• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CANCELED Mods please delete

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
hehe this thread R funny >.< all of u PA touney holder pllz should rip out a page from battle Royale...best PA tourney by far...20setups more chairs then pllz and brackets ended early s0o pllz got a lot of frienndlies in . next one coming s0on

random i knowz
I have to agree with Dex. Battle Royale was an excellent tourney. There were a plethora of set ups including like 10 set ups just for friendlies. The venue was perfect and the turnout was great.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I'm going to this, who feels like teaming?
Can everybody just stop ragging on it, it's good practice for people who want to play. You can't complain about the venue when
1.You won't be here to attend the **** thing.
2. You aern't doing anything to help it out
3. You have nothing else to do, but come to this.
The negativity is seriously un-needed some just come, chill out, and have fun.
Not a TOO serious tourney, but still there's a chance to play people and we might have a somewhat decent turnout.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I just finished talking to my manager about the tournament. Sparing you the 45 minute conversation, basically this tourney is a no go. Too much chaos, and no benefit to the store were the main points.

Well, all you negative nannies, you all got what you want. I apologize to those who were looking forward to this, but there's nothing I can do.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I just finished talking to my manager about the tournament. Sparing you the 45 minute conversation, basically this tourney is a no go. Too much chaos, and no benefit to the store were the main points.

Well, all you negative nannies, you all got what you want. I apologize to those who were looking forward to this, but there's nothing I can do.
So wait u actually gave xzax the ok without even talking to bryan 1st? A whole lot could be said about that but whatever

Anyway of course the store needs a incentive to throw a tournament. This is probably how he will agree. The venue fee will be 5$ That 5$ go to preorders for the store. Simple. I don't think bryan will say no to basically free preorders. If he does it's cause he just don't want the noise in the store in which case u can't do anything about that. If u want me to ill talk to bryan. Also tell him that genesis is on the same day and smash players in the city needs something to do that day. In exchange for a 5$ venue fee singles will now be 5$ only to enter.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Did you not notice the 45 minute discussion part? I went through all of that with him. And these pre-orders you speak of. Who are they going to? I'll tell you who, either people who don't go to Game Crazy at all and will never return to pick up a game, or people who visit Game Crazy on a regular basis, and will have $5 on their account, waiting to be refunded.

Also, you mention that non-Genesis goers need something to do that weekend. All I've gotten for the most part is crap about this tournament, so as far as I can tell, they'll be just fine without this tournament.

mib004

Smash Ace
this was by far the funniest thread i ever read somebody host a tourny next week cause i be crazy if i went to genesis...........

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Did you not notice the 45 minute discussion part? I went through all of that with him. And these pre-orders you speak of. Who are they going to? I'll tell you who, either people who don't go to Game Crazy at all and will never return to pick up a game, or people who visit Game Crazy on a regular basis, and will have $5 on their account, waiting to be refunded.

Also, you mention that non-Genesis goers need something to do that weekend. All I've gotten for the most part is crap about this tournament, so as far as I can tell, they'll be just fine without this tournament.
Omg nm tusm im trying to help you. I wasn't winning no money from this so idc. Your the one thats looking bad by announcing a tournament and canceling it not me. The genesis thing was just something i thought would sway over bryan. Not that i was talking about us.

Yes it's true the preorders wouldn't be picked up. It still looks good for your monthly numbers. Just your pick up rate would look bad. Besides with stores in the district getting closed down yall need as many preorders as u can get wether they get picked up or not.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
OMG We can't go to Genesis so we need to hold a tourney this day!
-_-

Really? Is that your mindset from this? If anything it sounds more like possible money for people since Vex and I won't be there, which I've heard from plenty of people saying that they have a chance of winning money now, or that someone else does.

What about last weekend? You guys didn't go to Puffs, so what did you do. Did you NEED to hold a tourney? You probably should have since Vex Xzax Rogue and I were all busy! There's at least 2 of your top 3 there gone guaranteed.

