• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CANDY's wolf vids

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
Wow Candy, what a great Wolf! Nice placement of sh fairs and bairs. Your use of reflector and laser is great as spacing and defense. And you use some neat tricks (just like me : D) like the fair fakeout to fsmash... love doing that one. Overall, your Wolf is golden : ) One thing I noticed is you don't smash alot, maybe that could of ended some stocks earlier, like Mario for example? Still I loved watching this..would you like to brawl in fact?

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Your offence game is very good, but Defence, defence, defence. You need to work on your def. Dodging, reflector stuning and more grabbing.

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
Mitsurugi may I ask what do you mean by defense? I thought his use of reflector was great, maybe you mean shielding perhaps?

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
lol thanks alot smashisfun ^_^....i would smash with you but my internet dont work on my wii...iono why =\...ima try to fix it tonight and i'll play when you when its fix....also now that i rewatched the vids i see what you mean by smashing more....i'll take that into consideration...thnx ^_^
mitsurugi: the best defense is a great offense....plus with ppl like boss...you cant rele go on the D b/c you will get *****...the only way to stay in the game against really good ppl is not give them a chance to go into offense...thats why reflector is so good b/c its a combo breaker ^_^

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
You think as you please, but as avid wolf player I'm tellin you your use of the reflector is flawed and general def game is lacking. You get hit far to much. I'm not downin your skill, I'm really not tryin to do that, but do you think for one second (if and/or when you do get into the big time) that some one like chu' dat or DSF is gonna let your constant missed attacks and reflects go without punishment? You've got a great offence game and getting a comment like that from me is an accomplishment. But you gotta keep in mind, one of IC's chain grabs is alot of ground to make up and from all of my testing and training, wolfs reflector is one of the better ways keep that kind of stuff from happening.....

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
So do you suggest more reflecting Misurugi? Cause heck look at Germ's Wolf, very aggressive, and it works. He beat DSF's Snake with his shannigans so I would argue aggressiveness is actually pretty good considering if you know how to space and whatnot.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
You think as you please, but as avid wolf player I'm tellin you your use of the reflector is flawed and general def game is lacking. You get hit far to much. I'm not downin your skill, I'm really not tryin to do that, but do you think for one second (if and/or when you do get into the big time) that some one like chu' dat or DSF is gonna let your constant missed attacks and reflects go without punishment? You've got a great offence game and getting a comment like that from me is an accomplishment. But you gotta keep in mind, one of IC's chain grabs is alot of ground to make up and from all of my testing and training, wolfs reflector is one of the better ways keep that kind of stuff from happening.....
i know what you mean.....but your gonna get hit either way...you saying i get hit too much doesnt mean squat b/c every1 gets hit in games....its not like the ppl i play are horrible...there just as good as me....and dont talk about big time or anything like that....i live in the same area as chu dat and i consistently do better than him in singles...in my area we got ppl like chillin, azen, m2k(doesnt live her but comes to the tournys with velocity), and many many other huge brawl names...and i consistently get top 4-7...im not trying to brag or anything...im just saying that ive seen how good ppl play and they all go aggressive....of course theres acouple exceptions like IC and olimar...but if you play them you just play smarter...reflect IC to seporate the two from each other....yes i appreciate all the outtake you givin me and i will defenetly have it into consideration ^_^

So do you suggest more reflecting Misurugi? Cause heck look at Germ's Wolf, very aggressive, and it works. He beat DSF's Snake with his shannigans so I would argue aggressiveness is actually pretty good considering if you know how to space and whatnot.
yea most defenetly true...you can even say that spacing is pretty much an agressive version of defense :-P

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Yes I've seen the vids and his tactics wern't flawless either, but did you notice something? He dodged, shielded, used the grab and lasered a heck of alot more aka def moves. Like I said B4 I'm not downin his skill, I'll say it "the guyz got skillz" but his def game lacks polish.

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
Ya wtf man I can't do shorthop bairs online its so frustrating. I mean the correct way, where the kick hits from lets say the neck down, not the one that goes high up and only hits high if that makes sense. Wifi is really starting to get to me, from the Snakes and Foxes that I can't beat because the **** thing doesn't register what I want it to.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Ya wtf man I can't do shorthop bairs online its so frustrating. I mean the correct way, where the kick hits from lets say the neck down, not the one that goes high up and only hits high if that makes sense. Wifi is really starting to get to me, from the Snakes and Foxes that I can't beat because the **** thing doesn't register what I want it to.
I know what you mean.... playing wolf or any char for that matter with red-orange connection in 3/4second lag is nothing but a reason to become angry. Thats why I play very little online brawl, I dont think I've ever gotten a connection over orange B4.:ohwell:

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Candy nice games, I'd love to play you sometime. I'm trying to play as many top players as I can, every char but since your wolf even better, though i admit my wolf v wolf game is kinda weak. I really appreciate these videos since mario is my number 2 and kirbs is my number 4. Though my wolf still blows my mario out of the water, I eventually want to be alot better with mario.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
Yes I've seen the vids and his tactics wern't flawless either, but did you notice something? He dodged, shielded, used the grab and lasered a heck of alot more aka def moves. Like I said B4 I'm not downin his skill, I'll say it "the guyz got skillz" but his def game lacks polish.
so what if germ does that stuff?? just b/c 1 person does somthing doesnt mean every1 copies them...ppl have there own way of playing...and i honestly think that im better than the germ...but thats just my opinion

