• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada Crew for Genesis!!

unknown522

Some guy
I'm around Raynex's level (groundless statement....oh well), but yeah, we've been playing together for 5 years (it's sad that I have to say that all the time now).

KK"s sheik is the gayest thing ever. It's ****ing harder to beat than M2K's sheik (IMO)

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I know people think I'm a washed up vet but I should probably post for the people who care.

Opening thoughts
Crew battle is 80% about characters and crazy clutch mother****ers like chesterr01. We should ultimately be looking for character balance. I know many of the good players here have versatile character selection, but if we're down 5 stocks against some bogus crew (europe lololol) we need to pull out a kingpin player who is playing his most comfortable character; not one he was forced to pick to account for character balance.

Quebec
Bam pkm vwins kage are the top contenders in the country so they def make the cut. Chester would be great too if he's still good and cares about smash.

Toronto

I haven't fought Toronto in forever, and from what I hear Raynex is the best in that province and I hear the other teen titans or whatever are good too. I hear Toronto has played America a fair bit so I'd like to see how that went before I form an opinion about that province. Someone link me some vids please, I don't even know what characters you guys play lol

West coast
Eric definitely makes the cut as long as he doesn't choke. He's really the only west coast player who's ever kept up with Quebec. Adam is one of the better falcon's here so if anyone still plays peach anymore Adam would be the solution to that.

Closing thoughts
I wish there were less ignorant people posting about how things have changeddd, your skills are olddd, obamaaa. This isn't a who's better thread, its an ideas thread. PARTY SOLIDARITY PEOPLE.

I'm not gonna get butthurt if I don't get picked by Captain Canada for the crew, but if we get ***** and I feel like I could have stopped it by playing I'm gonna be sadface.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Since you probably don't know East Coast character mains, I'll provide them.

RaynEX - Fox
Unknown522 - Fox/Falco?
KirbyKaze - Sheik
Vwins - Peach/Fox?
Bam - Falco
Europhoria - Marth
Kage - Ganon
I.B - Marth

Definately not too many repeating characters there. Adam's Falcon would be nice plus Eric's Falco is definately in this line-up. Maybe we should get a head count of who is going and whether or not we would be able to make a good West Coast line-up as well as a good East Coast one just incase people would rather have that.

If you want some videos, just search anyone's name. There is plenty of good videos out there.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Unknown522 - Fox/Falco?
KirbyKaze - Sheik
Europhoria - Marth
I.B - Marth
I already have an opinion of everyone on the east coast except for these players^^^

all I can find on youtube vs america is:

Europhoria vs zhu friendly
Unknown522 vs lambchops friendly

I vote Vwins or Kage for captain

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I would say Kage, Vwins, or RaynEX for Captain!

Vwins, your sig confused me. Good, Peach is too awesome >_>

FalseFalco, try looking for RoM footage if possible, all of them went to it and I think had some matches recorded. Or just look for some matches of them versus other top East Coast Players.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
If Chet is going, I have no idea why we're even making suggestions as to who is captain.

Chesthair ftw

If he's gonna focus on brawl (he might do that, I think) then my vote in order of priorty: Europhoria, RaynEX and PKM.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
No matter what the final crew looks like, Canada is going to **** extremely hard at Genesis. I'm talking Denver Nuggets vs. New Orleans Hornets game 4 hard (look it up).

Good luck boys.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Based on everyone's opinion so far, I believe the vote for Vwins (or Chet if he wants to) is superior enough. Honestly, I think Vwins is a great choice. He has been around in this community long enough to understand the game and how to beat certain playstyles/players more than most of the top players (no disrespect guys, he's just been around longer :) ).

unknown522

Some guy
Based on everyone's opinion so far, I believe the vote for Vwins (or Chet if he wants to) is superior enough. Honestly, I think Vwins is a great choice. He has been around in this community long enough to understand the game and how to beat certain playstyles/players more than most of the top players (no disrespect guys, he's just been around longer :) ).
you sure about that?

Vwins

Smash Ace
you sure about that?
you dont like me :(? Honestly I'm the kind of guy who likes to help my friend with counter pick and strategy in tournament and I think I know all the match up pretty well since I played almost all the character. However, Pkm and chester are the oldest smasher tho ;). so yeah I would love to be the captain of the future crew battle winner at genesis :) if my vote is in a majority.

sauc3

Smash Lord
In no particular order, heres some Canadians that NEED to be on the team

Raynex - Fox/Falco (potential captain)
Kage - Ganon (potential captain)
Stos - Link (team spirit)
unknown522 - Fox
Bam - Falco
VWins - Peach

Potentially anyone from Teen Titans could fill in the rest. Sorry if I missed anyone big.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I think it's pretty obvious that Captain is a Warrior's position. I don't even know why there is even discussion.

