• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't beat lvl9 computers!?! WTF

SlashMolder

Smash Apprentice
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=41682928
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=41834358
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=41735634
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=41792838
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pX5HzwY5AOc

OMFG

SOMEONE TELL THIS GUY TO ENTER MLG TOURNAMENTS!!!!

IS THIS THE FIRST TIME ANYONE HAS EVER BEATEN A LEVEL 9?!
From Kuroth_Neidra Posted 3/4/2008 3:18:07 PM
honestly i dont understand whats so hard about beating lvl 9's.....

Could it be the fact that they're ******* computers and have nearly instantaneous reflexes? Are you aware how long it takes a computer to react to input by the user? In almost all cases, under 1/100th of a second. The INSTANT you make a move, shield, dodge, anything, the computer ALREADY KNOWS what you did and REACTS BEFORE the animation even starts! Yes, on occasion you *might* be able to hit a level 9, but that's the exception, not the rule. It's the equivalent of you playing chess with a squirrel; the squirrel might on an extremely rare occasion take one of your pieces, but it's really no contest.

People who say they can beat a level 9 are saying that they have a reaction speed faster than a computer, which we all know is a lie. So stop trolling and start thinking before you post.

Honestly, this makes decent sense.

WE ARE GOING TO ASSUME FOR JUST A SECOND THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO BEAT A LVL9

The hardest part about fighting a lvl9 is their insane reflex time. By the time your on them, they are gone/have hit you first. I can beat them just I'll usually have to be kinda warey of what they are doing

K LIES ARE OVER NOW

Yeah lvl9s are too hard for any mortal to beat. Maybe Chuck Norris could..but he isn't mortal so *shrug*.
After my post here I got so many angry Emails its not even funny.

Wow you are all noobs. It is very easy to beat a level 9 computer. Here are old videos of me beating them ages ago. I can now beat them without getting touched. Just get a life it is not hard to do. Watch some pro matches too.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pcLXDb6HGNc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z10w66xAmBk
I'm wondering what's wrong with them. I know I kinda got angry when I posted but still WOW what's wrong with them?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
The real question is what's wrong with you? My sarcasm detectors are either broken or not detecting sarcasm in this thread, which leads me to believe that you are actually taking a thread on gamefaqs seriously... Did you also know that gamefaqs denies the existence of Mewtwo in Melee?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Time for some EXTREME sarcasm! :) :chuckle: ;) :p :laugh:

-GameFaqs thinks Roy is top tier. Take it from a Roy user-he's mid tier at best.

-GamFaqs thinks Game and Watch is a government conspiracy.

-GameFaqs thinks there is a Fire Emblem stage you can play on without hacking into the game.

-GameFaqs thinks Final Destination is only playable on classic and adventure mode, plus the IMPOSSIBLE event matches! o_O

-GameFaqs thinks the same thing about Battlefield, but you can get it via Event Match 50. Which is another government conspiracy! CURSE YOU CIA DOGS! o_O

-GameFaqs thinks that there are only 42 trophies in the game. There are actually around 300.

-GameFaqs thinks underwear is a lie.

-GameFaqs thinks the random stage select button will destroy the world when pressed.

-GameFaqs thinks Ken uses a special hack to be the best. A hack called "skill" that is consider "unfair" in their book of "we must win every game with the instant win button".

-GameFaqs thinks GameFaqs is a lie. A lie started by the Chinese government, no less, to take the world over with communist idealogies.

I spent like 12 days there, and it was sad. It was very sad. I sucked balls compared to me now in smash, and I was the best smasher there. They talked about how Mewtwo was a conspiracy created by Mother fanatics to piss of Pokémon fanboys, who said Lucas was suppose to replace Ness in Melee, which lead on to a giant lie of a conspiracy. I said I unlocked Mewtwo, and they said I was lying. NJK! :laugh:

Never take GameFaqs seriously. EVER!

Nexus_of_Sanity

Smash Rookie
Gamefaqs

Gamefaqs ain't THAT bad. When I was thre, I spent all my time on the TP boards, but got a bit fed up of the uncensored spammage. And SM, don't feel embarassed. Feel anger at those n00bs on gamefaqs :mad: Whoever made the comment that fighting lvl 9s is like being a squirrel playing chess has gotta be one of the dumbest people I've ever hear of.

lol, anyway, your first post REALLY confused me. I'm quite bad at SSBM, and yet i can defeat Lvl 9s (perhaps I underrate myself :confused:) But in a tournament at a friend's house, I was playing as Link :link: (fav char always) and I closely beat a Lvl. 9 marth. But in the next match, I got nailed (Stock match, 10 lives) by a Lvl. 7 Falco, who beat me with FOUR lives remaining

EDIT: I looked at those threads on GFaqs. I can honestly say that got on my nerves so much. I was tempted to log in and post something about their extreme n00bishness, but I didn't think it would achieve anything :mad::mad::mad:

Nexus_of_Sanity

Smash Rookie
That wouldn't achieve anything because it's just a joke that the regulars play on the newcomers. Beating a level 9 doesn't make you good.
i know. I can beat a lvl9 but I'm really bad. Anyway, it was quite annoying because they flamed the ppl who weren't in on the joke and were just confused by everyone's actual/feigned n00bishness

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Imagine how scary level 9's would be if they RAN at you!
Level 9's aren't too difficult, just use a variety of different, quick attacks.
And don't feel compelled to use all these advanced techs thrown around here, against the computer they're not needed.
I remember when I thought I was the best player ever when I beat a level 9 Link Marth and Roy all on a team against me, haha XD
And seriously, I hope those Gfaq people were taking the piss...