Candy nice games, I'd love to play you sometime. I'm trying to play as many top players as I can, every char but since your wolf even better, though i admit my wolf v wolf game is kinda weak. I really appreciate these videos since mario is my number 2 and kirbs is my number 4. Though my wolf still blows my mario out of the water, I eventually want to be alot better with mario.
like i told smashisfun...my internet isnt working on my wii...but when it works i'll be more than glad to play you online ^_^

everyone else....thanks for the positvie feedback ^_^

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
It means you're a really good Wolf player xD

If possible, tomorrow, could we have some matches? I'm sure I could learn a lot from your Wolf, if possible.

And I'd love to see you and Germ face off, I would pay to see that match xD

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Your Wolf is beautiful. Looks like you 0 lag Fair with the C-Stick judging by your DI. I wish I had the dexterity to do that consistently, I have to resort to sliding from X to A.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
so what if germ does that stuff?? just b/c 1 person does somthing doesnt mean every1 copies them...ppl have there own way of playing...and i honestly think that im better than the germ...but thats just my opinion.

Dude I never said he was better......:ohwell: *sighs* Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, chalk it up as constructive criticium. Fight me sometime and if lag isn't too bad, I'll be happy to show you what I'm talking about.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
lol settle down, for some reason I feel Candy wouldn't learn much from an online match with you.........but meeeee? lulz

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
lol settle down, for some reason I feel Candy wouldn't learn much from an online match with you.........but meeeee? lulz
I'm hoping that was sarcasm, cause if it wasn't what you said was very foolish, judging skill based on opinion. Underestimation would probly cost you a stock.
xxCANDYxx said:
ahha the internet in my house sucks.....so chances are if i played you guys it would be extremely laggy unfortenetly =\
Trust me, I'm in the same boat. Plus playin online in a competitive manner is a joke anyway. I just wanted show you what I meant.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
Your Wolf is beautiful. Looks like you 0 lag Fair with the C-Stick judging by your DI. I wish I had the dexterity to do that consistently, I have to resort to sliding from X to A.

lol...i actually play pretty weird....i use X for jumping most of the time, but when i have to do the no lag fair i use Y. its pretty easy b/c you press Y and slide your thumb to A pretty fast

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
I always liked you wolf anyway, it is the extreme haxor Wolf, lol. Now I feel strange since I dont use Y or X lol, I just use the joystick and the c-stick to 0 Lag Fair.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
I wanna fight someone! It would be a great way for you guys to learn how not to play wolf. Does anyone else use a crazy amount of upsmashes? I dunno why but I almost like it better than down even though down kills easier. CaNdY yo wulf is lyke teh 1337haxxorz

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
lol...i actually play pretty weird....i use X for jumping most of the time, but when i have to do the no lag fair i use Y. its pretty easy b/c you press Y and slide your thumb to A pretty fast
Yeah you're right. I'm trying Y for 0 lag fair now that you mentioned it and i'm liking it a lot.

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
Koskinator you should watch your tongue, I doubt Candy would learn anything from you...I know I didn't considering our matches was severely close and they were online. Regardless, Candy we appreciate you posting your videos hopefully we will keep in touch, and maybe get some matches going :bee:

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Koskinator you should watch your tongue, I doubt Candy would learn anything from you...I know I didn't considering our matches was severely close and they were online. Regardless, Candy we appreciate you posting your videos hopefully we will keep in touch, and maybe get some matches going :bee:
Maybe you should read things more carefully? I was kidding, as I'm quite sure everyone could tell. And I wouldn't expect you to learn anything from me. And as I recall, after our matches, you asked me for tips on your game afterwards.

nohomo

Smash Rookie
Candy, are you going to be in the tournament in Laurel? I've seen you around at Critical Hits, and you wanna do some friendlies vs my Wario? They can be MM too i guess lol

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
smashisfun: yea i'll def hit you up whenever i get my internet up lol
nohomo: which tourny in laurel? if its not too far from me than i'll go...and yea id def wanna play your wario ^_^

and for ppl that are willing to travel far....goto Critical Hit 3 tourny is MD....its a $3000 pot so its gonna be THE biggest tourny yet with the best ppl in the US being there...just letting ppl know if there interested...the more the merrier ^_^

nohomo

Smash Rookie
Well you went to Critical Hit, so I take it you live in MD? Anyways, its like 40 minutes north of Sykesville if that helps at all.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
i live in VA...so CH as aleady like an hour away lol...so iono if i'll go

but yea...i fixed my internet on my wii ^_^...so any1 who wants to play me just put your friend code here and i'l see when we can play
kk thanks^_^

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
**** thats to far away from Louisiana lol, unless I can rally up some quick cash and catch a plane or something.

Top Bottom