• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Just a guess but I'd like to think that if Wolf would not have appeared in Brawl- being he was last-minute addition- he would have appeared in Smash 4. So hopefully he will be back. There has been no info for or against his confirmation.

SenseiJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
bunnydrummer
3DS FC
2852-8601-4250
A lot of people are saying wolf is going to be cut, I hope not :/

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
If Star Fox HAS to get one cut (save new-comer) then it'd be Falco.

Sakurai originally wanted Wolf in Melee but changed to Falco due to looking too clone of Fox by just palette swap. Now that Wolf is in Brawl. In SSB4 there is new feature called custom moveset. Thus, Falco can go.

SenseiJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
bunnydrummer
3DS FC
2852-8601-4250

Sakurai originally wanted Wolf in Melee but changed to Falco due to looking too clone of Fox by just palette swap. Now that Wolf is in Brawl. In SSB4 there is new feature called custom moveset. Thus, Falco can go.
Honestly I dont want any of them to go, but I also really want Krystal in, which probably wont happen.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I dont want any of them to go, but I also really want Krystal in, which probably wont happen.
I dont want any SF members cut either. I just highly doubt Krystal will be in. Dont understand how she has such a large following given she had a minor role in one game and spent the entirety of the other locked up in a crystal.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I dont want any SF members cut either. I just highly doubt Krystal will be in. Dont understand how she has such a large following given she had a minor role in one game and spent the entirety of the other locked up in a crystal.
I've been telling people this. Most of the SF characters have an interesting backstory, personality, and plot line while Krystal is just there.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
WHAT? I was thinking otherwise for Krystal.

She has bigger role in Star Fox Adventures and especially Command, though, no presence in latest Star Fox game (Star Fox 64 3D) but that doesn't matter, because it was just a remake that occur before her introduction in later storyline.

I'm looking at you, Falco.

Last edited:

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
I kind of want Krystal because she could have an unique moveset. She could use her staff and be a very fast spacing character.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'd only accept Krystal if she replaced Falco or became the 4th rep for Star Fox. Wolf has to stay - he was added in last-minute but he was still more unique than Falco ever was in two games and to me, he's more iconic than the bird.

He just needs a new final smash (if Falco is gone, then he should have the Wolfen and have it function like Snake's FS) and a tweaked/revamped B-Up and Side-B. Keep the Blaster, Reflector and his smashes, grabs and aerials the same though.

Last edited:

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
God i hate "Veteran Status" It should be obvious that if a starfox character is to be cut Falco is leaps and bounds more expendable than Wolf, yet you throw in the "been in more than 1 title" card and all of a sudden he gets a free pass into the game.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It's always been that way far as who has the most seniority within the series taking top priority for a lot of speculators, especially if it's the "original 12". Anyone whose part of that gets a free pass regardless of anything.

I don't think either Wolf or Falco should be cut though.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
So what do you guys think will be changed about wolf, I'd like to see him have a chargeable blaster or a different gun altogether and I think the side B should home in on targets and slash them repeatedly. I'm pretty sure he'll come back, there's no good reason to cut him and there's plenty of reasons to bring him back also him and all the star fox characters should have their 64 looks as alt costumes

When did he say that?
Wolf needs to be back.
This would be such a good alternate costume for him, without the eye wear.
Where is that from?

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
When did he say that?
I'm not sure but I literally read that from somewhere long time ago. Something along with planned characters for Melee. I'm also not sure if Sakurai did said that Wolf was more of palette swap version of Fox. I tried search in Google but it didn't seem to help.

Last edited:

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
I'm not sure but I literally read that from somewhere long time ago. Something along with planned characters for Melee. I'm also not sure if Sakurai did said that Wolf was more of palette swap version of Fox. I tried search in Google but it didn't seem to help.
I remember reading that somewhere too. They decided to go with Falco because Wolf had a similar appearance as Fox or something like that..

Kycse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nin-Kycse

My thoughts almost exactly. I was (and still am) hoping that Fox's name be changed to StarFox, and the character represent the whole team, where his other colors are actually alt costumes of the rest of the team (if possible. Falco and James can be done quite easily, Slippy and Peppy might be a bit harder to do because of their body types).

