• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canadian Salt Spill - Tool Link+

Veril

Frame Savant
This thread hasn't been updated since July, so even if it wasn't for the fact that the only change that has even been suggested for TL was a cosmetic one... You and I are both aware that Toon Link is gold other than possibly removing the silly but benign d-air aura-spike animation.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
There will come a time where Toon Link does not require panties in the opening post.

That time however, will not be today. >=(

zaf

Smash Lord
toon link is wicked
destructo is a wicked toon link player, hes consistent in tourney for some reason lol
maybe i need to be more patient like you

i did 2 stock him however ;)
but he beat me once, although i was sd-ing ( no johns i lost )
i should be using your tag man lol

keep on ****** destructo =D
you are the best gta b+ player, keep your title

give MTL a reason to come back to GTA and **** all over again

VietGeek

Smash Hero
zaf this is the thread

and yeah tl is most boring out of place ****ty character to ever walk brawl+

i think he's the reason why i'm trying to buy a boat for project m

you see i got several boats in place just for the apocalypse (fall of trollboards)

one in dustloop

another in brawl+ (i've decorated this boat a bit, looks cute)

another in melee (someone burned it internally though =( )

and trying to get one for pm

but really i need some sort of starcraft 2 beta key

might as well play expecting zerg dittos then get ***** by some terran user :012:

this is all relevant because toon link will have something done for him...

when i learn how to use the better features in sony vegas <___<

ThatGuy

Smash Master
toon link is wicked
destructo is a wicked toon link player, hes consistent in tourney for some reason lol
maybe i need to be more patient like you

i did 2 stock him however ;)
but he beat me once, although i was sd-ing ( no johns i lost )
i should be using your tag man lol

keep on ****** destructo =D
you are the best gta b+ player, keep your title

give MTL a reason to come back to GTA and **** all over again
zaf this is the thread

and yeah tl is most boring out of place ****ty character to ever walk brawl+

i think he's the reason why i'm trying to buy a boat for project m

you see i got several boats in place just for the apocalypse (fall of trollboards)

one in dustloop

another in brawl+ (i've decorated this boat a bit, looks cute)

another in melee (someone burned it internally though =( )

and trying to get one for pm

but really i need some sort of starcraft 2 beta key

might as well play expecting zerg dittos then get ***** by some terran user :012:

this is all relevant because toon link will have something done for him...

when i learn how to use the better features in sony vegas <___<
My god,
you guys even post
the same way.

zaf

Smash Lord
so as it stands. there are no changes happening to tl. he is staying exactly how he is now? no changes what so ever? curiosity

VietGeek

Smash Hero
ya

he seems kinda out of character in terms of physics but he's pretty balanced overall.

he's a lot more closely geared toward shifting between offense-defense (usually by running around like an ***)

i predict that match-ups are largely unchanged on his side. he will still have trouble vs characters that outrange or outdamage him (AKA high-top tier). also link vs tl is used to be 40:60 in tl's advantage, now it probably has flipped.

i think that more people later on will choose link over tl in B+ because link is a lot more solid (when a MU is in his advantage; he is a polarizing character). link is one of the few characters that can effectively zone out mid and CQC, TL is only good at the former (and not even by that much anymore). link can punish better and has good set-ups and true shield pressure. tl does not, but what he does have is good mobility.

tl is looking to be a solid mid-mid tier character with the sparse tournament representation he has. a lot of ppl are turned off by link not only because he has a fail streak in smash, but because his match-ups are more polarized than tl's. tl's MUs are wishy-washy (in terms of advantage) so they rarely go beyond 60:40 (for or against TL). TL is a safer choice for blind picks but link is the better CP character. also link has a good grab + real grab game; tl is just pummel and dthrow (and it's not hard to DI dthrow for comboability reduction either).

link now rewards you considerably for becoming more acquainted with him. tl looks better on paper but he lacks set-ups into things people are scared of (zair got turned into a tech chase but no free combos from before :012: ).

so...that just goes back to the point that tl is middle tier. i'm sure if we buffed his arrows and grabs we could've created a gay gay little boy (x2).

but that's in retrospect

just play him rofl

also Melee Link >>>>>>>>>> B+ TL/B+ Link in terms of Fun Speed Activate.

get at me *****es

:048::012:

zaf

Smash Lord
why the **** is the thread named after me lollllllll
i love it ^^

ill still main him regardless, i like the mobility and the speed. the only problem is his physics, why the **** is he so floaty for.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
you guys are pretty cold-hearted you know that? i could be freezing on the frigid glaciers of iceland greenland with a cold-blooded screech and all of you act as if you're all frozen.

w/e, ice don't see the point of complaining when i can just ice car down Kagutsuchi Avenue.

btw if you guys ever wanted to know where EXACTLY i put pre-5.0 almost broken (but no one but viet cared) dsmash knockback in the 5.0-present sets, here:

i mean it's pretty hard to land since a lolboring hitbox overlaps (and takes priority if you should hit in-between). but if you land this you can kill mario at 110%-no-DI-on-FD.

of course such a rare kodak moment move will probably not kill ur opponent anyway:

in which case here are two, no THREE expressions you can use should you hit ur opponent with this move:

1. (if you hit and they don't die):

2. (if you hit and they die):

OR

3. if you feel douche you can do this:

k-pop-culture is so superficial lol asia is so fake :012:

man i'm so helpful i bet you all l-lo--v e me

VietGeek

Smash Hero
choose the gif of ur choice <_<

zaf and lobos you two should like...be cool and post tips and ****

i mean since you two are obv so good unlike distructo

Lobos

Smash Master
I haven't played + since pound 4 >_>

I did play - for the 1st time ever last week and I loved it!

JCeasar told me to play project M, maybe soonish I will get around to doing that.

I also play + exactly how I play vbrawl, except knowing that I can "combo" and not trip while running. So I like to play aggro as much as possible.

Ask that scrub Hyro since we both played + with each other when he came for pound 4. (I wrecked his TL in +) :)

edit: Is there a new build out? lol I agree with viet melee link > all link/yl/tl variations
I might switch to Link + since he was my true main in melee ^.^

VietGeek

Smash Hero
screw hitstun melee link was THE BEST

i am not bias at all and make f-air statements without adherence to the grammatical clauses of the american-engrish language

obv :048:

zaf

Smash Lord
the thread name needs to be changed back =p

I was reading the b+ thread, and i think viet said that there were some minor changes to toon link. His dash attack and d-tilt. Do you mean that these are changes from vbrawl or from the last build?

i havent had anytime to test out toon link, but i will have some time tonight. Viet are you still coming over?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
the thread name needs to be changed back =p

I was reading the b+ thread, and i think viet said that there were some minor changes to toon link. His dash attack and d-tilt. Do you mean that these are changes from vbrawl or from the last build?
I meant those same changes since...forever in Brawl+. I don't think Toon Link was changed at all for gold.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
it's the Sakurai Angle that makes things randomly trip, induces forced get-ups, and does "Auto DI" making kill moves not work as effectively.

It's a minor buff basically.

Top Bottom