• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon is NOT the worst character in the game

Super-Donovan-64

Smash Rookie
Whoever says a character is "the worst" Doesn't know crap.

Lemme put it this way; You know how Mewtwo is on the bottom of the melee tier list and Fox is on the top, right?

It's quite possible for Mewtwo to win.

Each character can be played well.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Falcon works well if Chuck Norris use it

Seriusly, tier list is a crap, good players focus in his favorite character to make it unstoppable, maybe someday will appear a legendary falcon player and pwn everyone in an important tourney while this song is playing in our heads

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=h_SxVtf6Nk0

Captain Falcon is the coolest character in the game he is in the top of cool tier list
Tier lists just atract people to a select group of "good" characters. You know what? I hope he is bottom tier so that I can be one of the few people on Earth to main Falcon and be good with him.

Not like Metaknight. EVERYBODY uses him! I'm not even kidding. I just wouldn't feel dignified using the same character that millions of other poeple use, as to Falcon were only a few thousand poeple may ever main him.

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
^^^^^smash brothers 2008, why isnt zero suit samus top tier???????

Okesoke

Smash Apprentice
who ever is saying skill > char you are really off and have never been 2 a tourny. If a "skilled" player picks up snake or MK he will do naturally better then if he picked up cf... just pick snake and ftilt all day its fun.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
who ever is saying skill > char you are really off and have never been 2 a tourny. If a "skilled" player picks up snake or MK he will do naturally better then if he picked up cf... just pick snake and ftilt all day its fun.
That just means they are easier to play as. Unless a character has an unbeatable move, skill will always be the primary factor in who is going to win, because any move has a counter. Certain characters have moves that can be beaten with fewer moves than others (such as Snake's tilts), and that is generally what makes people think of them as better, but every character has weaknesses that can be exploited.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
That just means they are easier to play as. Unless a character has an unbeatable move, skill will always be the primary factor in who is going to win, because any move has a counter. Certain characters have moves that can be beaten with fewer moves than others (such as Snake's tilts), and that is generally what makes people think of them as better, but every character has weaknesses that can be exploited.
sorry bro your wrong, when at a tourny top tiers will win, regardless of how much skill you have (unless you dodge every **** move), however seconding a low tier character builds your fundamental skills, so when you play a top tier character your next to unstoppable.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
sorry bro your wrong, when at a tourny top tiers will win, regardless of how much skill you have (unless you dodge every **** move), however seconding a low tier character builds your fundamental skills, so when you play a top tier character your next to unstoppable.
Next to unstoppable != unstoppable. Mind games > all.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
...That's a bad way to think of it, and completely untrue.

Brawl has a very very large tourney-viable scene, as most characters are actually based upon matchups rather than beating every other character in the game (bar Snake/MK, from what I hear). The notion that only the top 3 will win is absurd.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
No he certainly is not.

However, he was a deviant...a god if you will on Melee. Ever since Brawl, he's definitely fallen from grace.

So no more insane combo videos of you lightning kneeing some poor Smash Mortal like 3 times in midair. Those days are long lonnnng gone. Yes, tis very depressing. I know.

Wogrim

Smash Lord

Brawl has a very very large tourney-viable scene, as most characters are actually based upon matchups rather than beating every other character in the game (bar Snake/MK, from what I hear). The notion that only the top 3 will win is absurd.
Yeah I'd expect someone who is good with multiple characters to be able to counterpick their 'top-tier' opponent and win by just picking easy matchups. But I still think that there is a level of skill at which tiers/matchups won't matter at all (although that level is probably unattainable by 99.9% of the Smash community, and probably hasn't been reached yet by anyone in the world). Let's give the game a few years and see how the 'tiers' stand.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Next to unstoppable != unstoppable. Mind games > all.
And what happens when your opponent's mind games are just as good? Now they've got everything you have and then some. Anybody can have mind games. But only Snake will ever have Snake's f-tilt, only Metaknight will ever have Metaknight's tornado. You can't "learn" a character specific advantage. A player with great mind games and a great character will always beat a player with great mind games only. Unless you're maybe 10 x better than than your competition, you need the advantage that a higher tier character offers. Whoever has the most advantages will always win. (Obviously being more skilled than your opponent is the greatest advantage, but you won't always have that luxury).

