• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada at APEX 2012 | UPDATED. CHECK THE LAST PAGE

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
For hotels, I recommend checking out the http://www.priceline.com Name Your Price service if you haven't seen it before. You name your highest price you're willing to go, the area you want the hotel in, and the minimum star rating. If a hotel that meets your criteria (price, location, quality) exists, they automatically charge you and you are now in. I ws able to stay in the middle of New York City right beside Times Square for $120 a night like that and downtown Toronto for $80 a night.

Use http://www.betterbidding.com/ to find what rate hotels are going for.

woah

A GAFer! Are you coming to this?

I might be going. Depends on school.
Sorry man, I don't Smash anymore so definitely won't be spending money traveling =P Sometimes come around here to check out the BC Thread. I should probably have attended a Toronto smash event while I was there (or maybe you coulda come to the Toronto GAF meetup at Fan Expo!). I'll probably be travelling to Toronto next summer for the Canadian Pokemon National tournament though!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
dom is (understandably) really uncomfortable with the idea of me rooming with so many dudes he doesnt know. I know I got nothin to worry about, but out of respect Tinners can I be in your room if I end up going since he knows you n all

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Sorry man, I don't Smash anymore so definitely won't be spending money traveling =P Sometimes come around here to check out the BC Thread. I should probably have attended a Toronto smash event while I was there (or maybe you coulda come to the Toronto GAF meetup at Fan Expo!). I'll probably be travelling to Toronto next summer for the Canadian Pokemon National tournament though!
Aww.

I wanted to go to the Fan Expo meetup, but I couldn't get a ride unfortunately :(

And that Pokemon tourney sounds hype. Can't believe they're doing something in Toronto.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I love that quote so much on Dark Shadow's sig space.

And, I'll room with Tin if he's able to go, as well as bus, as we know.. I have a terrible sense of direction, getting Rhyme lost.. and yeah.
Going for Passports next Friday.
If we get the express thingy, I get it in a Day apparently, according to the site anyway.
Anyway, came to post my Updates, Time to make Americans think a Wii Mote is free~

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
hey poke and tin if i can go can i room with you guys

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
90% sure im going to this now.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately I have uni clases the preceeding week. But I have no classes on this Friday. Doubt I'll be able to come anyways, but this offers a glimmer of hope. I'll do what I can to make it to this cause I'd really love to go.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
What day are ppl plannin on bussing down and bussing back up?

I'd assume we bus down on Thursday, January 5th, and bus back up on Monday, January 9th?

Patches

Smash Master
Depends on our hotel situation.

If people from canada are staying with people from Canada, it may be the better idea to go friday. To save money.

If not, go thursday.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Sounds logical to figure out where we're crashing for each night then. I doubt housing would be possible at something as big as this. That and we can prolly get ourselves in dat smash hotel.

Patches, what do you think the capacity of each room would be? 8 people in a room meant for 4 ppl?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh wow it's a good thing I checked this thread.

I do have to get there before 3-ish Friday, as I'm entered in Melee.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah Brawl pools are on Saturday.

Melee pools are Friday.

Smash 64 pools dont exits.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Might be worth it to just get there early anyways. We get more time to chill, and we can recover from a long bus ride that will most likely arrive late, lol.

Patches

Smash Master
ALRIGHT. So this is what I'm thinking.

I'm sorry guys, but I'm not going to be buying hotel rooms for everyone. Its simply something I cannot afford, and would put me in huge amount of debts. Especially if people don't pay me back. So, what I'm thinking. If Canadians want to get a hotel with Canadians, I might help out. DEPENDING ON MY FINANCIAL SITUATION FOR THAT TIME. OR, find someone else thats willing to book the hotel. It's something that would have to be done among yourselves.

Another option, is this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309465

That's the APEX housing thread. I posted in there, looking for somewhere to crash. It is honestly the BEST choice. Just say you're willing to throw some money out there for the room, and I'm sure you'll find someone who's willing to let you crash there no problem.

I mean, at COT5, I basically went up to NO-IDea and was like " dude, can I crash in your hotel? " and it was as easy as that. So I HIGHLY recommend people post in that thread that way.

As for when you guys want to leave. I'm down for leaving Canada on Thursday. It just means we gotta find housing for that day, which it all comes back to. The schduale says on Friday Allbrawl? I believe and Melee pools happen. No matter what, there is going to be brawl set ups anyways. A good day for MMs, perhaps?

Brawl pools start Saturday. So even if you guys leave Canada Friday, all you'll be missing is first round Melee pools. Its entirely your decision. Personally, I will most likely be leaving thursday and returning Monday. Once the tickets are released, I'll know for sure.

and as it stands, the megabus tickets are only up to December 13th.

edit: I forgot to answer Tin's question. I would assume the most a room could comfortably fit is 8, in a room meant for four. So two double beds. And that's pushing it. So that's the best number to put a limit at. I know if I'm getting a room for myself, I'd allow as many people in there as possible to smash/party. But come time to crash, +7 is my number.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS, SINCE I DONT HAVE A PHONE, THE BEST WAY TO REACH ME IS TO PM ME ON SWF OR INBOX ME/WALL POST ME ON FACEBOOK. MY NAME ON FACEBOOK IS " Ian 'Patches' Andrews "

Mprime

Smash Ace
the way i see it is anyone who goes in on a hotel room has to split on it evenly. if you can't afford then find housing. now i know some places (most places) require a credit card for collateral when renting hotel rooms and i can use mine for that, but as for the cost we must know who is down for a hotel how much it will cost and how much everyone has to pay as an individual. also if the hotel wants to bill me purely by credit then i'll need cash up front (i don't take IOU's). I believe once the bus schedule is up is a good time to start looking at hotels.

P.S. If there are no hotels close enough to the venue or from where our bus drops us off then housing is probably the best option. Patches keep me updated whether or not u are getting housed or still wna pitch $$ for a hotel and the schedule for ur bus tickets when u get em i wna travel with u guys

Patches

Smash Master
The hotel is close to the venue, and well be most likely taking the bus to the states, then their form of subway/busing to the hotel.

As for the hotel, I'm down for it. I'll pitch as much as I need to. I just dont have the money to pay for it all upfront in order to confirm ourselves a room ahead of time.

Patches

Smash Master
Its just a promotion Megabus does.

Buy them early enough, some tickets are cheap as ****. As low as a round trip for 2 bucks.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I was planning Leaving Thurs and Coming back up on Mon.
If Tin's alright with that, that's great.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I'm down for that.

kk so my crew (so far it's Poke and Stef) is gonna leave on Thursday and come back up on Monday. And we'd also be splitting a hotel room for 3 nights.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
hey tin I may be leaving on sunday instead of monday, can we work something out w/ money and w/e? I'll get back to you on that but im not sure if i can book that much time off

Patches

Smash Master
Tin, I'll talk to you closer to the date. I'll join you there.

I'll likely need that room if the rest of Ingersoll doesnt go + I wanna figure out what Hamilton/Whitby is doing.

but like I said. Ill let you know closer to the date. Just throw me in there for now.

Edit: I'll update the OP tomorrow with this information.

Top Bottom