Also, Ganondorf should be renamed Kage. There shall be no more "Ganondorf boards", only "Kage boards". Enough said.

And this might seem crazy to y'all, but Bluntedobject ***** balls off of several children daily. There is NO way that he should be excluded from the team... Canada will be ridiculed if he's not put on the team and places higher than people on it. True facts.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Double post initiated.

1. RaynEX
2. KirbyKaze
3. Unknown522
4. Vwins
5. Bam
6. Kage
7. PKM
8. Blunted_Object10
9. xXx_Noobking_xXx
10. Europhoria

Subs:
1. FalseFalco
2. I.B

That would be my Canadian dream team. Plenty of Quebec, Ontario, and Top West Coast representation there.

From what I hear, Carl (False) is better than Noobking. I also believe I.B. could take him. Regardless, Noobking has more experience vs. the states in general, and I don't think I.B. would be going anyways. All in all, I'd say sub noobking for Carl and that would a pretty cool list.

WC what do you think? Anyone you think should be added/subbed?
Raynex has spoken. This seems like a cool list. If I go can I be on too, guys? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGAWIzgEMDo (last uploaded tournament match of me) And can someone link me to vids of KK and Euphoria? I've not seen you guys play at all...

edit://raynex is a cool guy. Raynex, you're a cool guy.
Last edit, I promise: Toronto seems to talk a lot. But Raynex, you're a cool guy.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Raynex has spoken. This seems like a cool list. If I go can I be on too, guys? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGAWIzgEMDo (last uploaded tournament match of me) And can someone link me to vids of KK and Euphoria? I've not seen you guys play at all...

Last edit, I promise: Toronto seems to talk a lot. But Raynex, you're a cool guy.
Not bad matches. I took the liberty of watching most of the final matches of the West Coast Tournament. I would say that we should consider Blunted_Object10, Cowear, and ManLi > Falsefalco and Noobking. But this is just my opinion. You guys might have better opinions.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD

Thanks.

Not bad matches. I took the liberty of watching most of the final matches of the West Coast Tournament. I would say that we should consider Blunted_Object10, Cowear, and ManLi > Falsefalco and Noobking. But this is just my opinion. You guys might have better opinions.
FalseFalco > Cowear. No offense, but he has a ****load more experience. He's been playing longer than I have.

Cowear is also relatively new to the scene I think. Would be buckle under the pressue? Has he ever been to a U.S. tournament? I'd rather sidestep the uncertainties and go with someone who I've seen do well in tournaments (that didn't happen last weekend). lol <3 Cowear no offense, just my opinion.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Manli?!?! For crew too yeah of course. Didn't know you were coming <3

FalseFalco just choked. He's really freakin ridiculous.

Cowear beat Noobking in the tourney but Noobking be better us thinkz

Is Ryan even coming though?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Thanks.

FalseFalco > Cowear. No offense, but he has a ****load more experience. He's been playing longer than I have.

Cowear is also relatively new to the scene I think. Would be buckle under the pressue? Has he ever been to a U.S. tournament? I'd rather sidestep the uncertainties and go with someone who I've seen do well in tournaments (that didn't happen last weekend). lol <3 Cowear no offense, just my opinion.
Actually, he's been playing and beating good people since he was 13. I think he's like 16 or 17 now. LOL the problem is that Ryan is a huge wildcard. For example, a few months ago he beat Eggz in tournament pretty handily. He has definitely been to US, in fact he went to OC2 (and beat Hiko iirc) but I know that was a while ago. But in this tournament, I beat him in 3 sets (apparently we skipped someone in the brackets so I had to replay him), and he just got discouraged.

Either way, so long as Carl doesn't choke, he really is really really good. I think his Marth chokes too much, Carl, you should seriously just pick Fox, practice for like a day, and ****. Carl>Cowear. Plus we need to be sexy and classy, and Cral ***** all of Canada hands down when it comes to that. With the possible exception of Chest-hair.

Enough said.

Patooty

Smash Ace
yeah, cowear's been playing competitively for like 5 years now. Also went 1-1 with CJ if you're gonna talk about OC2 lol. Is a good Peach/Sheik counter, but is probably not going to this tourney.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Not to intrude, but he's definitely not the prettiest in Canada :p

Top Bottom