• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon is the god you've been wating for

Status
Not open for further replies.

habaker91

Smash Apprentice
playing against people using their mains while you use captain falcon really forces you to be smart...takes a lot of time but best training method.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Any smartness gained by playing as Falcon is immediately canceled out by the dumbness of playing as Captain Falcon. Playing with a terrible character doesn't make you better, it just makes you better with that terrible character. Find a new main.

pKNeM

Smash Cadet
Any smartness gained by playing as Falcon is immediately canceled out by the dumbness of playing as Captain Falcon. Playing with a terrible character doesn't make you better, it just makes you better with that terrible character. Find a new main.
QED

you're kidding yourself otherwise

=ArtH=

Smash Apprentice
playing against people using their mains while you use yoshi really forces you to be smart...takes a lot of time but best training method.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I do believe what Stunna said, but on the other hand, I think playing with a low tier and doing well is a respectable skill.

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice
Playing against people using their mains while you're using your main is how you get better.

With that said... beating people with falcon is still pretty funny.

=ArtH=

Smash Apprentice
playing against people using their mains while you use yoshi really forces you to be smart...takes a lot of time but best training method.
playing against people using their mains while you use samus really forces you to be smart...takes a lot of time but best training method.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Well beating people using their main when I use my main (yoshi). It's not the best training method at all, but if you win a tourney with someone who isn't snake or MK you get alot more "cred" than you would using those two.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I main Falcon but I can fair up way better with Snake, however from using Falcon more than Snake I know how important spacing, timing, baiting, gimping, mind games, and lots of more techniques. And from Playing him at a competitive level I now have "mastered" these essential techniques of smash bringing my fundamental skills higher, allowing me to play a better high tier character when in a tourny rather than starting out as Snake and relying on his priority and hitbox to win matches, only to lose to a more experienced high tier character. So using Falcon doesn't really making you better, however if your able to learn to overcome his faults and apply them to another character, you in turn become a better player.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Playing lower characters requires heavy emphasis on recognizing weaknesses and learning how to make up for those short comings, which can improve your high tier character.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sorry guys, this should be character specific, but even then, the point seems to be "playing as a low tier character means you have to work/think more", which is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom