• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CANCELLED FOR AWHILE PROBABLY — Chicago smashfests by Cosmo & Mendoza

cykofox

Smash Ace
hey cykofox, I'd love to play sometime soon. Are you free this weekend? Friday after 6:30 or all day Saturday works for me. If 1980 wants to come we can get some team battles in too. I have a friend that I'll probably be teaming with at the tourney that would like to play as well. And where would you want to play? We can either come out by you, or I can host at my (parent's) house in Worth, or my buddy has his own condo in Downers Grove with a pretty sweet setup. Just let me know.
i can play on sat after 3pm. we can play at your place in worth. melee doesnt need a fancy setup, plus i can bring mine.

toadturtle3

Smash Cadet
Ok then.

Smash Saturday, March 06 starting at 3:00 PM until anytime at my place. Here's all the relevant info:

7301 W 112th Pl
Worth, IL 60482
Phone: 708-256-0328
AIM: marist86

Open to anyone, just let me know if you're coming so I have an idea of what to expect. I'll have 3 full set-ups available so don't worry about anything like that. If you have any questions, just let me know. Hope you all can make it.

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
Ok then.

Smash Saturday, March 06 starting at 3:00 PM until anytime at my place. Here's all the relevant info:

7301 W 112th Pl
Worth, IL 60482

Open to anyone, just let me know if you're coming so I have an idea of what to expect. I'll have 3 full set-ups available so don't worry about anything like that. If you have any questions, just let me know. Hope you all can make it.
I think I'm going to come to this.

Kels88

Smash Lord
Ok then.

7301 W 112th Pl
Worth, IL 60482

I'll try and make it.

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
Eh nvm, I missed the first bus going out and I wouldn't have had enough time to buy a train ticket.

toadturtle3

Smash Cadet
Awesome matches everyone. I'm really glad you guys came out. We'll definitely have to play again sometime. I gotta work on getting my consistency up.

And to those who couldn't make it, I hope to get the chance to meet you some other time.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
we will be doing a $2 tournament this week with some wacky low payout so a lot of people get some money back (THIS MEANS NOBODY CAN JOHN OUT)

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
if cunning goes to SMYM he is money matching you for me, if he wins i get the money, if you win i get the money, sounds good?

just mail me $20 and well call it straight
ROFL! cunning is still good, but i don't know how well he'd do at smym.

can't believe you're not going, george.....you're missing another chance to get ***** by my marth

DoctorBendz

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna try and be there on Wednesday, depending on whether or not I feel up to an all nighter (Long Drive back means if I sleep I'll sleep through class...) Most likely I WILL go though.

I need every chance I can get to try and get better, I got literally nobody to play with and just started in like, december. Pillaring boxes is getting pretty old.

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
As will I, I might be a bit late for the tournament though because I can't be there until 8:30.

DoctorBendz

Smash Cadet
2x post.

i witnessed many game breaking moments yesterday, too many for one post.

fox and zelda both need to be banned.

Yeah, watching that Zelda beat Kels made me feel better about my scrubtacular performance against her. (*ahem*, not the rest of the night though :laugh:)

I'm buying a non HD tv, I swear to god. No longer will I have incorrect muscle memory!
/johns

Thanks for having us over, playing with REAL PEOPLE (who actually care) helps SO MUCH. Hopefully I'll be able to start coming out with some regularity.

See you on saturday. Zelda is gonna take SMYM.

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
ggs everybody

I still can't believe how badly I lose to Zelda. Also Kels is ridiculous. Good luck to everybody at SMYM

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
So I was thinking, at next week's smashfest, I'd like to take some time and just practice techniques with someone. Mainly I want to drill techniques I can't do alone, such as:
- chaingrabbing (when I'm Marth and I manage to grab Fox or Falco at 10% I wanna make them my *****, but I can't react to DI that well)
- tech chasing (see above, except with Sheik or CF instead of Marth)
- ledge teching (I know how to do it but not really when)
- running powershield (I can stand across the stage and powershield Falco's lasers just fine, but if they approach with lasers I can't really do anything)
- double-stick DI and floor teching (This is so unbelievably irritating to practice by myself, particularly because I can't do it in training mode and because I have to control the attacking character with my feet)

Also I want to get better at fighting good space animal and Captain Falcon players. Before these smashfests I've never fought a Falcon who didn't think raptor boost -> up b was his best combo, and I've never fought a Fox player at all.
If there happens to be a free setup, would anyone be willing to oblige?

Smash Journeyman
So I was thinking, at next week's smashfest, I'd like to take some time and just practice techniques with someone. Mainly I want to drill techniques I can't do alone, such as:
- chaingrabbing (when I'm Marth and I manage to grab Fox or Falco at 10% I wanna make them my *****, but I can't react to DI that well)
- tech chasing (see above, except with Sheik or CF instead of Marth)
- ledge teching (I know how to do it but not really when)
- running powershield (I can stand across the stage and powershield Falco's lasers just fine, but if they approach with lasers I can't really do anything)
- double-stick DI and floor teching (This is so unbelievably irritating to practice by myself, particularly because I can't do it in training mode and because I have to control the attacking character with my feet)

Also I want to get better at fighting good space animal and Captain Falcon players. Before these smashfests I've never fought a Falcon who didn't think raptor boost -> up b was his best combo, and I've never fought a Fox player at all.
If there happens to be a free setup, would anyone be willing to oblige?
i see chicago on your location but where are u in chicago??
im down to give u some fox / falco practice. if your up for it let me know when u are free and we will set sumething up:)

chansen

Smash Lord
Id love to come to one of these with zicore. I'm itching for smash now that i have a working controller.

Rat

Smash Lord
u guys live close to the CTA or metra? (Gmaps said to take a bus for like 45 minutes.)

I'm gonna be home for some of spring break (next week) and I need to play.

Rat

Smash Lord
wait scratch me coming on wednesday not gonna be back in time.

Anyone want to smash thursday or friday? I need to lose the rust for winthrop harbor.

Scythe

Smash Master
I might be able to Rat. My spring break is this week. Also do you have a teammate this weekend?

Mendoza

Smash Apprentice
Scythe, I think I may have to take Rat as a teammate.
But anyone willing to come down tomorrow night, I'm gonna be here. No ****ing johns.

Top Bottom