• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Import using 3DS Max 2011

mcgungus1985

Smash Rookie
So I'm trying to follow a tutorial on how to import models over SSBB characters in 3DS Max 2011 ( http://unotaku.com/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41996.0 ) and I've been having nothing but rotten luck in doing so. I can follow the tutorial up until the part where the polygon must be rigged at the vertices (part IV in the guide), and to be honest, it's bugging the he** out of me, since I can't get it work when I import into BrawlBox 0.65. The exported .dae files will either not load at all (with an error) or when they do load, all animations are jacked up (distorted).

Let's say I want to import FitLucario01.dae over FitPeach01.dae. Naturally, I do as the guide says, the first model (FitLucario01.dae) and delete the polygons so only the bones remain, then I import the model I want to place over the first one (in this case, FitPeach01.dae) and I will need to line it up with the old T-pose. After that, I will need to create a skin mod so all the bones show up, then I begin to alter the vertices. The problem is that this is the only real guide that tells you how to do this, but it doesn't say how many bones or vertices need to be adjusted, neither does it mention anything about animations in BrawlBox.

I know I just started learning this and perhaps I'm delving too far too fast into it and as a result, I'm frying my brain. I see so many swap X character over X mods in Brawl Vault, and I want to do something like that, but I don't know what to do, much less where to begin. I apologize for being such a noob about hacking. :(

What do I need to do to get more familiar with 3DS Max and how it handles models?
What do I need to learn in order to properly rig the vertices and fix the messed up animations?

Any help is appreciated

Photos

Smash Journeyman
So far as I know blckjax uses 2010. It might be easier on you if you used that one.

Top Bottom