into the splitters and the other end of the DVD cable into the TV. So the input are the Gamecube cables and the output are the DVD cables.

Top Bottom