When was the last one of this tourney? About 5 weeks before this one? Did you guys go to a tourney every single weekend for the past 5 weeks? No. So don't try to use can't go to Genesis johns for holding this. You guys sound like a mixture of NJ and whoever invented the term "john."

Roxas215

Smash Lord
-_-

Really? Is that your mindset from this? If anything it sounds more like possible money for people since Vex and I won't be there, which I've heard from plenty of people saying that they have a chance of winning money now, or that someone else does.

What about last weekend? You guys didn't go to Puffs, so what did you do. Did you NEED to hold a tourney? You probably should have since Vex Xzax Rogue and I were all busy! There's at least 2 of your top 3 there gone guaranteed.

When was the last one of this tourney? About 5 weeks before this one? Did you guys go to a tourney every single weekend for the past 5 weeks? No. So don't try to use can't go to Genesis johns for holding this. You guys sound like a mixture of NJ and whoever invented the term "john."
The hell are u talking about chibo? The genesis thing is just a name for the tournament and i just stated in my last post the genesis thing was a reason to sway the manager of letting tusm hold the tournament. Not that it's the mindset of everyone.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I kind of forgot that was the name of the tournament lol, but I've heard multiple times from people saying that various people can now win money without us here. I'm not angry at that, I hope every gets the chance to win tourneys at some point. I just hope that is not the sole reason for holding this. And I really doubt that will sway the manager lol. All it does really is guarantee him 2 less entrants to make money off of if there is a venue fee.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I kind of forgot that was the name of the tournament lol, but I've heard multiple times from people saying that various people can now win money without us here. I'm not angry at that, I hope every gets the chance to win tourneys at some point. I just hope that is not the sole reason for holding this. And I really doubt that will sway the manager lol. All it does really is guarantee him 2 less entrants to make money off of if there is a venue fee.
The manager isn't really smash savy and if i make it sound good i could probably convince him to let tusm hold it. I'll talk to him when i get back since im still in ocean city now. Also no disrespect but vex(and andy) is the only ones we would be worried about(Also rogue but i haven't seen him at tournaments recently but i know he is hella good now and recently beat andy in tourney). All of us go even with you chobo. Didn't tusm beat you the last 2 times? lol I guess me personally i would be worried about xzax but those are just mk johns lol i think tusm matt and terrance would go head to head with xzax in tourney setting.

(When i say all of us i mean the locals around here which is me kaylo tusm matt and terrance)

I swear i just need to find a venue and start hosting tournaments myself. But im too lazy lol.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
-_-

Honestly what's the point in being so negative about it if you came. No disrespect,but you wouldn't win money anyway to be perfectly honest.Maybe i'm taking how you phrased that wrong, but it seems like your saying that your like a HUGE threat to people's pocket. IDK but i feel that i'm just as much a threat to the pot as you are, and no one is out there saying "****, i gotta face .com next. Let's see who i have in losers" lol. Vex yes, Rogue yes, Xzax eh somewhat. It doesan't make sense to complain about this tourney when you won't even be there to attend. Or is it upsetting you that there's a PA tourney that you won't be able to attend. Here's the deal people couldn't really find ways to get to Puff's sure there was public transportation, but that was a lot of hassle and a lot of time that people didn't feel like putting up with. I actually wanted to go even though i knew the turnout wasn't going to be the bee's knee's, but i was held up that day with no money(another valid "reason" people couldn't go), in a place where i'm generally not allowed to go out and do things like that. It just seems really childish to be now throwing eggs at this tournament , from California basically. Get ready for genesis or something and play wifi.

It does suck that this has to be cancelled, but I always knew that white guy was an *******. Obviously there are ways that the store would benefit from this, like maybe you could increase some fee, so thaqt they get a store cut or what the **** ever(I don't know how that **** works) BUT **** happens. Go figure.

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Sucks that the tourney was canceled, I was really hoping for it, cause now I have to go to NY for a tourney.

