• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CANCELLED FOR AWHILE PROBABLY — Chicago smashfests by Cosmo & Mendoza

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
because midwest is the bottom of the barrel at this game lets step it up son!!!!

These will be held on Wednesdays at Cosmo+Mendoza's place starting at 6:30 PM and lasting into the night

2524 W Cortez St. (front basement apartment)
Chicago IL 60622

this is Melee only

we might start doing like $2 tournaments at these too

everybody is welcome!

come through the gate on the side.

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
omg are you kidding me
you guys are holding smashfests in Chicago on the same night and time I have night classes each week?
you're making me cry here...
I'm gonna try to be there for as long as I can but seriously ****

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
take the Blue Line to Western and take the 49 bus southbound and get off at Division or Thomas.

alternatively take the Red Line to Clark/Division and take the 70 bus westbound and get off at Western or Campbell.

these both leave you within a couple blocks of the place

google maps can solve anything!!

the 49 bus runs all night so you can easily get back to the blue line no problem.

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
Oh nice...google maps actually failed me as they had me taking a different bus dropping me off with a distance much longer than I was willing to walk

However with these new developments I think I should be coming to this. Do you have a phone # I could call in case I can't find your place?

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
call 715-252-1722 (temporary phone im borrowing for now)

if you make it, go through the gate on the left side, and walk down and knock on the door

FluiD

Smash Apprentice
This is an awesome idea i have always said that midwest nedds bi-weekly tourneys or some **** and this is too good props to you guys

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
I had a good time at this. Also the people riding public transportation at 3am are extremely sketchy.

:uzi: :zelda: :rocket:

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
I need to get better with Marth and Sheik so I can deal with that LIGHTNING CHARGED STILETTO OUT OF NOWHERE
GGs everyone, I'll be back next week but I'll need to leave earlier--getting back home at a quarter to five is unacceptable.

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
because midwest is the bottom of the barrel at this game lets step it up son!!!!

These will be held on Wednesdays at Cosmo+Mendoza's place starting at 6:00 PM and lasting into the night

2524 W Cortez St. (front basement apartment)
Chicago IL 60622

this is Melee only

we might start doing like $2 tournaments at these too

everybody is welcome!

I will be at this... also I live at 200 N dearborn literally a 30 second walk off the blue/line stop 'clark/lake' ... we could prolly get together to play quite often.

-Zec

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
...says the lazy fuck with no parking spot at his apartment. LOL
That parking spot costs more than parents pay on their mortgage. I had some people visit though and it cost only $14 on the weekend to stay between 12-24 hours at this one garage. That's not bad... I think you could afford that ray. I'll even do a $14 MM with you when you visit...you can win your money back and get free parking!

-Zec

Mendoza

Smash Apprentice
I will be at this... also I live at 200 N dearborn literally a 30 second walk off the blue/line stop 'clark/lake' ... we could prolly get together to play quite often.

-Zec
Sure thing. Cosmo and I are always playing. We can discuss more on Wednesday.

Mendoza

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who is driving up here, please call me so I can tell you where the parking is.

Kels, don't be a fro.

toadturtle3

Smash Cadet
Would anyone here be interested in playing me sometime before SMYM? I live in Worth which is a southwest suburb if you haven't heard of it and I work downtown during the week. I'm willing to host or travel; it doesn't matter to me. SMYM will be my first tournament and I'd like to get some practice in before then. Anytime this weekend or after work next week would work for me.

Thanks

Bo

cykofox

Smash Ace
Would anyone here be interested in playing me sometime before SMYM? I live in Worth which is a southwest suburb if you haven't heard of it and I work downtown during the week. I'm willing to host or travel; it doesn't matter to me. SMYM will be my first tournament and I'd like to get some practice in before then. Anytime this weekend or after work next week would work for me.

Thanks

Bo
pretty close to worth hit me up 7083690558

toadturtle3

Smash Cadet
hey cykofox, I'd love to play sometime soon. Are you free this weekend? Friday after 6:30 or all day Saturday works for me. If 1980 wants to come we can get some team battles in too. I have a friend that I'll probably be teaming with at the tourney that would like to play as well. And where would you want to play? We can either come out by you, or I can host at my (parent's) house in Worth, or my buddy has his own condo in Downers Grove with a pretty sweet setup. Just let me know.

Top Bottom