• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon in SSE Movie?

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Was it Nintendo, or was it IGN?
It was Nintendo. I remember pausing the video and seeing Donkey Kong, as clear as day.

I can see Captain Falcon's eyes and helmet...sort of...kind of...a little bit...

I agree with Youko. Not exactly hard evidence here.

...where's Phoenix Wright when you need him?

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
if this is real youre brilliant, i just love way too much cpt falcon and f zero games... and i bet that if the knee gets nerfed... you know what will happen to sakurai lol

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
You know, nobody has explained to me why "Captain Falcon" is disproportionate and squashed. If that's really his model based on what we've seen, then they got really really lazy making it look even decent.

And his poor neck! Based on the angle of his head and the angle of the emblem, that must really hurt :(

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
You know, nobody has explained to me why "Captain Falcon" is disproportionate and squashed. If that's really his model based on what we've seen, then they got really really lazy making it look even decent.

And his poor neck! Based on the angle of his head and the angle of the emblem, that must really hurt :(
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THIS WHOLE TIME?

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I've been over the vid a few times... It's not Falcon. It LOOKS like Falcon, but in the context, there are a few more places he should be visible, in which he is not. The still frame is deceiving, but the image is warped. And to have him visible for so little time doesn't make any sense in the context of the scene.

No deal.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
*sigh*.......These are the kind of people that jus make me want to go out and kill a cow or something....
Yep... I didn't think I would have to type another long post disproving what I hoped everyone would understand. Well, I'll just have to take my anger out on Larry, the goldfish.
Its Falcon, the next seen (witch is being faded in) has Mario in it, making it look like hes there (but he's not)
Look at the third frame of the ones posted above, Mario is in a different background...
Hurray for Mario being in a different background. He is still in the exact position where this supposedly "Captain Falcon" is to be. I have an idea for you. Instead of squinting for this "Captain Falcon", how about you just move your eyes around for Mario, and see that everything that's "Captain Falcon" is really Mario. It's a lot easier to disprove this then to prove it.
Yeah but the fade in transition mixes the two pictures together. Go buy a video editor and youll get it. See how there's an explosion on the subspace's head in the falcon frame but that's actually from mario kicking the subspace in the next part of the video? Case closed. Besides, Falcon doesn't wear a purple coat, he wears either blue or gray.
Thank you very much. Even more evidence that disproves this instead of proving this.

I really, really, REALLY REALLY hope that's sarcasm. If not, I'll feel very sorry for Moe the gecko. He was a good pet.:(
its him omg yes capatin falcon.time to pwn everyone
:confused: Ummmmm, no it isn't.
i really hope this is sarcasm
Yea, for the two posts above this, me too.
FAKE! The purple was a burst of smoke, not falcons jacket. watch the vid.
Thank you.

O.K, if there is still confusing stuff, I'm gonna clear it up:

Yes, there has been videos proving characters that have not been officially released (you know, have their own page, with info on Dojo). But...they were a LOT clearer then then this. I mean, they actually had definate body parts, not some deformed thing that looks a lot like purple smoke mixed with wierd creatures with beam swords and Marios and when the frames transition to the next scene seemed to look a lot like other things.
I keep saying it over and over and over: If Nintendo wanted you to see the Captain Falcon, they would. They wouldn't want you to have to go to great measures to find info that will probably be released the next posting day.
So, if you still don't get it, I'm going to compile all the info below.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
We shouldn't even be making a big deal out of this. We all know that Cpt. Falcon's chances of being in are 99.8% chance. He could have been in the video but you can barely see his figure, we still know that he will be in this game!

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, it's obviously just a big thing of smoke. And look! You can also see a flying lightsaber that's magically hitting those Primids!

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Sakurai wouldn't show anything that we don't know yet, especially on the DOJO.
Yeah, like Mario Circuit.

Oh yeah, it's obviously just a big thing of smoke. And look! You can also see a flying lightsaber that's magically hitting those Primids!
It's the Primid in front of Falcon that's holding it, he is just holding it behind his back in the Falcon frames. Check the previous frames.

I think people needs to realize that nobody is suggesting that Falcon is in the whole clip... People are suggesting that the developers embedded a blurry Falcon onto a frame or two of video that didn't have him in it. So stop saying crap like "He should be visible in earlier parts of the clip!!1!1"

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
Or Peach.
Both of which were revealed obviously and blatantly. They weren't hidden. Nobody found Peach based on a blurry screenshot, hidden in a bunch of nonsense and in the middle of a transition frame.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
OMG! Guys through some advanced image enhancing I figured out that that is not actually captain falcon! ITS EVEN BETTER!, look below

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Thas some funny stuff. I can see it now...
Cookie Monster FS....