By the way, I didn't know Smash was about the venue being perfect. I mean I would have gone to this tourney regardless just because I wanted to get better, no matter the circumstance. Since when was smash about the venue?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I'd say it started about the same time I started hosting my tournaments here. Like you said, apparently Smash tournaments isn't about Smash anymore. Everyone seems to be more into interior design than Brawl.

I am officially done with this thread, and I can guarantee you all, nothing that anyone says is going to make this happen. If my boss does somehow change his mind, which I seriously doubt, I will still refuse to host this tournament. Truth betold, I didn't want to host it anyway.

flizzz

Smash Cadet
You guys sound like a mixture of NJ and whoever invented the term "john."[/QUOTE]

Whoa! MOTHER F**KING WHOA. You putting jersey out dere like dis? ****....

Jersey has reasons for not goin to tournys and stuff.......(well south jersey)

Dude we work like slaves....when we don't work kyuu is hanging out with his gf meximadnezz....you know he changes his mind like a |>itch changes clothes (thanks kattie perry)

And me...I would of went sense I actully knew where this venue is and how to get there but......I guess not....

Hay tusm. Shoryuken your boss....and don't worry if he hits you...you have super armor untill you land....

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
sorry, of course I meant central and northern NJ lol
referring to that where they shut down if there isnt some sort of an event close to them on any given weekend

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
O ****. Thats not pikapwned thats raichupwned! only a fully evolved pkmn packs a punch that hard! lmao

Seriously though tusm you telling me if i convince bryan your still not going to host it?
No. After the last one I hosted there, I told him I wasn't going to do them anymore. It's not worth it, not to me anyway. He seemed pretty set on not changing his mind, so I don't think talking to him would've did any good anyway.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
O ****. Thats not pikapwned thats raichupwned! only a fully evolved pkmn packs a punch that hard! lmao
Lol! I told you through text..... I'm like Ash's Pikachu, I refuse to evolve. :mad: I'm just that hax powerful.

No. After the last one I hosted there, I told him I wasn't going to do them anymore. It's not worth it, not to me anyway. He seemed pretty set on not changing his mind, so I don't think talking to him would've did any good anyway.
So find a different venue. Ask people to help you. We can make it work, but throwing up your hands and giving up is kind of a wimp move, not gonna lie.

I'm lazy. If I have to travel to NY for a tournament, I'm not going, and I've been kind of in a MIB mood lately, wanting to play Smash..... if something doesn't happen the weekend of Genesis, I might be highly upset!!!

Also, lol @your signature.

for a crew, you guys sure do cry a lot.
Well, I can't co-sign a point against my crew, but I think some people could use a little more positive energy. <3

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Whoa, whoa...................whoa.

Whoa.

I only said I didn't want to host at GC anymore. I never said I didn't want to host tournaments PERIOD. Getting a venue within a week isn't easy, and the money would have to come from multiple people. If you and Evan wanna help me look for a venue, then I say "Let's goez."

Whoa.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Whoa, whoa...................whoa.

Whoa.

I only said I didn't want to host at GC anymore. I never said I didn't want to host tournaments PERIOD. Getting a venue within a week isn't easy, and the money would have to come from multiple people. If you and Evan wanna help me look for a venue, then I say "Let's goez."

Whoa.
Whoa.

Let's goez, then.

......After I get back from NY, lol. (Waiting for my sister to finish getting ready so we can go to dinner and see some ****ing fireworks.)

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Why not at someone's house like you guys did last time?
I like to look at things in the long run. Houses are good for small gatherings. I want to host city-wide tournament sometime in the future. Nothing CoT4 sized yet, but something larger than what I'm accustomed to.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Why not at someone's house like you guys did last time?
Houses/Apts are good for like smashfests and small local tourneys. TUSM sounds like he's trying to host a good amount of people at tournaments in which case someone's living room wont be able to hold everyone lol.

Anyway me kaylo and chibo will help u. Chibo said he already called some people!

Top Bottom