• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Captain Douglas Falcon::.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Sounds like it could look really cool. I'll try this out on some opponents.

In your lower percents example, in that same situation you could also end it with a jump to falcon punch, right? Though perhaps the upb covers more DI options.
You were just asking about the up air to grounded up b.

Up air to Falcon punch works without having to do that. The Falcon punch is also too slow compared to the up b there

It is possible to up air to falcon punch as long as you touch the ground right after the up air

I believe it works at 60 percent (as in 60 when you up air). It probably works until 70 or so.

Though if I am going for a Falcon punch ending, I try to combo into a grab to falcon punch as it is much easier to time.

Jiggz16

Smash Rookie
The worst thing is sweetspotting falcon kick off the edge and just falling to your death stuck in that lag animation.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
So I think falcon's fair is the most overrated combo move and that nair is better in many circumstances. At the very least, if you're going to do a fair you probably only want to hit with one of the legs, as going for both makes it easy to DI

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I agree.

I always thought the falcon on falcon 0% grab>fair>grab was overrated seeing as grab>uair>grab works just as well and harder to DI.

rpotts

Smash Lord
You can uair double jump falcon punch sometimes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiSSxIKhgrA
I really enjoy the first combo from that. The other day I went into training mode at my friends house, and unknowingly went in as p2, and the cpu spawned on the left, like in the vid. I knew that combo led into a uair->double jump falcon punch, something I've always wanted to do but never landed. After a minute of thinking, and trying to remember the combo, it suddenly worked and the first time I got the combo past the bairs I landed it comboing the dj fp.

It was awesome, I was loud. My friends made fun of me.

I just tried to recreate it at my friends house again to no avail, trying a good 25 or more times. So many times I got to the end and missed the double jump and falling fp'd or upb'd accidently. I just got home and had to try it again, plugged in my 64 and after a good amount tries finally got the hang of it, landing it 4 or 5 times, including twice in a row at the end. I'm pretty excited about this. Thanks for posting all the good falcon combos that are kinda borderline in terms of difficulty. Lots of difficult but manageable combos, most could possibly go into a game.

tl;dr I'm happy cause ballin's vid showed me how to upair->double jump falcon punch (without landing)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I wanted to do an uair double jump falcon punch combo for a while as well, but I could never get it to work. Eventually I realized that you need to have a nonstale uair for it to work.

rpotts

Smash Lord
I wanted to do an uair double jump falcon punch combo for a while as well, but I could never get it to work. Eventually I realized that you need to have a nonstale uair for it to work.
Yea, i've seen you post that before, makes sense. I think I've seen it with a stale uair on DK in an alancitu combo, but I could be wrong. I've been messing around with CPU in p1 spawn on hyrule and am trying to get another DJ falcon punch to connect.

I've gotten, nair-> run off ledge reverse bair-> upsmash -> both hits fair -> dash uair and it looks like it might be able to combo into a dj falcon punch but I can't get it. I originally had two nairs at the beginning but adapted to the reverse bair cause it looks cooler and means more damage. I think it might just need a tiny bit more damage, but I don't think I can change any hits without completely changing the combo. Any ideas?

PS I'm getting closer and closer to being able to reproduce all of your falcon punch combos. I've got atleast 3 now, lol.

B Link

Smash Lord
thats what i asked earlier, now i can land it pretty frequently

i always wanted to make a falcon combo with only bairs, i made one a while back but it has 1 grab at the beginning and only kills if you ledgeguard >_>

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
as the topic if stale move negation came up, I haz a question.

Say you bair dk's arms during his recovery and your move gets canceled (due to his arm invincibility), does this stale the move?

Battlecow

Play to Win
So guys.

I'm incorporating more pivots into my game. I played that Johnny Speel guy, and although he wasn't superduper good, he did some really exciting, dynamic stuff. I want my Doug to be more recognizable and cool... Looks like there's a lot of practice mode in the near future.

Any advice?

rpotts

Smash Lord
After some ******* around I found out a way to use a very stale uair to combo into double jump FP. at around 60-80%, dair off ground -> full hop uair -> double jump falcon punch. 3 hit combo, it's super effective. falcononfalcon

The Star King

Smash Hero
I just tried it and on a Falcon standing on the ground, you can uair -> uair -> Falcon punch at ~95%

NintendoNerd

Smash Rookie
I think Captain Falcon is the best char.
I love it the other player isn't able to recover, but you jump after him, and do a up-B move.
Just for the fun!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
you're obviously misguided because falcon is lowest Slink's current tier list which we all know is legit.

But yeah being a douche with his UPB at those instances is hella fun

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yoshi vs Falcon Edge guarding sequence of events.

Yoshi spams eggs and fsmashs to keep falcon from recovering

OR

Yoshi goes off stage for an fair spike, misses, tries to get back the stage, gets intercepted by falcons upb, gets dreamland stage spiked at 30%

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm starting to love captain falcon again.

I was playing as him on console last night, screwing around in 'story' mode on very hard, and there is nothing more satisfying then uair comboing a computer then gimping him with an upb. <3

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
A faptain calfon guide? I am quite excited. He is one of those characters I feel I should be good with but never got into because of everyone telling me how easy he is to play.

Top Bottom