REHABILITATION!

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Hes not there. Ive watched it multiple times both in slow and normal speed as well as freezed images, and I dont see any sign of the Falcon

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman

are you guys ON something?

its just a blur.
notice that the SAME COLORED BLUR appears when the primid start walking?

youll take any sign of hope for the captain huh?

i dont blame you.

;___:

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
Guys, don't flame me if I'm wrong, but I think this one might be a Photoshop.
I thought the same thing, but watch the video yourself! Its there, on the Smashbros.com, if you pause right.

An easier way is probably the youtube port o the video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YLF3z3TIJuY)

Go "slo-mo" around 0:28, and you should see him at 0:30. (by slo-mo i mean HIT PLAY-->HIT PAUSE AS SOON AS THE PLAY ICON TURNS INTO THE PAUSE ICON---> Check for C. Falcon-->repeat)

I actually got a screenshot that's slightly clearer than the OPs, but different enough to show that he's on for more than one frame!

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
I have below this compiled information to end this discussion. If you wish not rea this, but take my word for it, It's not Captain Falcon, but numerous other things forming a lurry image of his likeness. I will edit this post later with more say.
Didn't BrawlCentral also claim that Captain Falcon was in the Coro-Coro screenshot that ended up being DK's Final Smash?

I'm not buying it as of now, but I'm sure others will. Not saying I'm doubting Falcon as a playable character, but I don't think this is hard evidence.
OMG I JUST FIGURED IT OUT

It wasn't Falcon that we saw....It was the Transition from the Primid Army Scene to Mario Fighting one of them....It's an optical illusion

The sign on "Falcon's" Back is Mario's Glove, and the Helmet is the sleeve or shirt....
The Blue on Falcon's Shirt is a combonation of Mario's overalls and the purple smoke that seems to follow the Primids for some reason

All of this equals a sloppy Cpt. Falcon image put together by Youtube's terrible Quality

-PitismyPWNZORZ

I think i just YOUKOPAWNCHED this Thread

Ok....seriously thats Mario.

:ohwell:
Well, to all the believers, ere it is with the frame before it and the frame after it.

looks an awful lot like mario to me. I'll admit, It looked real to me at first, but looking at each frame you can see it's just one clip fading into the next.
To debunk this, all you would have to do is watch the actual clip itself, instead of attempting to analyze a screenshot.
Ughhh... you guys are so gullible.

First of all, Sakurai doesn't put hidden images into anything he does. He just makes the trailers and pictures for what they are, not for what you all want him to be.

Second, these kinds of posts come because people like you WANT to find hidden images in just about everything he posts. Therefore, when a blurry image pops up that barely resembles a character, you guys are all over it, hoping for it to be a clue. Honestly, I looked at the picture and it looks nothing like Captain Falcon. The blue is from the Primids, and as for the rest it's just a big blur.

Stop trying to find stuff that isn't 100% confirmed by Sakurai.
ROFL that is not captain falcon:

1. why would they put him in the ideo like that?
2. if you watch that part of the video its just some kind of blue special effect
3. worst image quality ever
4. dont worry he will be a secret character
LOL @ Megaman thing.

But honestly, obviously these videos are checked and the producers check every clip they put in. The producers know every character in every clip and what is happening in each one. If they put Cpt. Falcon in one, they would have put more of him in.

Get over yourselves. Sakurai is a simple man, not a weaver of intricate clues. You honestly think that the man wh created the caption, "Hee ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya" wants to lay down puzzles and hints?
WTF? how can you get CF out of blury image that looks like a pig?
I can't see ****, I'll wait till the game comes out.
I don't see ****.
The picture of Mario transitioning into this scene disproves it. :ohwell:

(Although, really, CF by the end of next week would be nice LOLZ.)
well I'm dismissing this theory now...theres is NO Cfalcon in the trailer is just an ILUSION u see what u want to see... falcon is in the game although
Oh for the love of...

It's Mario! Try looking for Mario in all of the pictures instead of trying to find Falcon in a blurry screenshot, and Mario is clear as day!

and gamer8, I rly tried to keep that statement friendly :p
THAT'S MARIO.

OMG...
Look though it a few times and I've come with this conclusion: It isn't Capt. Falcon but an illusion.

Watching the video, I realized there no place Falcon could have come from so it would make the blurry figure correct.
It's Mario because he's a lot clearer in the picture, if you focus on the whole picture and not the zoomed-in Falcon-esque parts.

This is the exact same reason people assumed that the mysterious "mansion" stage was actually the Animal Crossing stage: Because in the transition frames, you can still see villagers.