On top of that, give Fox a mix of Fox/Falco's best moves. Falco's D-air and lazers(or rather give them back to fox) come to mind first. Then, Imagine what you could do with custom movesets where you have a StarFox custom game witha customized Fox vs James vs Falco vs ... I dunno, Dash? lol.

And after all that... Keep wolf with a new Final Smash/Up-B. Then, we all get what we want... I think.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
So do you guys think custom movesets and falco? Now admittedly we don't know exactly how they work but it doesn't seem like much of a stretch that you could replicate falco's variant of fox's moveset on fox himself. If true falco could be regulated to fox's alternate costume, leaving wolf the second star fox slot he so much deserves.

Last edited:

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I want Wolf and Falco to return(other than being good additions), for a simple reason: We need more animal or non-human creatures. This game got plenty of humans. And most likely going to have a few more..

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Yeah, I'll have to agree here. I kind of want all of them back + Krystal. Wolf seems to have far more to offer than Falco IMO.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I have mixed views of Krystal being in. Wouldn't mind if she was/wasn't. But it's unlikely all four, Fox/Falco/Wolf/Krystal of them will be in. Can't see Falco being cut, not saying that he should be.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Having started with Melee when it was still a new game, I have a lot of appreciation for Falco. He has remained a cornerstone of Melee all these years... Arguably the best character in that game.

Even so... I like Wolf better. I never have played as spacies, but Wolf really is a fresh take on the Fox archetype.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I would be upset if Falco or Wolf were cut. Veteran status I think should have SOMETHING to do with it. I know he's still more a clone than any other clone but I know so many people who just love playing as him over Fox or Wolf. There's something to be said for popularity. Personally, Wolf is my favorite of the 3 so if they have to cut someone I say Falco. And as far as the comments go for Krystal, I don't think it's just a huge fan base that wants her. Anyone who would like to see more variety in the game should be wanting Krystal. She's another female and she could use a weapon that no one else uses in the game (staff).

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Fair enough, I had forgotten about Toon Link. My mind was on characters from Melee and Brawl.
Dude, it's cool. I forget Toon Link exists all the time! I mean, I love Wind Waker, but Toon Link is such a pointless character for Smash... and I never played Brawl much, after I beat Subspace Emissary. But in reality, Toon Link is a Brawl character.

Anyway, I really did enjoy Wolf in what little Brawl I did play. I'm confident he will return.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I had a dream where Wolf was announced therefore it will happen

All this Falco hate up in this thread doh
Falco's fine, I'd just rather have Wolf O'Donnel. If all 3 Starfox characters come back, so much the better! I hope a B attack or two gets altered for one or both of them, though. Their A attacks are already very different.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Falco's fine, I'd just rather have Wolf O'Donnel. If all 3 Starfox characters come back, so much the better! I hope a B attack or two gets altered for one or both of them, though. Their A attacks are already very different.
Clones are A-okay in my book. They actually offer very different playstyles even tho the attacks are aesthetically similar.
Tbh with you I wouldn't mind getting Melee Falco back

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
From what it sounds like, most people are saying that Wolf is a Fox/Falco Clone. Why? Yeah his specials are about the same, but his melee attacks are so different. Instead of using his tail or legs, he has the claw mechanic. His blaster has a bayonet. His aerials are completely different; dair is a meteor, nair is a spin attack, uair is a claw slash, same with fair, and bair is one kick instead of several. His ftilt is a claw scratch, versus Fox/Falco's forward kick. Plus he has a standard combo that doesn't end in a move sweep. His down smash is a two hit, guess what, claw sweep. Different, again from Fox and Falco. His up smash is different, same with his forward smash, down tilt, etc. Of course he has the same general specials, he was originally on the same team with the aforementioned characters, but became a mercenary after a falling out, so his equipment is sylized for his own personal use. Wolf is NOT a Fox or Falco clone, but has a moveset that adequately shows his drastically different character. His final smash, on the other hand, is something I find very frustrating. WHY THERE NO WOLVEN?!!!?!!

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Bumpity bump bump!

Prepare yourselves for the worse my fellow Wolf fans, Ike's been confirmed. Seeing as how he was one of the 3 reported to be cut simply because of a leak, I can see the wave of axes coming towards our dear main till E3. He doesn't deserve to be as neither does Lucas, (or Falco if we're talking about SF reps), but needless to say heads up.

