• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Captain Falcon FAQ and Training Guide

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm picking up Melee Falcon as a main, you know.

Knee is just too fun and good.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Will the character guides be more in-depth, or are they just a stage selection suggestion section?
I love alliteration.

.Marik

is a social misfit
You better put up a Falcon icon next to your name instead of Yoshi. =P

Kidding. lol
Lol. But my name and signature would be confusing people.

Besides, the only reason why I play Brawl, is because of Yoshi.

And Falcon dittos. :)

.Rance.

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking forward to the training guide :D. The whole project looks like it will be great, but I really have trouble accomplishing anything when all I can do is play at home by myself. Maybe this will be able to help!

Thanks for working on this Scar!

Beat

Smash Ace
Hey, I know me posting in your CF guides is kind of ******** (I didn't hyphenate! I'm learning!) but I figured it was worth mentioning that because you can sorta go under BF and Stadium, the reverse upB is a bit safer in certain situations.

I dunno.

Scar

#HarveyDent
IMO reverse upB is always always safer and should be used whenever possible, FD is great for the same reason. you can't go directly under the stage like bf/stadium, but you can sneak up on the ledge due to the stage's curve. DL64/fountain are less pronounced while yoshi's just blows.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
How long does U-throw F-air work on Sheik? And when does it start?

Can D-throw do anything practical to her?

What throws and throw follows are most efficient / effective on Sheik?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
up throw knee works till like 170 or something... i was playing someone today and they told me that lol

down throw throws her down.. and sometimes if you mindgame them you can up throw to up throw chaingrab then to down throw chain grab if they di into you no?

lol i was doing some of that today..

i dont know

g-reg says between 65-70

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I very doubt it works to 170 on DI away and other crap.

It sounds like U-throw is better overall than D-throw aside from just basic mixup stuff... Sheik seems to go too far away on D-throw except at the percents where U-throw doesn't combo, where I suppose the tech chase is probably better.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
sheik is ********..

i would jump across fd to knee and i would get ftilted
i would try to stomp and get utilted..

i was recovering from under fd and i wasnt even gonna make it and i got down smashed

so much gay crap coming from her its ridiculous

and then theres her tech chasing non-sense

gaaayyy

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No. I'm not.

It was sarcasm. Playing sheik as a fast faller is ***.

Unless you have a blue shiney thingy.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i know it was sarcasm lmao

that was like one of scars super mod posts, did you say is ***? lmao

blue shiney thingy....?

falco vs sheik is pretty fun

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
scar, when is the training section coming?
I think this should answer your question, these are Scar's original intentions. Needless to say, matchups were not up by mid-April, but maybe he's holding it all back for one big release.

This is my guide to everything you need to know. Your education begins now.

The matchup thread comes next. I expect to have it completed by mid April. The training regimen will include a video and will take more time, expect it in May. The FAQs will be completed as i think of FAQs that i can answer.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea but youll get hit with another one of her little leg swing arounds, make sure you try to tech straight into an up b, if you get hit again, try again, you should be dead tho

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
well ive been able to up-b after the tech and grab her and get the exploding thing going on there

but i think once you get dsmashed your pretty much dead anyways... if the sheik is good you should definitely be done

Scar

#HarveyDent
ya sry about the delay guys if anyone wants to write up any matchups that would be awesome

ill get to it soon

Scar

#HarveyDent
cf destroys link, if you are getting upB gimped you need to upB later when you are farther down and try to sweetspot

everyone please work on reverse upB sweetspotting, it's really really really useful

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
everyone please work on reverse upB sweetspotting, it's really really really useful
It beats cape.

-laughs-
I still laugh hilariously at ******* who say it "mindgames cape", but yeah, reverse up+b SS. It's pretty amazing. Im pretty sure it gets more points than a Tetris.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
meta, if youre at 0%, just up b over him into the middle of the level. at best link will do like, a 30% combo to you ending with a bair or something ****ty
exactly what he does is kinda nair bair up+b ledgedrop nair bair hookshots to anything,it happens so fast that i really dunno what to do -_-

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Wait did scar say he wanted ppl to work on some falcon matchups?

or was he doing them and saying hell post them soonish kinda?

Scar

#HarveyDent
if anyone wants to post something i'd be happy to put it up, i'd rather this be a collaboration than just me

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
if anyone wants to post something i'd be happy to put it up, i'd rather this be a collaboration than just me
Ok im in. Ill get on some **** probably this weekend or so.

Start with posting falcon is **** lol.

and are there any matchups that you are pretty much doing and or have been done so ppl arent double or triple dipping?

Top Bottom