The helmet is just a coincidence. Would someone like to explain to me why Falcon looks disproportionate and horribly stretched-out, especially in the face?
The Primid in front is holding the Beam sword. He swings it when he first obtains it, and it just look like Falcon is holding it in that shot, but it's really the Primid on the far left.

you can also see the hair and barely make out his eye...

but also... here's the next frame... this looks like capt falcon too... and it is CLEARLY mario...

I don't get why people don't understand fade transitions.
That's exactly what I was thinking. If you have any clue as to how fade transitions work then this (which I posted on page 4) should be a dead give away.

The frame before,

The frame in question,

And the frame after.

However, the "OMG it's C.Falcon" people have made this thread rather enjoyable to read. Seriously funny stuff.
It proves Captain Falcon isn't in the trailer. IT'S MARIO FOR GOSH SKAES! Think about this. Why would Nintendo release a trailer with Captain Falcon before releasing if he's in or not? If they would, why is it in such bad quality? And, how come Mario with the EXACT same colors appears in the next frame as it transitions, making it really difficult to see?

If they wanted you to see him, trust me, they would let you know, so you don't have to stay up for hours staring at a computer screen deciding something on your opinion and eyesight. I think Nintendo cares about their patients health. They want them to be healthy so they can play the game, and become good at it, thus increasing sales.
Excellent Work Steve. For everyone who for some reason DOES NOT UNDERSTAND LOGIC, let me clear this up for hopefully the FINAL time. It is NOT CPT. FALCON.....

1. The Falcon Emblem on the "Falcon's" Helmet is Clearly shown to be MARIO'S NOSE

2. The "eye" thing that those of you so desperate to convince other people that is Falcon's Mask or the Shadow of whatever covers his face is MARIO'S MUSTACHE

3. The emblem on his back is MARIO'S GLOVE

4. I kno some of you are desperate to prove that "OMFG FALCON'S IN THE SUBSPACE EMISSARY!!!11eleven!" But Face it, it's not him. Falcon will be in the game. I have no doubt about that, but some of you are pushing the speculation of a previously unknown site to its limits. Just wait.....until Sakurai unveils Cpt. Falcon, there would not be an F-Zero Emblem without him. Does that make sense to you? NO!!!!!!

5. So stop pushing this blasphemous theory and GTFO!!!!
It's not Mario.
This scene is just fading out to the next one with Mario in it.

I've been over the vid a few times... It's not Falcon. It LOOKS like Falcon, but in the context, there are a few more places he should be visible, in which he is not. The still frame is deceiving, but the image is warped. And to have him visible for so little time doesn't make any sense in the context of the scene.

No deal.
I have 20/10 vision people- It looks a s**tload of a lot like the good captain.
Yep... I didn't think I would have to type another long post disproving what I hoped everyone would understand. Well, I'll just have to take my anger out on Larry, the goldfish.

Hurray for Mario being in a different background. He is still in the exact position where this supposedly "Captain Falcon" is to be. I have an idea for you. Instead of squinting for this "Captain Falcon", how about you just move your eyes around for Mario, and see that everything that's "Captain Falcon" is really Mario. It's a lot easier to disprove this then to prove it.

Thank you very much. Even more evidence that disproves this instead of proving this.

I really, really, REALLY REALLY hope that's sarcasm. If not, I'll feel very sorry for Moe the gecko. He was a good pet.:(

:confused: Ummmmm, no it isn't.

Yea, for the two posts above this, me too.

Thank you.

O.K, if there is still confusing stuff, I'm gonna clear it up:

Yes, there has been videos proving characters that have not been officially released (you know, have their own page, with info on Dojo). But...they were a LOT clearer then then this. I mean, they actually had definate body parts, not some deformed thing that looks a lot like purple smoke mixed with wierd creatures with beam swords and Marios and when the frames transition to the next scene seemed to look a lot like other things.
I keep saying it over and over and over: If Nintendo wanted you to see the Captain Falcon, they would. They wouldn't want you to have to go to great measures to find info that will probably be released the next posting day.
So, if you still don't get it, I'm going to compile all the info below.
Both of which were revealed obviously and blatantly. They weren't hidden. Nobody found Peach based on a blurry screenshot, hidden in a bunch of nonsense and in the middle of a transition frame.
I thought the same thing, but watch the video yourself! Its there, on the Smashbros.com, if you pause right.

An easier way is probably the youtube port o the video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YLF3z3TIJuY)

Go "slo-mo" around 0:28, and you should see him at 0:30.

I actually got a screenshot that's much better than the OPs, but different enough to show that he's on for more than one frame!

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I bet Sakurai did it on purpose to tease us. It's the kind of thing he'd do. :p

BTW it can't be The Falcon, because if it was him, the Primids would be dead.

/Thread :D

Top Bottom