• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've never had a problem with it tbh, just airdodge and punish it with an aerial
A good Ness will either anticipate your airdodge and punish accordingly, or throw out PK Thunder just to bait the airdodge. Ness's u-tilt is a great anti-air weapon, as are almost all of his aerials.

You don't get to be a good Ness player by being careless. Ness players are scary and they know how to make you cry.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Almost every time I play For Glory against a Ness Player I keep my distance from them. The Ness player usually win by K.Oing the other two players though. Also another thing I've figured out is that Toon Link is a good counter to Captain Falcon. Also a question retaining to Wolf: How well do you think Wolf will play online?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
A good Ness will either anticipate your airdodge and punish accordingly, or throw out PK Thunder just to bait the airdodge. Ness's u-tilt is a great anti-air weapon, as are almost all of his aerials.

You don't get to be a good Ness player by being careless. Ness players are scary and they know how to make you cry.
But after they use PK Thunder if you airdodge past it they'll be stuck in the animation and PK thunder stays out for a while, they could redirect it to the floor but if you're fast enough it can be punished

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Also a question retaining to Wolf: How well do you think Wolf will play online?
Depends. Do you mean how well will he do in For Glory or how frequently will he be played online?

But after they use PK Thunder if you airdodge past it they'll be stuck in the animation and PK thunder stays out for a while, they could redirect it to the floor but if you're fast enough it can be punished
Key word "if". A Ness that lets you do that and get away with it is not a very good Ness.

Ness players have tactics for all contingencies - and for the most part, a good Ness won't even throw out PK Thunder unless they know you're in a position to get bopped by it. You have to be clever if you're going to play Ness well.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Depends. Do you mean how well will he do in For Glory or how frequently will he be played online?

Key word "if". A Ness that lets you do that and get away with it is not a very good Ness.

Ness players have tactics for all contingencies - and for the most part, a good Ness won't even throw out PK Thunder unless they know you're in a position to get bopped by it. You have to be clever if you're going to play Ness well.
You say that like for glory has good Ness'

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
There are definitely good Ness' on For Glory.

I haven't seen such good users of the Lag technique. :troll:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
So this is kinda off topic but guys, I got a Shulk amiibo from Gamestop! I walked in with my sister and I saw it hanging on the amiibo rack and when I brought it up to the cashier she said she just put it out 10 minutes ago. I can't wait till a Wolf amiibo. Even if he doesn't get in Smash, do you think Star Fox will get their own amiibo line?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So this is kinda off topic but guys, I got a Shulk amiibo from Gamestop! I walked in with my sister and I saw it hanging on the amiibo rack and when I brought it up to the cashier she said she just put it out 10 minutes ago. I can't wait till a Wolf amiibo. Even if he doesn't get in Smash, do you think Star Fox will get their own amiibo line?
You lucky sonamagun

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
My main is Little Mac, well that's not happening anytime soon. My secondary is Shulk, yep gotta get rid of that too. 3rd, Captain Falcon, nope.
I totally get you. I secondary main Fox, Ike, and Robin. While I was lucky enough to score a Fox, Gamestop canceled my Ike and some jerk took the only Robin and Lucina in the whole store. Other than that, I really want Falco, so I hope he isn't too rare or exclusive.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I totally get you. I secondary main Fox, Ike, and Robin. While I was lucky enough to score a Fox, Gamestop canceled my Ike and some jerk took the only Robin and Lucina in the whole store. Other than that, I really want Falco, so I hope he isn't too rare or exclusive.
I snagged a Fox back during Smash's launch with ToyRUs's free amiibo deal. My friend got a Robin... shipped from Japan cuz u know dey got all dem FE amiibos.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I snagged a Fox back during Smash's launch with ToyRUs's free amiibo deal. My friend got a Robin... shipped from Japan cuz u know dey got all dem FE amiibos.
Yeah, that's probably what I'll end up doing. FE amiibos are plentiful there since the games are so popular. Or I'll just forget about em and just get Falco. I like FE characters in Smash, but I haven't got a chance to play too many FE games. I plan on getting Awakening if I get a 3DS.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah, that's probably what I'll end up doing. FE amiibos are plentiful there since the games are so popular. Or I'll just forget about em and just get Falco. I like FE characters in Smash, but I haven't got a chance to play too many FE games. I plan on getting Awakening if I get a 3DS.
Ha, pssh Awakening for 3DS wut a noob. A real HARDCORE gamer gets the new Harvest Moon on Wii U.

For those of you who can't tell what sarcasm is, this is it. But the Harvest Moon games hold a special place in my heart.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
You say that like for glory has good Ness'
every character is good on for glory, it is just rare.

And also, air dodging pk thunder when I'm Ness isn't that easy.

Remember, Ness' pk thunder is pretty fast and and air dodging can only get you so far against me.

I can literally point that thing where ever I want. I can make it be inside your character the whole time until it hits you no matter how many times you air dodge, and I can pk thunder 2 in straight lines and every angle in very little time.