On the topic of SF reps, I don't see why they can't have 4. This is is still a long running franchise for Nintendo and was an original one with smash 64. If they have time to add in all 4 great, perfect! If not, shame on them and let's hope for DLC. We already know SF deserves last minute additions from Brawl so if they really want to put them in they will. One question is: do they want to put Krystal in?

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
I think the reason we have got so little SF info in Smash 4 up to this point is that they are saving Wolf and/or Falco reveal for a tie-in trailer with (hopefully) a new SF game to be revealed at E3.
This would make sense to me as the only stuff we know so far is Fox and Andross are back, not even a stage reveal yet. The stage could be based on said new game.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Bumpity bump bump!

Prepare yourselves for the worse my fellow Wolf fans, Ike's been confirmed. Seeing as how he was one of the 3 reported to be cut simply because of a leak, I can see the wave of axes coming towards our dear main till E3. He doesn't deserve to be as neither does Lucas, (or Falco if we're talking about SF reps), but needless to say heads up.

On the topic of SF reps, I don't see why they can't have 4. This is is still a long running franchise for Nintendo and was an original one with smash 64. If they have time to add in all 4 great, perfect! If not, shame on them and let's hope for DLC. We already know SF deserves last minute additions from Brawl so if they really want to put them in they will. One question is: do they want to put Krystal in?
...what? :facepalm:

Ike's return has absolutely no bearings on Wolf's or Lucas's returns. And who are you to determine whether Wolf deserves to be in or not?

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
...what? :facepalm:

Ike's return has absolutely no bearings on Wolf's or Lucas's returns. And who are you to determine whether Wolf deserves to be in or not?
I'm referring to the leak that mentioned 4 people were supposed to be cut. (Why people are running with it, I don't know.) :ike: Was the most likely of the three to be replaced without much commotion. :ivysaur::snake::squirtle: Are unfortunately left to the shadows, but seeing as how we have :wolf::lucas::ganondorf::falco: left for "clones", the two former are now going to be highly bashed upon on the forums.

In no shape or form did Ike actually play a part in another characters appearance in this game, but rather only just to satisfy the obligations of a leaked rumor. I think they should both stay but only saying heads up on the topic of discussion about them now

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
My vote is on Wolf being gone, sadly. While Ike's return shakes things up a fair bit, I don't think the roster will be large enough. I envision about 39-40 members of the roster tops, and we're already at 27(?). Consider the rest of the unrevealed uniques and Falco's veterancy(don't hate me, I loathe the idea but let's face facts), and there's just no room. Which is a shame, as he's the only spacie I play. I anticipate Chrom getting in, as well as other Brawl vets(no ROB, alas). No newcomers after him, so he'll be the WOWIE-unlock. The roster's at a good number at that point, and SSB4 goes gold.

So welp. :(

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
My vote is on Wolf being gone, sadly. While Ike's return shakes things up a fair bit, I don't think the roster will be large enough. I envision about 39-40 members of the roster tops, and we're already at 27(?). Consider the rest of the unrevealed uniques and Falco's veterancy(don't hate me, I loathe the idea but let's face facts), and there's just no room. Which is a shame, as he's the only spacie I play. I anticipate Chrom getting in, as well as other Brawl vets(no ROB, alas). No newcomers after him, so he'll be the WOWIE-unlock. The roster's at a good number at that point, and SSB4 goes gold.

So welp. :(
We are at 30. But finally, someone with a similar roster size prediction!!!

Truly, Wolf has one last defense. They had 3 reps, and the rep count has never gone down (has it?).

D

Deleted member

Funny, I was just talking to myself about that today; I find this highly debatable, as while the Mushroom icon lost one character from Melee to Brawl (Dr. Mario) DK got a character (Diddy) and Wario was added, though he uses his own icon. The way I see it, Mario gained a character, as I consider DK, Yoshi, and Wario to be subseries. Plus it's Mario. No other series has lost characters, so that's something...

Last edited by a moderator:

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
The Mario series of all series went down one.
Forgot about that one. Thanks. Even still, it only happened once, if we aren't forgetting anything else. I think Krystal is his only competition. I can't imagine Star Fox going back to 2 reps.

Top Bottom