Sworddancer9034

Smash Apprentice
I been on the gamefaqs ssbm boards for quite a long time (about 2 years more then I have been on smashboards) and we joke around all the time. The jokes themselfes arn't really funny, but what is funny is seeing people (mainly newcomers) fall for it, even though most of the time the sarcasm in them is quite obvisious.

Point being, if you want to seriously talk smash, your are going to have to go somewhere else. =p

Oh and hey Mura! =D

nintendoatlarge

Smash Cadet
Time for some EXTREME sarcasm! :) :chuckle: ;) :p :laugh:

-GameFaqs thinks Roy is top tier. Take it from a Roy user-he's mid tier at best.

-GamFaqs thinks Game and Watch is a government conspiracy.

-GameFaqs thinks there is a Fire Emblem stage you can play on without hacking into the game.

-GameFaqs thinks Final Destination is only playable on classic and adventure mode, plus the IMPOSSIBLE event matches! o_O

-GameFaqs thinks the same thing about Battlefield, but you can get it via Event Match 50. Which is another government conspiracy! CURSE YOU CIA DOGS! o_O

-GameFaqs thinks that there are only 42 trophies in the game. There are actually around 300.

-GameFaqs thinks underwear is a lie.

-GameFaqs thinks the random stage select button will destroy the world when pressed.

-GameFaqs thinks Ken uses a special hack to be the best. A hack called "skill" that is consider "unfair" in their book of "we must win every game with the instant win button".

-GameFaqs thinks GameFaqs is a lie. A lie started by the Chinese government, no less, to take the world over with communist idealogies.

I spent like 12 days there, and it was sad. It was very sad. I sucked balls compared to me now in smash, and I was the best smasher there. They talked about how Mewtwo was a conspiracy created by Mother fanatics to piss of Pokémon fanboys, who said Lucas was suppose to replace Ness in Melee, which lead on to a giant lie of a conspiracy. I said I unlocked Mewtwo, and they said I was lying. NJK! :laugh:

Never take GameFaqs seriously. EVER!
Lying doesn't make you the best smasher at gfaqs.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
most of the "inside" jokes are really really easy to notice that we're not being serious

even when we say we're completely serious, we aren't.

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
A while ago in Melee I watched a Lv1 CPU beat 3 Lv9 CPU's! And the match was handicapped; the Lv9's were each hcp 9, the Lv1 was hcp 1. And the Lv9's were on the same team. The Lv1 was Pichu, the Lv9's were all Bowsers!
Incredible; how could this happen!?

kario_mart

Smash Cadet
hahahaha thats so weird. roy is totally not top tier, hes ok but fox and falco are def the best.

kario_mart

Smash Cadet
A while ago in Melee I watched a Lv1 CPU beat 3 Lv9 CPU's! And the match was handicapped; the Lv9's were each hcp 9, the Lv1 was hcp 1. And the Lv9's were on the same team. The Lv1 was Pichu, the Lv9's were all Bowsers!
Incredible; how could this happen!?
r u serious?:confused: that doesnt make sense...

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Kario... look at the post you quoted, then look at the Original Post. Then look at the quoted post again.

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
ZOMG LVL 9s ARE SO HARD I MEAN U CANT JUST SPAM THEM WITH FOX'S LASERS AND HOPE THEY TRY AND POWERSHIELD EVERY SINGLE ONE AND EASILY RACK UP THEIR DMG!!!!

deaner92

Smash Rookie
idk...i haven competed in a tournament ever, and i can beat a level 9...but it is on brawl, so it may be different.

and what your saying about reaction time and stuff is false. The programmers dotn give PERFECT reaction time to top level, becuase NO HUMAN coud beat a computers reaction time. Just because it is top level doesnt mean its the best the computer has got to give

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
r u serious?:confused: that doesnt make sense...
here's the explanation; the stage was the Icicle Mountain, and it was moving upwards. The Pichu had the speed and agility to keep up with that upward movement, while the Bowsers didn't.

SacredThunder

Smash Cadet
practicing on lvl 9s is no good, messes you up against real people. when you can 3 stock a lvl 9 consistenly then stop playing them. go to lvl 1 cpus to practice combos and stuff

Spife

Smash Master
lol Gamefaqs
lol people lying about beating lvl 9s
lol mura and xan
lol i'm going to put xan in my computer and use him as hd space
lol gamefaqs I love that place

Top Bottom