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
And what happens when your opponent's mind games are just as good? Now they've got everything you have and then some. Anybody can have mind games. But only Snake will ever have Snake's f-tilt, only Metaknight will ever have Metaknight's tornado. You can't "learn" a character specific advantage. A player with great mind games and a great character will always beat a player with great mind games only. Unless you're maybe 10 x better than than your competition, you need the advantage that a higher tier character offers. Whoever has the most advantages will always win. (Obviously being more skilled than your opponent is the greatest advantage, but you won't always have that luxury).
Not really, it can also depend on how strong your opponent is. And no, I don't mean Brawl character-opponent. I mean the fat kid sitting next to you. If you can scratch his eyes out you're probably going to win. Though it's kinda useless to have prize money when your in jail...

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Not really, it can also depend on how strong your opponent is. And no, I don't mean Brawl character-opponent. I mean the fat kid sitting next to you. If you can scratch his eyes out you're probably going to win. Though it's kinda useless to have prize money when your in jail...
Ah but what happens when your opponent is supremely buff =)? Not all smashers are untrained in the art of self defense. Just another (dubious) advantage to add to the list.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace

Only absurd to those that arent top level players themselves. :) If Ken(for say)went around every single place destorying people with Metaknight,M2K and BombSoilder arent gonna sit their and pick anybody thats lower than that bar.Even if M2K isnt at his level,I for sure think he'd wanna level the playing field in order for him to increase his chances of winning,best way to do that...well you know.Unless he seen a flaw in Ken's Metaknight that he can exploit with a different character,M2K better be shuttle looping right along with him. :laugh:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I have a question...

If only one person were to consistently win big tourneys with a low tier character, would that character remain low tier?

Tenki

Smash Hero
If he did it with the character's current metagame, no.

If he demonstrates some kinda crap that noone's ever seen used before and other people start using it and all of a sudden it revolutionizes the character's metagame so they start beating people, maybe.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Saying tiers are more important than skill is ridiculous
Then how come snake hasn't won ALL tourney's?
This is absurd. I thought that skill > tiers was common knowledge >_>
Captain falcon can beat snake, captain falcon will beat snake!

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Smash Wikia even says that tiers are just a measure of which characters are MORE LIKELY to win, given that both players have the same amount of skill.

So Skill > Tiers

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
i think the higher your tier is the less work you need to win.compare mk to captain falcon.i could probably get mk down in a month, but i had to practice for months for my captain falcon to be decent.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
i think the higher your tier is the less work you need to win.compare mk to captain falcon.i could probably get mk down in a month, but i had to practice for months for my captain falcon to be decent.
No, MK is button-mash freindly. When I first got Brawl I had him down in a few games. My MK can probably be better, though.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Umm yeah... becuase the difference between Brawl's top and bottom characters is soooo vast, right?

Brawl is the most balance SSB i've seen yet. Do you really think that the developers actually spent four years just sitting at the computers doing nothing. Sakurai focused on this entire balance issue the whole time!
FAILURE

10failures

Arigatex

Smash Rookie
FAILURE

10failures
ROFLMAO
indeed sakurai didnt spent 4 years doing nothing but a perfect balanced a game without post-release patches its near impossible dude...patches for brawl doesnt that sounds great? :laugh:

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
FAILURE

10failures
The funny thing is, you just verbally assaulted someone for posting a relatively innocent comment. Sure, it was wrong, but does that give you the right to flame him?

Anyway, Captain Falcon is PROBABLY the worst character, but the tiers can change, so who knows?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Smash Wikia even says that tiers are just a measure of which characters are MORE LIKELY to win, given that both players have the same amount of skill.

So Skill > Tiers
Smash Wiki can also be edited by ANYONE in the world, so you shouldn't rely on that for information too much, although what you're saying is probably true.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but he is pretty far down there. I enjoy playing him and all but they really nerfed him. not saying players can't be amazing with him, but the character himself is pretty ridiculous.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I love the fact that when Brawl came out, I was all like "I know low tier, I played Pichu in Melee... Falcon is not low tier."

Ha. I'm actually one of the guys saying he's bottom tier now.

Top Bottom