(Sorry if that sounded like I was bragging, i'm just saying that you shouldn't underestimate a character because the majority of the people who play said character suck.)

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Even if he doesn't get in Smash
Please,please,PLEASE don't say that.
My main is Little Mac, well that's not happening anytime soon. My secondary is Shulk, yep gotta get rid of that too. 3rd, Captain Falcon, nope.
Don't have a Little Mac,but:
Dad managed to snag 2 Falcons(One for me,other for my brother),and this Saturday,one Shulk will come to our house,while the other will go to grandparent's house.Really regretting not picking up Fox when he was common.
And yes,that is a teddy bear in the bottom right.Kept that since childhood.:ohwell:

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm thinking of getting awakening as well. Just to see if I like the series.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Was she hot?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Are Yoshi Amiibos rare? I'm kinda thinking about getting Amiibos for my mains but unfortunately only one of my mains has an amiibo for now.

EDIT: @ Logo12 Logo12 If the amiibo was a Marth amiibo, your post would've been golden.

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Which "she" are you referring to? The shulk amiibo, his sister, or the cashier?

----
@ All those amiibo talk, I don't think Amiibos are available here (or either worth a few hundred) so :[
This.. xD. Though to answer your question the cashier was pretty cute. My sister is probably too young for most of you anyways and as her brother I'm telling ya to back off (brotherly instincts haha). And of course, the amiibo looks pretty great.

Are Yoshi Amiibos rare? I'm kinda thinking about getting Amiibos for my mains but unfortunately only one of my mains has an amiibo for now.

EDIT: @ Logo12 Logo12 If the amiibo was a Marth amiibo, your post would've been golden.
Actually, Yoshi was very common at first, but he is becoming more rare as we speak, so if you see one in person I'd recommend picking him up, as I haven't seen him on a shelf in a while. Though getting him online shouldn't be too difficult..yet.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

I meant how well you think he will play in For Glory.

Also if we are talking about amiibos, I have Fox, Kirby, and Yoshi. I really don't care about collecting them because I could use that money for actual games rather than amiibos.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I meant how well you think he will play in For Glory.
Decently, I suppose? He's got a diverse toolkit and good melee options, he should be able to hold his own. If Wolf Flash is fixed and can be acted out of, he's got a great off-stage recovery / kill option. The flat playing field could also help his rushdown capabilities and would ensure he's able to get good kills on characters that rely on platforms and spacing - good combination overall, he could do very well.

MarthOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarthOfHyrule
There aren't platforms on for glory. What do you mean by 'rely on platforms'? Do you just mean characters with good aerials or something?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I think Wolf will be A-tier given the change in physics and removal of chain-grabs, absolute worse B-tier.

Since he wasn't as dominant as Falco was in Brawl, I feel there's no reason he'd be subject to drastic nerfs.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I'm suddenly getting worried about Wolf. If he's not pre-planned DLC, then will he get enough votes in the ballot?
Oh yeah, he's up there on the ballot, as far as I know. I think he has a shot. Remember, he has the advantage, because he was already in Smash and was cut for essentially no reason. Plus, why would they bring back Lucas and not Wolf? Lucas was in one game that was Japan exclusive, and Wolf has been a main character in all except 2 SF games that were released internationally. If Lucas gets back in and not Wolf, that would be pretty messed up. Btw, I'm not hating on Lucas and I didn't mean to appear as that way, I'm a Lucas fan, myself.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I'm sure Wolf will be back because I remember there was a poll asking Japanese players who they wanted back and Lucas and Wolf where their top picks Lucas being 1st and Wolf being 2nd and for newcomers King K Rool was their top pick.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
If anyone still wants to teach the Zelda thread a lesson, I thought up a new plan.:evil:
I'm sure Wolf will be back because I remember there was a poll asking Japanese players who they wanted back and Lucas and Wolf where their top picks Lucas being 1st and Wolf being 2nd and for newcomers King K Rool was their top pick.
Yes that's true, and since Lucas is in, Wolf's the number 1 now.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Lucas and Wolf where their top picks Lucas being 1st and Wolf being 2nd and for newcomers King K Rool was their top pick.
Wolf & K. Rool?*glances at signature*PLEASE SAKURAI!
Since Lucas is in that makes Wolf priority 1 yay :awesome:
Wolf...priority 1...

EDIT:Changed just words of excellent into something much more eye-catching.

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Please,please,PLEASE don't say that.
I'm sorry, bro. I didn't mean it like that. I just don't wanna get my hopes up too high and be crushed in the very low chance he doesn't make it in. I still have faith in him and I'm really excited to play as everyone's favorite lupine once again!
I also didn't notice ur quoting of my post to now haha

Last edited:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I'm sorry, bro. I didn't mean it like that. I just don't wanna get my hopes up too high and be crushed in the very low chance he doesn't make it in. I still have faith in him and I'm really excited to play as everyone's favorite lupine once again!
I also didn't notice ur quoting of my post to now haha
It's fine,it's all good.I have that same worried feeling too.

Top Bottom